Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 06 2013
By: Harold-Da-Man I Only Post Everything 894 posts

Not Enough Sniper LOS On Maps

16 replies 423 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

I'm trying to get scoped in gold right now, and it's really hard to get 50+ meter shots on most maps. The only maps I can consistently get long rangers on are: London Underground, Yemen, Graveyard, and Old Quarter. Just four maps out of 23 or 24 (I forget the exact number). There just aren't any sniper lanes to get good shots in, unless you're really lucky. I don't mean to be a pill, but the distance should be shortened, just to 40 m.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (423 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18484 posts

Re: Not Enough Sniper LOS On Maps

Mar 6, 2013
Camp in the corner above the Villains spawn in Museum. Besides Lab Map 1, Museum is the best place to get them.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Mar 6, 2013

i've gotten a few also on airstrip, and since the blockmesh maps are coming back, i got mine silver during the one with a tunnel in the middle, got it gold on the one with zip lines, also try using that paid booster untraceable.

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 6, 2013
If you have DLC, Trainwreck is the map you want.
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5863 posts

Mar 6, 2013

you can also get it in highrise. You can theoretically get it in most maps with hail marys, the only 2 I never got 1 in was desert village and chataeu.

Best way for me leveling scoped-in...twice... was using 3TDM with a buddy. I used Sully's setup for the 3rd booster For My Buddy and my friend used callout and pointed out the enemies, and everytime he died I could see the guy that killed him. While I was picking off enemies at a distance, he would protect me and take out anyone that got close. I was able to get roughly 1-3 long ranger medals every match or 2.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2053 posts

Mar 6, 2013
I get one or two with the Tau almost everytime I play Fort in Elimination, so it's safe to assume if you camped the spawn areas with the Dragon, it would be another good map.

Just be happy it's now 50m and not 70m, you can get Long Rangers on almost any map now (some are just harder), but when it was 70m it was insane, most maps were completely useless.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (308 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

I'm trying to get scoped in gold right now, and it's really hard to get 50+ meter shots on most maps. The only maps I can consistently get long rangers on are: London Underground, Yemen, Graveyard, and Old Quarter. Just four maps out of 23 or 24 (I forget the exact number). There just aren't any sniper lanes to get good shots in, unless you're really lucky. I don't mean to be a pill, but the distance should be shortened, just to 40 m.

Museum and Fort. Fort plus Christmas noobs equals scoped in gold in no time! :smileyvery-happy: F2P noobs might suffice...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I thought the OP didn't want to dumb down things for the drooling masses? Oh wait...

If I'm still able to get Long Rangers with the nerfed G-MAL (whenever I use it), then I don't understand why you cannot get them with a sniper.

50m is fine. Don't touch it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (292 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Oh, I want to upgrade it too. Please ND make it 5 m. I really can't bother to go for 50m. 

:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (276 Views)
Fender Bender
2851 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

70m was already a good distance, now it was dumbed down to 50, which is very easy, museum is the best map for it, but I don't want Naughty Dog to make it even more easy...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (267 Views)