Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: New Mesh Maps This Tuesday?

May 14, 2013

nicolepwned wrote:
PAK lab: discourage members from climbing and exploring.

Wonderful.

It's not a big deal I guess. I mean, it's not a traversal game or anything.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 31 of 41 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7082 posts

May 14, 2013

I'm sure there will be plenty of instances where a person up high with a pistol (I'm assuming its gonna be a para) can dominate a bunch of turtles who cant jump or run anywhere. At least thats gonna be my plan.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 32 of 41 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

May 14, 2013
^ I'm just thinking about maps like Airport that usually requires a jump to get on the middle level, and another for the roof, where the action usually is.

Idk tho.

I only really play FFXIV and Smite now a'days.
If you send me a friend request please specify where you're from. Thank.
Sub or just check out my YouTube channel!
Message 33 of 41 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7082 posts

May 14, 2013

maybe there will just be different hotspots than usual in the maps. It is quite interesting when other parts of the map are actually explored.

Message 34 of 41 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 14, 2013

I hope they give us 200% health to make it even more interesting.

Message 35 of 41 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

May 14, 2013

The current lab is great IF, you can get 3 (or more) of your teammates together in an open area on a good map (say the roof in Airstrip) and provided they can all aim.  It’s no contest…Mag 5 wins pretty much all time against blindfiring shotgunners (because they usually can’t get close enough) – even against laggers where it sometimes takes 3 or 4 Mag shots to kill them.  I found this lab quite refreshing because I detest blindfirers and those players have no idea what to do when their no talent tactic doesn’t work…most of them just keep coming with the same, tired old method.  But I have to agree that lab has been around a bit too long.  Bring back the Hammer lab!  That was fun and great for leveling up boosters.  The calendar is pretty clear that the new lab is supposed to start today.

Beast Mode hats stack with the Beast Mode booster and although the hat gives only an additional 10%, it is very noticeable and quite awesome in Gold Rush rounds.  I don’t think it’s quite as fast as sprint but darn close and since you require no recovery, your teammates usually can’t keep up with you.

Message 36 of 41 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

May 14, 2013

runner21 wrote:

Just curious, as I haven't played the game in quite some time. I could see myself coming back for a few matches coming to try out a new map Smiley Wink. May 14th would be "Mid-May", no? Of course, in Naughty Dog terms, it probably means June 28th.

i can totally see ND posting on their blog today that: "THE NEW BLOCK MESH MAPS HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED!! ....... coming June 28th...." Smiley Sad

Message 37 of 41 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7082 posts

May 14, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

runner21 wrote:

Just curious, as I haven't played the game in quite some time. I could see myself coming back for a few matches coming to try out a new map Smiley Wink. May 14th would be "Mid-May", no? Of course, in Naughty Dog terms, it probably means June 28th.

i can totally see ND posting on their blog today that: "THE NEW BLOCK MESH MAPS HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED!! ....... coming June 28th...." Smiley Sad

of 2014.

Message 38 of 41 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

nicolepwned wrote:
PAK lab: discourage members from climbing and exploring.

Wonderful.

It's not a big deal I guess. I mean, it's not a traversal game or anything.

Don't worry, I just looked at the calendar and the Pak-80 lab that was supposed to come out today was removed. Another week of the same boring lab. -_- It looks like it's to "hard" for ND to do actual new/ interesting and never before done (including UC2) labs like that Pak- 80 and that "3vs3vs3" 3TDM that could have been. Smiley Mad

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 39 of 41 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

May 14, 2013

Heh. The calendar says the next lab is supposed to be released on May 28th. Way to stretch it, ND. A few snags later and it's 2014. Smiley Tongue

Message 40 of 41 (268 Views)