Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/01/2010
Offline
3622 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 21, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

HIhi2442 wrote:

Everyone has default Silver FF in the next UC. Problem solved, plus more variety in boosters since everyone would have FF.


Silver? Rather bronze. With silver, the "lag-countries" will be king.

 

Unless we get less lag compensation, but we all know that won't happen. Countries with a bad connection standard seem to love Uncharted way too much. What if they couldn't tell us anymore that we need more "skeeeel" after they ran through five opponents, killing them all with one bullet. Would ND risk losing them Smiley Tongue



Snake-Eater300 wrote:

HIhi2442 wrote:

Everyone has default Silver FF in the next UC. Problem solved, plus more variety in boosters since everyone would have FF.


Silver? Rather bronze. With silver, the "lag-countries" will be king.

 

Unless we get less lag compensation, but we all know that won't happen. Countries with a bad connection standard seem to love Uncharted way too much. What if they couldn't tell us anymore that we need more "skeeeel" after they ran through five opponents, killing them all with one bullet. Would ND risk losing them Smiley Tongue


Rather gold XD.

I like using FF for some reason.

Do you feel me?

Message 41 of 69 (1,120 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/29/2011
Offline
3804 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 21, 2013

I've never been a Fleet foot user. Well, besides leveling it to gold. But now after 1.18, I've started playing competitive modes more and I've noticed that Fleet foot seems to be the only way for me to survive. My Cloaked or any other booster besides FF doesn't seem to work well for me anymore (I do get surprises on enemies still every once in a while), and most of the time if I get into gunfights, I die, unless I have FF. That's just wrong.

 

I don't like using FF, but I can't seem to able to survive without it. Maybe I'm just a horrible shooter, I dunno.







Message 42 of 69 (1,117 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 21, 2013
I dunno. I used to use it before, but WE and Regen just does it for me.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 43 of 69 (1,115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/29/2011
Offline
3804 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 21, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

HIhi2442 wrote:

Everyone has default Silver FF in the next UC. Problem solved, plus more variety in boosters since everyone would have FF.


Exactly this. Everyone should have Silver FF by default. And Team Safe. lol. (I meant grenades donot kill team mates, not that you won't get knocked down from them)


No Team Safe booster offers too great of an advantage for it to be a default built in mechanic. 

 


Indeed. TeamSafe should stay as a booster... in slot 2 Naughty Dog Smiley Wink


I've been thinking about the boosters for the next UC game. I wouldn't mind if we had 1-2 "main" boosters and one secondary/passive boosters. Main boosters would be what we have now (but both slots balanced, instead of having all the best ones in slot 1 like we have now). The secondary boosters would have things that wouldn't really give any advantages or disadvantages during matches (like gunfights, sneaking, climbing etc.), or if they did, they would benefit only you WITHOUT putting anyone else in (dis)advantage.

 

Let's think about Treasure Hunter for example. If UC3 didn't have Plus cash, this booster wouldn't give any advantages at all and you basically have wasted a slot unless you were treasure hunting.

So Treasure Hunter would be one of these "secondary" boosters. Other secondary boosters could be Team Safe (Well, TS might be a bit too powerful as a secondary booster) and maybe Deposit (because again, Deposit doesn't give any advantages at all, besides more money). This way people wouldn't be at disadvantage (and possibly  being a burder for his/her team as well) when they are looking for some extra cash or treasures. Farming wouldn't be a problem either if they keep the changes they've done to TO and Plunder.

Other possible secondary boosters; Buddy boosters, some (weak) negatives? These DO give lot more (dis)advantage though.







Message 44 of 69 (1,113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/18/2010
Offline
685 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 21, 2013

I believe I've floated this idea before (and apologies to anyone that may also have suggested it) but what about retaining 2 slots yet  removing the allocations of specific boosters in each slot?

 

Of course, ND would have to make some changes to their existing code AND ensure that boosters could not be stacked (as in the recent patch fiasco).  The boosters themselves might have to be re-balanced somewhat but everyone has different gaming styles and I'd rather be able to select my two boosters from all those available than being forced into "compromise" combinations....

 

Case in point, Fleet Foot was my main slot 1 booster.  Leaving aside the fact that many consider it OP and/or "cheap" (it could have been any other of the slot 1 boosters for the sake of my argument...I'm just being honest), it's no longer an option for me because using Team Safe is non-negotiable.  Thankfully, Regeneration is still available in slot 2 so, while I haven't played a lot of comp matches since the patch, I'm hoping that it serves me as well as Fleet Foot in heads up gun battles against laggers.

 

Even if ND could not completely balance out the boosters, I'd rather game against players using "overpowered" combinations and have complete flexibility to tailor my loadouts to MY strengths and gaming style.

