Aug 20 2013
By: Evil_Curry_Dude First Son 22 posts

No Subway Sweepstakes for UC4

64 replies 565 views Edited Aug 20, 2013

One of the biggest things that irritated me about UC3 was the Subway Sweepstakes. This US only promotion gave Subway customers early access to the full UC3 Multiplayer. When I got UC3, there were ALOT of level 75ers, and I was getting my **bleep** handed to me quite a lot. Plus, you got a Subway t-shirt for your player, Subway modded weapons, and a  Footlong taunt. Naughty Dog should've known better that their fanbase from other nations would've enjoyed this as well. For UC4, this should NOT return.

Message 1 of 65 (565 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Re: No Subway Sweepstakes for UC4

Aug 20, 2013
The max level was 35, so people only had a small head start. Also, the T-Shirt and taunt no longer exist. Promotions like these help games sell copies, which will also increase the player pool for mulitplayer. I thought the whole thing was corny, but it did work.

And I'm not sure, but I thought anyone could play that beta if they joined PS Plus. That's how I got to play it.
Pepsi
Message 2 of 65 (552 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7491 posts

Aug 20, 2013

3 Things:

1 there were no Subway weapons there were Naughty Dog branded weapons and Subway TREASURES such as a sandwich, coins and a drink

2 Subway stores are only stationed in US as far as I know which is why it would be exclusive (correct me if I'm wrong????)

3 Yes it should be brought again why not

Sleep Matt signature
Message 3 of 65 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4225 posts

Aug 20, 2013

SjShane wrote:
The max level was 35, so people only had a small head start. Also, the T-Shirt and taunt no longer exist. Promotions like these help games sell copies, which will also increase the player pool for mulitplayer. I thought the whole thing was corny, but it did work.

And I'm not sure, but I thought anyone could play that beta if they joined PS Plus. That's how I got to play it.

You're thinking of the Summer 2011 beta that happened just after PSN came back up.

@OP, complaining about getting your **bleep** pushed in? Deal with it. Everyone had theirs pushed in at one point.

Message 4 of 65 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7491 posts

Aug 20, 2013

SjShane wrote:

That was summer beta....The Subway one the only way to enter it was to have someone in the US give you a US code as it was exclusive to US

Sleep Matt signature
Message 5 of 65 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7491 posts

Aug 20, 2013

HIhi2442 wrote:

SjShane wrote:

You're thinking of the Summer 2011 beta that happened just after PSN came back up.

@OP, complaining about getting your **bleep** pushed in? Deal with it. Everyone had theirs pushed in at one point.

ninja'd and also the comment to the OP........Smiley Very Happy

Sleep Matt signature
Message 6 of 65 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Aug 20, 2013
...Strange, I got to play it without using any codes. The beta I played had no Subway promotions either, Subway Drake was Baseball Drake, the gun was the ND AK, and the taunt was Kiss It.
Pepsi
Message 7 of 65 (530 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Aug 20, 2013

Subway's available throughout North America.

Message 8 of 65 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7491 posts

Aug 20, 2013

Evil_Curry_Dude wrote:

Subway's available throughout North America.

That is what I said.....NA is US........Subway is NOT available anywhere outside of US I was led to believe

Sleep Matt signature
Message 9 of 65 (519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Aug 20, 2013
It's available in most North American countries such as Canada, my country, and Mexico. Not sure about the others.
Message 10 of 65 (515 Views)
0 Likes