Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 15 2013
By: CaptainProduce67 Wastelander 679 posts

New co-op mode - Arena: 5 versus the World?

3 replies 138 views Edited Mar 15, 2013

The idea came up in a discussion with friends recently.  We all felt like playing coop but had 5 people in party.  Wouldn't work in Adventure without some major tweaking but why not Arena?  Ramping up the difficulty essentially just adds tougher enemies, would it be technically feasible to modify a multiplier to provide for the extra players/protagonists?

Would anyone play this other than me and my peeps?

Message 1 of 4 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Re: New co-op mode - Arena: 5 versus the World?

Mar 15, 2013

I would play this.  I would also like to be able to play co-op alone.  Maybe in U4. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 2 of 4 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Mar 15, 2013
4 may work but not 5. I can see a 4 player splitscreen, but the maps have to be huge, and I mean huge. It already feels clustered with 3 people so bigger maps are needed as well as more enemies instead of "tougher". I hate bullet sponge enemies.

More hoards of enemies, bigger maps and also a single player option will do it for me
Message 3 of 4 (125 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Oooh.  4 player!  They'd finally use all the real estate in split screen!  Good point. :smileyhappy:

Some maps would be tight to be sure..for me, that just means more cooperation.  My style is to stand off the action in support and let my more "agressive" friends mix it up in close but I think I'm the exception so yeah, that point is well taken also.

Message 4 of 4 (118 Views)
0 Likes