Adapt or perish!

*The L in alex is an i.

Message 21 of 48 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: New ideas for UC4 multiplayer and co-op

Nov 16, 2013
Better is subjective. Can you define a "better reticle"?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 22 of 48 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Nov 16, 2013
I'd loved to play as villains in co-op. when I first played UC3 co-op I always wondered why I couldn't play as desert talbot.

More variety for co-op players: so far it's only area and adventure. Not everyone bought the DLC for co-op shade survival. I don't know if hunter mode would be classified as co-op(?) since I don't play it. But I think co-op shade survival mode (if they're going to continue with it in the next uncharted ps4 game) should be available from the get-go. Adds a little more variety and makes the player pool a little wider.

Also I think ALL multiplayer maps should be compatible and playable for co-op players. Or at least 90% of the maps made for multiplayer should be playable for co-op. and maybe have competitions once a month (for several months after UC4 launch) for both multiplayer and co-op players and if we're in the top 5 on the competition leader board we win awesome ND and UC4 swag/merchandise?
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 23 of 48 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

First, let me say that I was delighted with the news that another Uncharted is in development.  As with TLOU, I have every confidence that the next Uncharted will be a stellar gaming experience and that you will raise the bar. Smiley Happy Thank you, ND.

I will leave suggestions for improvements in most other areas in the capable hands of my fellow gamers.  However, let me address something that to me was like a second, insidious villain in UC3...the coop arena treasure system.

In the next Uncharted, if there is something resembling coop arena and if there is a treasure system, please don't reuse the existing code for that mode without re-examining it.

I tell you that that there ARE rare treasures in coop arena for UC3 and if you're not convinced, please take your code and simulate a statistically signficant number of treasure "drops".  With respect to the total number of times they drop during your simulation(s), I would be shocked and amazed if you find that the following treasures don't end up at (or very near)  the bottom of the list:

Eight Emblems Pendant (gold)
Fibula Thogchag (gold)
Official Seal (jade)
Tibetan Ring (silver)
Tibetan Vase (gold)
Yuan Fish (gold)
Sanxingdui Stickeye Head (emerald)
Tibetan Snuff Bottle (silver)
Yuan Fish (jade)
Ceremonial Blade (lapis-lazuli)
Chenrezg Buddha (gold)
Gilt Tara (ruby)
Lion Nepal (bronze)
Mani Jewel Thogchag (bronze)
Newari Figures (copper)
Ottoman Bracelet (silver)
Strange Relic (ivory)
Tzongkhapa Statue (crystal)
Tzongkhapa Statue (emerald)
Wrathful Deity Head (ivory)
Wrathful Deity Head (lapis-lazuli)

It has taken me a little over two months to accumulate data on 606 treasure drops.  The treasures listed above have dropped at most twice each and in the case of the 12 bolded treasures, they have never dropped for me in the two month span during which I've been collecting data.  The treasures above are all the last treasure listed in their respective sets.  There are some of the "last" treasures that drop more often - for instance, Garuda (hematite) is in a 4 way tie for the 11th most commonly occurring treasure but consistently,  most of the “last” treasures occupy the bottom positions.  Of the 25 coop arena treasure sets the “last” treasures in each set has consistently occupied the bottom 20-22 positions.

Please consider my recent data project as well as my own experience: 2 years of playing, ~2200 coop completions (majority in coop arena and roughly ¾ of those on Hard and Crushing), ~230,000 coop kills and a conservative estimate of 5000 coop arena treasures collected.  If coop arena treasures all drop at the same rate, I could accept that the “law of averages” has worked against me all this time (I’m missing the bronze Lion Nepal) but it defies logic that the “law of averages” has also worked against me for the 11 other treasures that have never dropped at all AND the 9 treasures listed above that dropped 2 or fewer times.

Failing a re-examination of the code, please don't have two game modes (in UC3, namely Hunter Arena and Coop Arena) that potentially yield the same treasures but that have different treasure drop algorithms.

Thanks again.

>EDIT - Corrected for grammar and clarity.

Message 24 of 48 (381 Views)
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Don't let people quit within 10 kills to the end of the match. 

Message 25 of 48 (370 Views)
Fender Bender
3419 posts

Nov 16, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

Yes me & 2 friends were playing a PO5 last night we destroyed them it was 48 - 32 and suddenly we were all sent back to the lobby.

Message 26 of 48 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Nov 16, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

Yes me & 2 friends were playing a PO5 last night we destroyed them it was 48 - 32 and suddenly we were all sent back to the lobby.

People still try too hard in this game. Smiley Tongue

Message 27 of 48 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3419 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Please to use dedicated servers if not do not be so generous with Lag compensation to help others with awful connections having the advantage. Take a page from Microsoft or Dice & have a specific internet connection speed criteria to be able to log unto your servers and play. I know of people who teethered their phone connection & was able to connect and play, ofcourse lagging like crazy.

Message 28 of 48 (362 Views)
Fender Bender
3419 posts

Nov 16, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

Yes they do all of them were using mics I got a kick out of hearing them rage, one of them even stated I was lagging because I killed him aiming every time he rushed me with a KAL lol. I was called a Noob apparently for aiming my AK. Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 48 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Nov 16, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

Yes they do all of them were using mics I got a kick out of hearing them rage, one of them even stated I was lagging because I killed him aiming every time he rushed me with a KAL lol. I was called a Noob apparently for aiming my AK. Smiley Very Happy

Lol, I love hearing people rage. Smiley Tongue

Message 30 of 48 (359 Views)
0 Likes