Jan 16 2013
By: N7_Paragon First Son 4 posts

New to UC3 MP

[ Edited ]
17 replies 279 views Edited Jan 16, 2013

Hello!

Just thought I'd post here for some tips for a newbie? I treated myself to the GOTY edition as a late christmas present. 

So info on boosters, kickbacks? (don't know what they are), popular gametypes with lots of ppl and weapon advice that sort of thing. I'll be playing it solidly until Last of Us comes out so I kinda need friends to play with lol.

Co-Op will be played too xD I do not have a mic atm though as I'm broke after getting the PS3 haha.

Message 1 of 18 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3544 posts

Re: New to UC3 MP

Jan 16, 2013

N7_Paragon wrote:

Hello!

Just thought I'd post here for some tips for a newbie? I treated myself to the GOTY edition as a late christmas present. 

So info on boosters, kickbacks? (don't know what they are), popular gametypes with lots of ppl and weapon advice that sort of thing. I'll be playing it solidly until Last of Us comes out so I kinda need friends to play with lol.

Co-Op will be played too xD I do no

Kickbacks are bonus 'powers' you get after getting medals, which you earn by doing different things. You can find a list of those things in the menus somewhere, Square button > Records > Medals I think.

Popular game types are TDM and The Lab

Weapon Advice: Don't judge by looking at the stats bar

Do you feel me?

Message 2 of 18 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2241 posts

Jan 16, 2013

N7_Paragon wrote:

Hello!

Just thought I'd post here for some tips for a newbie? boosters, kickbacks, popular gametypes with lots of ppl and weapon advice that sort of thing. I'll be playing it solidly until Last of Us comes out so I kinda need friends to play with lol.

Co-Op will be played too xD I do not have a mic atm though as I'm broke after getting the PS3 haha.

It depends on what you want, all modes are populated enough to play them. Even DLC(yes Tap, I checked and finding a match in elimination DLC was no problem).

For weapons I can only say; Don't use a kal. It gets you kills but doesn't make you better at the game, same goes for revenge. For the other weapons it depends on what you want to use and what you got the most experience with.

The most important thing in the MP is probably moving your camera the right way. Look around and behind you all the time.

For the boosters it's the same; totally depending on your playstyle. But here is a list of boosters that you really should not use:

Come here

Endurance

Let me see

For my buddy

Explosive buddy

Once again the same goes for kickbacks. But here is a list of kickbacks that are unuseful in almost any situation:

Explosives; gives you 2 standard grenades. Not worth their medals and not worth your kickbacks slot.

Militia Man: You don't need to reload for 30 seconds. It sounds useful but when you have clip size or reload speed you almost don't notice it. Again not worth your kickback slot.

Carpet bomb: The next time you throw a grenade you will throw 3 at once. Not worth it as Mega and Cluster bomb are a lot more powerful.

Signature02.png

Message 3 of 18 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10211 posts

Jan 16, 2013

First off, welcome to the Uncharted multiplayer forums! There's lots of colorful people here, and I hope you have a good time.

Alright. First off? Story mode in Normal first to get a grip of the game. The guns in story mode handle differently to their counterparts in multiplayer (for example, the KAL has no recoil on Story while in Multiplayer I'll applaud you if you can kill someone mid-range).

My method was to play co-op first to get the handle of multiplayer guns and a taste of most boosters and kickbacks. Most of the time the people you play with would help you out, but there are people who are jerks (like ALL multiplayer games).

Anyway, when you think you can handle the gameplay, you can head over to multiplayer. If you're into general killing I suggest TDM. If you're interested in modes where there's other objectives, there's Team Objective and Plunder. (Note: people are known to "killfarm" in these modes, ie they don't play the objective and just generally kill people).

The Lab's a fun place to go if you want to fool around a bit. Generally at the first time it's released it's full of people.

Anyway. The boosters and kickbacks depend on your gameplay. Just read up on the description. I got nothin' here. Smiley Tongue

Weapons might be a little hard to go about, since the all-around weapon (the M9) is unlockable after a lot of levels. Just practice with whatever you got. Smiley Very Happy

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 4 of 18 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2241 posts

Jan 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Most of the time the people you play with would help you out, but there are people who are jerks (like ALL multiplayer games).

I must say the jerkiness of these forums has decreased. There are a lot less trolls and troll threads. TBH I haven't seen much since thelegendaryD left.

