Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/29/2011
Offline
1350 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 19, 2013

It's simple, really. Naughty Dog needs to:

 

  • Do an Uncharted 2 style loudout system. No upgradeable boosters, kickbacks, etc.

or

 

  • Do a The Last of Us style loudout. Point Systems work pretty well and are easy to balance without messing with the nature of the items themselves (unless necessary)

 

That's it. These loudout systems balance themselves, so all Naughty Dog has to do is make sure the weapons are actually balanced (quite the challenge... Smiley Indifferent)

Message 21 of 69 (1,183 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/07/2013
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 19, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
We need more ways to kill people that isn't with just guns. Maybe have traps like in Tomb Raider's MP.

Mostly power weapons.  Thats all tryhards use anymore :/

Message 22 of 69 (1,176 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/21/2010
Offline
1129 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 20, 2013

A lot of different opinions here and some good suggestions.

 

I think so far we'd probably all agree that more variety in the use of boosters would be a great thing.

 

I also like the idea to keep all boosters level-free, but I'm not sure whether or not ND will drop this concept in Uncharted.

 

 

 

Btw, I'm surprised in a postive way that this thread didn't get any hateful messages from FF-users Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 69 (1,141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 20, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

A lot of different opinions here and some good suggestions.

 

I think so far we'd probably all agree that more variety in the use of boosters would be a great thing.

 

I also like the idea to keep all boosters level-free, but I'm not sure whether or not ND will drop this concept in Uncharted.

 

 

 

Btw, I'm surprised in a postive way that this thread didn't get any hateful messages from FF-users Smiley Wink


AS long as I get something like Monkey Man, I'm cool with it.

 

I mean, jesus, the climbing speed. So much for a climbing map, huh.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 24 of 69 (1,139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/21/2010
Offline
1129 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

J9Power4 wrote:
Lol Fleet foot is a booster that's only as powerful as the user is skilled in using it /end

I've seen this argument before.

 

Moving left and right while shooting (strafing) hardly has anything to do with skill. I learned that when I was between level 20-30 in Uncharted 2 and it worked right from the start. Sure, you get a little bit better at it, but I don't consider this a real skill.

 

Also, the aim-assist in Uncharted 3 keeps your reticule on the target unless it lags, so... I don't really see much of a skill here. If you're just a half-way dedicated player, you will know about strafing and how to do it.

And newbies are no problem when it comes to the balance of a game since they are usually not good at anything and probably even fail to kill you with an RPG.

Message 25 of 69 (1,138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/21/2010
Offline
1129 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

AS long as I get something like Monkey Man, I'm cool with it.

I mean, jesus, the climbing speed. So much for a climbing map, huh.


I'd also like to see boosters such as monkey man return. I'd prefer boosters which are more or less passive/defensive when it comes to fighting, such as Endurance or Monkey Man for example. Stuff like Fleet Foot and Explosive Shell Expert is not in that cateogoy imo.

Message 26 of 69 (1,135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 20, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

AS long as I get something like Monkey Man, I'm cool with it.

I mean, jesus, the climbing speed. So much for a climbing map, huh.


I'd also like to see boosters such as monkey man return. I'd prefer boosters which are more or less passive/defensive when it comes to fighting, such as Endurance or Monkey Man for example. Stuff like Fleet Foot and Explosive Shell Expert is not in that cateogoy imo.


Offensive anything isn't cool, really. I mean, you got power weapons, ridiculous power plays, a goddamn gun and the stupid-arse Three-Then-Melee and also WnR.

 

Why oh why do you need more offensive stuff?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 27 of 69 (1,131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/21/2011
Offline
102 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 20, 2013
@Snake I see were your coming from. Me personally I like to play 1v1s for fun with my friends boosters OFF. The only thing I don't like is that it makes both players somewhat even which causes ALOT of canceled out kills.. Fleet foot just takes it a little beyond to keep it entertaining so everyone isn't killing each other at the same time.
Photobucket
Message 28 of 69 (1,122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/22/2011
Offline
4237 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 20, 2013

Everyone has default Silver FF in the next UC. Problem solved, plus more variety in boosters since everyone would have FF.



UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 29 of 69 (1,117 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/21/2010
Offline
1129 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 20, 2013

J9Power4 wrote:
@Snake I see were your coming from. Me personally I like to play 1v1s for fun with my friends boosters OFF. The only thing I don't like is that it makes both players somewhat even which causes ALOT of canceled out kills.. Fleet foot just takes it a little beyond to keep it entertaining so everyone isn't killing each other at the same time.

I see. I think seperate hitboxes could fix this a bit. Hello Naughty Dog?! Smiley Tongue

Message 30 of 69 (1,107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes