Nov 19 2013
By: Snake-Eater300 I Only Post Everything 1118 posts

No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

[ Edited ]
68 replies 6290 views Edited Nov 19, 2013

Even as an Uncharted 2 Fleet Foot user, I was really happy to see it gone in the summer beta. It returned in the full game though and is still the best slot 1 booster, especially when combined with a cloaked hat which removes threats such as call out, exposed and all other SA-variants. The booster changes in 1.18 have made it even more popular and better. Also, a laggy player with FF (level 4-5 for them) can hardly be beaten.

Personally, I think that the variety of boosters used in the game would be a lot higher without Fleet Foot. For us veterans here, there are ways to counter it but overall the FF-users have the upper hand in a 1 vs 1 and the advantage is simply too big, at least with Fleet Foot level 3. Unlike any other booster, it's more than just an enhancement of a playstyle, it's almost a weapon.

(On a side note: I would prefer to see boosters as small enhancements that do not make too much of a difference.. Endurance, Explosive Expert, Monkey Man, Beast Mode, a less effective form of Cloaked, Team Safe, Weapon Expert (without Rate of Fire and such things)... that's what I hope boosters will be like in Uncharted 4.)

It's a popular booster and I even expect criticism for this thread, but I want to hear your opinions. So without saying much more, what do you think?

Message 1 of 69 (6,290 Views)
Wastelander
569 posts

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 19, 2013
What's wrong with Fleet Foot? Its supposed to give you the upperhand in a headup gun fight. It's not OP or cheap in any way.
Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 2 of 69 (6,285 Views)
Naughty Paw
11187 posts

Nov 19, 2013
We need more ways to kill people that isn't with just guns. Maybe have traps like in Tomb Raider's MP.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 69 (6,280 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:
What's wrong with Fleet Foot? Its supposed to give you the upperhand in a headup gun fight. It's not OP or cheap in any way.

Not... in any way?

Why does almost every player with a high kdr as well as almost every alt-account use it then. Why is it the most popular booster in the game and why is it that I win so many more 1 vs 1s if I use it? Since the patch it's even the most used booster in Plunder and Team Objectives...

We can argue about whether or not Fleet Foot should stay in the game and why you think it should, but to say it's not too powerful in any way while it's the most popular slot 1 booster and gives you a huge advantage in a direct fight (which is most of the game)... I don't know.

Message 4 of 69 (6,261 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Nov 19, 2013

O God, please dont include, matter of fact, not even mention anything about that nightmare that was the Tomb Raider multiplayer.

Message 5 of 69 (6,260 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
We need more ways to kill people that isn't with just guns. Maybe have traps like in Tomb Raider's MP.

I don't know. The steel fist is something that I always wanted to be nerfed because of its cheapness and I liked the way stealth kills were in Uncharted 2. I'm also glad that aerial takedowns were not in this MP. Traps and more ways to kill without a gun... I think I wouldn't want that.

I played a few matches of the TR MP and didn't like it there either. Not saying it's a bad idea in general though, just not my cup of tea Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 69 (6,256 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2389 posts

Nov 19, 2013
I can understand where you're coming from, I don't feel it's over powered either, but I'm sick of a lack of varity in this game. It's the same **bleep** everytime, and when everyone uses the same loadouts, it's a game of who gets host.

In terms of Boosters, my biggest request in Uncharted 4 is that we don't have to level them up, it's only created farming problems, balance issues, and annoyance. And no Stat Hats either...

@AKyemeni I would love this, in a way to tried to do this in UC3, but it didn't work out very well... Using Propane Tanks as traps doesn't work very well due to aim-assist, cars have an awful explosive radius, and the gas canisters, well, they don't even work, unless you want the enemy to suicide.
Pepsi
Message 7 of 69 (6,253 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 19, 2013

To be honest, I haven't played a lot of comp matches since the patch but historically, I've used Fleet Foot (and I make no apologies) to give me a fighting chance against laggers.  Even when lag wasn't an issue in a particular match, I didn't feel as though it was overpowered.  I happen to be pretty good at strafing and while I'll live with changes that the majority think are unfair, perhaps we can broaden the discussion?  I'd personally like to see Whack'n'Roll removed...this to me, is far more unfair than Fleet Foot.  In the handful of competitive matches I've played since the patch, the lag issues seem to have only improved marginally.

Having said all that, if ND decides to remove Fleet Foot (or nerf it into oblivion), then I hope they "fix" some other things.  Take blindfire for example...

One high level idea I was pondering...have blindfire accuracy linked to your rank.  As your rank increases, so does your blindfire accuracy decrease.  AND have these accuracy decreases correspond to the ranks when you unlock weapon mods and boosters so that while blindfire doesn't become completely useless at high ranks it is ALWAYS less effective than actually aiming.

Blindfire, as I understand it, is intended for new/inexperienced players to "have a chance" and it aggravates me to no end that the mechanic can be exploited by experienced players who should be able to aim (and likely can) but have no incentive to because BF is more effective in most situations.

If not my ideas, then I'd certainly support ANY idea that would promote experienced players to stop using cheap tactics or exploiting quirks of the game mechanics.

Message 8 of 69 (6,239 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

If not my ideas, then I'd certainly support ANY idea that would promote experienced players to stop using cheap tactics or exploiting quirks of the game mechanics.

This is something that - unfortunately - will never happen. There will always be the tryhards who want to have any advantage they can get at any costs. It's really sad but it's the way it is. Too many immature and/or egoistic people in online gaming. Being anonymous also plays its part.

I think all of us would agree with your blindfire and "less cheapness" suggestions, but let's keep this about FF Smiley Happy

Using FF against laggers, I see. But against laggers, everything is just wrong somehow. You have to see how it is under acceptable circumstances. And in that case, Fleet Foot will win the majority of gun fights against non-FF-users and that's what I would like to have changed. A booster should not be THE decisive factor in a 1vs1 gunfight, yet FF is.

Message 9 of 69 (6,235 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 19, 2013

@Snake-Eater300...

Fair enough…it’s just that in my case (and pre-patch), I would say lag was an issue in about ¾ of heads up gun battles AND given my gaming style, being able to come out on top of heads up gun battles is often the difference of whether I go positive or not.  My KDR is not THAT important to me but I at least like to be able to say that I didn’t drag my team down.  I’ve improved a lot in competitive but I still haven’t managed to drag my KDR above 1 - although I’m above 1 in most matches now, my overall KDR is still dragged down by my early “learning curve”. Smiley Sad

I cut my teeth on cooperative where I’m the support person.  I stand off the action and aim the vast majority of the time.  These skills have carried over to competitive and being an “old dog”, the muscle memory is very hard to overcome! Smiley Happy  It’s why I don’t particularly like blindfire and Whack’n’Roll….those tactics are “cheap” in my view.  It’s strange because one of my best friends is more into “chaotic” gameplay and while she considers Fleet Foot cheap…she uses Whack’n’Roll all the time.  Different folks…makes me wonder if we’d be friends if we’d first been opponents in a competitive match (met her in coop).

Having said all that, I could live with Fleet Foot being removed and at this point, if they carry the current booster configuration forward, it wouldn’t matter to me anyway.  Since Team Safe got moved to slot 1, Fleet Foot is no longer really an option because Team Safe is a MUST for me (I will not needlessly kill my teammates).

Message 10 of 69 (6,223 Views)
0 Likes