Wastelander
724 posts

Re: No Incentive to playing Co-Op Arena.... (my ideas to fix that)

Oct 2, 2012
I'd pay for co-op improvements and add-ons!
Message 71 of 149 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Oct 3, 2012

jjjkur wrote:
So those are your completely original ideas eh?
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Gun-Customization/m-p/38383677#...

I apologize greatly for not giving you credit for the idea itself.

I believe, in part these are my ideas, but your ideas did inspire mine. I will revise my post and make it clear that you gave me the idea for the gun customization, I apologize greatly. Smiley Sad

Message 72 of 149 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

Hey, John Dorian, can we also get Talbot's Arm Micro (and possibly FAL-SS) skin? 

Actually, let's just make every weapon skin available- Ramses' Kal & Raffica, Lazarevic's weapons, etc. It'd be odd to leave a few out. Besides, more weapon skins = more challenges = more replayability. Smiley Wink

Smiley Surprised

I see someone else is a fan of Scrubs.

Lol, my name has NOTHING to do with "Scrubs" or any of the sort. It's literally MY first two initials.

@Toxic: I didn't feel the FAL needed attention, seeing as that there are not mods for the weapon, the camos shouldn't be added until the mods are.

I'm not sure what could be done in order to get the camos for the Arm Micro, Raffica, or KAL-7, maybe someone could suggest some? I'll add them to the OP. Smiley Wink

Message 73 of 149 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Oct 3, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Most people should know my sentiment by now (if they jump into Co-op related threads).  Essentially I was very hopeful that NDI would do something to develop, improve, and add to both Arena and Adventure.  Today, I find it VERY doubtful that NDI will do anything. 

Despite this, over the life of UC3, I'd like to thank JD-- and AliMakaveli who imparticular have made massive efforts to both help others with Co-op (producing guides/videos), and to highlight both improvements needed and new ideas.  There are others that have posted quality Co-op stuff here too, but no one has been as prolific as these two. 

Thank you for you efforts.  Here's hoping that NDI has an open mind and a surpirse or two for Co-op before the end of UC3's run, and if not here's hoping the Druckman/Straley get it right in TLOU. 

It is obvious that Co-op fixes, additions, and stand alone modes are sorely needed.  They increase the likelyhood that players will continue to play the mode and be challenged by it. 

How about a response NDI?  You avoid all questions in the "Monthy Q & A" and not word 1 has been said about a stand alone survival mode.  You essentially NEVER comment on Co-op related threads.  Care to break that silence here?  Can we get someone to comment IN THIS THREAD about the state of Co-op and UC3? 

The difference between the amount of work that has been done on COMP MP verses Co-op MP is a joke.  Co-op and Co-op players deserve some attention and response from NDI.  Just as much as COMP, Co-op needs fixes and the addition of new content. 

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

Message 74 of 149 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Message 75 of 149 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10203 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Dog! Here! Sit! Stay! Listen to JD--!

Good dog. Here's a doggie biscuit in the shape of money.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 76 of 149 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Hopefully this is optional camo? As I would certainly not be using it. Im always a gun purists in games original color and simple mods thats my way but I would still feel it necessary to unlock them unfortunately do to the completionist in me I despise seeing those locked items... So I don't know how I feel about this... I definitely wouldn't use them but would feel forced to obtain them same way im having to use boosters I don't like to obtain trophies I want... I don't like having to play the game this way but I persist simply cause I enjoy the game but hate going out of my way to obtain the trinket items... so I would feel quite angry to have another list of items to complete So late in the game... but that's just me probably... Smiley Sad
Message 77 of 149 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10203 posts

Oct 10, 2012

TechMemphis wrote:
Hopefully this is optional camo? As I would certainly not be using it. Im always a gun purists in games original color and simple mods thats my way but I would still feel it necessary to unlock them unfortunately do to the completionist in me I despise seeing those locked items... So I don't know how I feel about this... I definitely wouldn't use them but would feel forced to obtain them same way im having to use boosters I don't like to obtain trophies I want... I don't like having to play the game this way but I persist simply cause I enjoy the game but hate going out of my way to obtain the trinket items... so I would feel quite angry to have another list of items to complete So late in the game... but that's just me probably... Smiley Sad

Gun purist? Meaning, you play Hardcore then, right (all guns are reverted back to default, with no mods)?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 78 of 149 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Nice ideas man. By this time I'm sure even ND knows who you are. They probably call you "the co op guy". All you gotta do is look for a thread involving co op and JD will be there. Smiley Tongue but yea nd wouldn't do this because the gold guns are available through the stupid tournament system unless that changes in 1.15
Message 79 of 149 (92 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13841 posts

Oct 10, 2012

How to make people play co-op. Hmm.

What I would personally do is increase the cash available in the mode. The reward for killing PAK-man seems very slim to none considering the weapon he has and the limitations the player has against him.

The limitations and annoyance of chokers should be better rewarded too, or better yet remove them. But that wont happen.

Bosses with infinite kickbacks. This is an irritation too.

These 3 things would be enough to make me say.. Wait a minute, I'm killing these guys who have much more tools than I do and am barely getting rewarded for it.

The logical thing going through my mind when I see these is usually.. Why do I bother. The reward isn't there. But on the other hand. I'm capable of taking them down so It doesn't become a huge problem, I do see players who do suffer against these kinds of bosses though and eventually when they do kill them they see a reward which is not suitable for the feat they just accomplished.

5 minutes of killing PAK-man vs. 5 minutes of TDMA... The 5 minutes of TDM has much higher rewards. That needs to be addressed, co-op can take anything from 20 minutes to 40 depending on the players. You earn $40,000 on a team full of good players. While in DM 20 minutes will usually reward you with over $70,000 providing you are disposing of your enemies at a decent pace.

Risk to reward ratio for co-op is just totally square and inadequate.

Message 80 of 149 (85 Views)
0 Likes