 

 

 

 

Message 45 of 69 (1,103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2689 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

the thing is all the boosters in general in U3 are just so boring and not that usefull, that and the poor shooting mechanics makes hitting a fleet footer harder. - I use FF with everything, even with the sniper id pick FF over Scoped In anyday. Weapons Expert is the only other fun booster which i used to use (it was fun using ROF M9, or dragon), but what is the point in using it when you can get more mod slots for your gun from character weapons.

I wouldnt mind if FF was not in U4, but only if the default straff speed is much fast by default (silver is good i guess). I would not mind if FF was in U4, but again default straff speed should still be increased (that way the speed difference with or without it wouldnt be so great)


I was actually thinking have less boosters, but that each booster would be significantly strong in their area. e.g. Monkey Man, Endurance and Beast mode could be combined into one booster.


Message 46 of 69 (1,107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/24/2004
Online
322 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 21, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

I believe I've floated this idea before (and apologies to anyone that may also have suggested it) but what about retaining 2 slots yet  removing the allocations of specific boosters in each slot?

 

Of course, ND would have to make some changes to their existing code AND ensure that boosters could not be stacked (as in the recent patch fiasco).  The boosters themselves might have to be re-balanced somewhat but everyone has different gaming styles and I'd rather be able to select my two boosters from all those available than being forced into "compromise" combinations....

 

Case in point, Fleet Foot was my main slot 1 booster.  Leaving aside the fact that many consider it OP and/or "cheap" (it could have been any other of the slot 1 boosters for the sake of my argument...I'm just being honest), it's no longer an option for me because using Team Safe is non-negotiable.  Thankfully, Regeneration is still available in slot 2 so, while I haven't played a lot of comp matches since the patch, I'm hoping that it serves me as well as Fleet Foot in heads up gun battles against laggers.

 

Even if ND could not completely balance out the boosters, I'd rather game against players using "overpowered" combinations and have complete flexibility to tailor my loadouts to MY strengths and gaming style.

 

 

 

 


That sounds good at first read, but then I thought to myself. What a beast some would be if they could have FF and Cloaked, FF and WE, Bargain and Cloaked, Bargain and FF. Man I dont know, I would rather have the choices pre-determined for each slot.

Message 47 of 69 (1,091 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 21, 2013

@Blenner gotta disagree with you on the boosters being boring and not useful. MM is quite useful, especially considering how many people really suck at not getting pulled down, or getting shot while climbing, all that. Plus, vaulting over ledges negates grenade aftershock, so there's that too.

 

I get that FF is super cool with everyone and all, but honestly I think it's because almost everyone has quite literally the same tactic when you get down to it. Most people rush regardless of what they say they do. I rush myself, but I do it vertically, hence MM. Most rush horizontally, so that's a definite direct gun fight, hence FF.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 48 of 69 (1,089 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/18/2010
Offline
685 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 21, 2013

Yeah...in the end, I trust that ND will do a good job with their next implementation (in whatever form it takes).  For all our "discussion", they get most things right.  I was pleasantly surprised by TLOU's MP (even though my expectations weren't that high given the scarcity of details prior to release) - I thought it was very balanced.  Even though TLOU doesn't have any "pure" coop modes, the incentives to play as team that exist make the modes we did get feel like a coop/comp hybrid to me.  I hope they're not quite that radical with the next Uncharted (I adore my coop modes) but I honestly believe they'll get Uncharted (4, reloaded?) mostly "right". Smiley Happy

 

It feels strange to say this (given their dogged retention of some of the more unpopular mechanics like blind fire) but I wish ND would "stick to their guns" more ...some of the things they change "seem" to be at the behest of so few people and in other cases, make little  sense at all (the booster slot changes, for instance...it may have been a balance issue but why then, did it take two years to identify and "fix"?).  I'd also really like to see them use the Lab as a "proving" ground for post release ideas - this will be a fine line to walk since, right now, I think their focus is on having the Lab be "fun".  They may already "try out" things and they just don't advertise it.  I don't generally play in The Lab (mostly because I don't get any visual enjoyment out of the BMMs that are so often used there) but I like to think I'd participate more if I KNEW that there was another purpose being served - namely to make the game better, partly by ensuring that any changes being considered had been thoroughly tested/vetted.

 

I'll get off my soap box now.

Message 49 of 69 (1,088 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2689 posts
 

Re: No Fleet Foot in Uncharted 4 - discuss, please.

Nov 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

@Blenner gotta disagree with you on the boosters being boring and not useful. MM is quite useful, especially considering how many people really suck at not getting pulled down, or getting shot while climbing, all that. Plus, vaulting over ledges negates grenade aftershock, so there's that too.

 

I get that FF is super cool with everyone and all, but honestly I think it's because almost everyone has quite literally the same tactic when you get down to it. Most people rush regardless of what they say they do. I rush myself, but I do it vertically, hence MM. Most rush horizontally, so that's a definite direct gun fight, hence FF.


wait!! what ???   you climb in U3 - you are playing the game wrong.

Message 50 of 69 (1,079 Views)
Reply
0 Likes