Signature02.png

Message 5 of 18 (254 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Great info guys, thanks for that and the warm welcome! Smiley Very Happy

I'll be able to play it as soon as all the updates have downloaded, taking forever lol. I hope I haven't arrived too late in the games life. It looks awesome.

I've played the other two UC games story on my old account (sadly can't remember login details Smiley Sad but never touched the MP at all. So this is gonna be a new experence.

I'll probably stick to the AK47.

Message 6 of 18 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2241 posts

Jan 16, 2013

N7_Paragon wrote:

Great info guys, thanks for that and the warm welcome! Smiley Very Happy

I'll be able to play it as soon as all the updates have downloaded, taking forever lol. I hope I haven't arrived too late in the games life. It looks awesome.

I've played the other two UC games story on my old account (sadly can't remember login details Smiley Sad but never touched the MP at all. So this is gonna be a new experence.

I'll probably stick to the AK47.

AK and M9 are both the same class of guns. The AK is stronger but harder to handle. You might want to try both and then see what one you liked the most.

Signature02.png

Message 7 of 18 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3544 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Remember to turn on shoulder aim swap in the options menu, as well as trying out different aim speeds with the camera sensitivity.

BTW, you can try all weapons and boosters in LAN mode.

Do you feel me?

Message 8 of 18 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2214 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Hey!

The most active modes would probably be Deathmatch, Plunder (played for the wrong reasons), Team Objective, Free For All (not a good mode for a newbie), The Lab, Co-op Area and maybe Co-op Adventure, I never have to wait long when searching for a game in these modes. For everything else, I can usually find a game in about 1-5 minutes depending on the mode. Shade Mode can take up to 30 minutes however, but it's awful.

Boosters give you advantages throughout the entire match, some are very powerful but others very weak. You can read the description for each one before buying it.

If you are going to legacy, I strongly recommend you just use Fleet Floot and Treasure Hunter (And Beast Mode if you enjoy Plunder) until you reach your desired rank, (once you Legacy, anything you leveled up to Gold will revert back to Bronze) Fleet Foot is super easy to level up, and Treasure Hunter gets you better guns. There's five Legacy ranks but in my opinion, the decent rewards stop at the third rank. (Legacy ranks 1-3 give you negative boosters and Doughnut Talbot, while 4-5 will give you a few lame hats and emblem pieces)

If you're not going to Legacy, I'd suggest you level up Beast Mode, Scoped In, Cloaked, Regeneration, Fleet Foot, Team Safe, Daredevil, Monkey Man, Back in the Saddle, Ammo Award, and Bargain then work out which Boosters fit your playstyle best. Power Hunter, Deposit and Treasure Hunter are great to use early on too, but I wouldn't suggest using them later on.

Kickbacks give you power weapons, better grenades, quick escapes and many other things that usually help you out in a match, but they require medals to use, and are only temporary available. Medals are pretty easy to get though. The only Kickbacks you shouldn't use are Explosives, Militia Man, Cursed Idol (unless you like laughing) and Juggernaut, as they are all very weak. Also, Quick Boom will get you more hate mail than kills, but that's not to say it won't get you lots of kills...

As for weapons, it really depends on your style of play and how good your aim is, I myself am using Talbot's FAL-SS with Chloe's Tau which is very powerful if you know how to keep range and good with exploiting melee+roll for close quarter emergencies (yes, I admit that I use it). Most would suggest you use M9, but I wouldn't recommend it, as most good players are far too familiar with it and it could just result in just giving the other team more ammo. Spyder's M9 is also a very bad gun for a new player, the Max Ammo will be useless and while Call Out is helpful for the team, it won't help the player learn how to take down an opponent on their own. I'd suggest you stick with AK-47 and G-Mal, but just get used to the recoil. For pistols, Para-9 does everything, but the Tau can be helpful at longer rangers as you can land headshots on turret users with ease. The only real reason you should use any other pistols is for the third boosters, Elena's G-Mal + Elena's Raffica + Elena's skin = Thanks Buddy. That booster gives you more advantage than any pistol would, but you would have to at least be decent with the G-Mal.

It would also be worth reading this for other great tips. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Becoming-a-better-player-Commun...
Pepsi
Message 9 of 18 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1264 posts

Jan 16, 2013
I can't post any tips right now, but feel free to add me on PSN!

" runner21 "
Message 10 of 18 (204 Views)
0 Likes