Naughty Paw
11258 posts

Re: Not another Non-Constructive Thread

Jan 19, 2014
Here comes the next series of topic title changes.

How many changes this time, Blenner?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 101 of 127 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Jan 19, 2014
That's...possibly the most immature thing I've ever seen done on the PS forums.
Message 102 of 127 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3258 posts

Jan 19, 2014

The irony in all of this is that.

1 - This thread actually doesn't belong in this section lol.

2 - H e made this thread with the intention of us 'arguing' about Uncharted's genre so we could stop derailing the thread he actually derailed & now that we stuck to the topic he has a problem. 

Real Rich Blennerville.

Message 103 of 127 (324 Views)
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Re: Uncharted is an ACTION ADVENTURE GAME

Jan 19, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
So, according, to you, if you get perfect scores, you shouldn't try to improve on certain aspects?

Just have everything stay the same?

no, but the thing I've been hearing here (from both the Uncharted cover based shooter camp and the Uncharted action/adventure camp) is that the cover works bad, and what I wonder, if the thing - that is supposedly according to you - the most important aspect of the game, works bad, then why is this game received so well, let me spoil it for you:

Spoiler
because it is received as an action/adventure, not a shooter...

Message 104 of 127 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Jan 19, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

First thread I clicked on in this forums in months...not disappointed!

you chould check the 'what uncharted could learn from gears of war thread', start reading at page 5 or something Smiley Tongue

Message 105 of 127 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11258 posts

Jan 19, 2014
I have never said it worked bad.

I said it should be improved upon, like the next iteration of a series should.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 106 of 127 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Jan 19, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
I have never said it worked bad.

I said it should be improved upon, like the next iteration of a series should.

funny that something that according to you is a cover based shooter can't get the mechanics right after 3 games...

Message 107 of 127 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11258 posts

Jan 19, 2014
The cover is right. (What is "wrong" cover?)

Like I said, everything should be improved. Cover especially, since this a cover based game.

No such thing as perfection.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 108 of 127 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
12481 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2014

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I have called these Uncharted video games both action/adventure titles and third-person shooter titles. My label depends on who I’m talking to (and the video games that they would like recommended to them). I usually use the action/adventure label (if you must know). In my honest opinion, there are plenty of other video games that people can play if they are looking for shooter-oriented experiences (e.g., Dead Space and Starhawk). There is quite a bit of gunplay in these video games though and I don’t think anyone should dismiss this. In many cases, clearing out a room of enemies is exactly what we need to do in order to progress. Does Drake take out a sword in these situations? XD

Yes, most people who play the game clear out rooms by using guns, but there isn't much room clearing in the Uncharted games (especially 2 and 3) at all, that was my point, 12 out of 22 chapters don't have guns at all, and only 6 out of 12 have forced shoot-outs, and only 3 of those are basically shoot-out only, the rest of the game is platforming, puzzlesolving and chasing/fist-figthing or running from stuff, while shooters are just killing wave after wave of enemies, which I called 'room-clearing', that's my point Smiley Happy

It's a room clearing 3rd person cover based shooter, just admit it Smiley Wink

no, you must admit it, because finally the more smart people are coming in here (what took them so long) and are saying it's an action/adventure game, look at the 2 comments above yours, you are wrong, admit it Smiley Tongue

I’m starting to think that I need to apply more than one label to my video game reviews.

In any case, I didn’t say those Uncharted video games weren't third-person shooters. Labels can be subjective. Just take a look at those newer Resident Evil video games (or even those Dead Space ones). Some people call them survival horror video games when they really are just third-person shooters. If I reviewed Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space then I would call them third-person shooters. I don’t think people should get wrapped up in labels too much. Whether you tell people that a video game is an action/adventure title with third-person shooter elements or a third-person shooter with action/adventure elements doesn’t really matter. They will know what is in store for them.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 109 of 127 (286 Views)
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Jan 20, 2014

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I have called these Uncharted video games both action/adventure titles and third-person shooter titles. My label depends on who I’m talking to (and the video games that they would like recommended to them). I usually use the action/adventure label (if you must know). In my honest opinion, there are plenty of other video games that people can play if they are looking for shooter-oriented experiences (e.g., Dead Space and Starhawk). There is quite a bit of gunplay in these video games though and I don’t think anyone should dismiss this. In many cases, clearing out a room of enemies is exactly what we need to do in order to progress. Does Drake take out a sword in these situations? XD

Yes, most people who play the game clear out rooms by using guns, but there isn't much room clearing in the Uncharted games (especially 2 and 3) at all, that was my point, 12 out of 22 chapters don't have guns at all, and only 6 out of 12 have forced shoot-outs, and only 3 of those are basically shoot-out only, the rest of the game is platforming, puzzlesolving and chasing/fist-figthing or running from stuff, while shooters are just killing wave after wave of enemies, which I called 'room-clearing', that's my point Smiley Happy

It's a room clearing 3rd person cover based shooter, just admit it Smiley Wink

no, you must admit it, because finally the more smart people are coming in here (what took them so long) and are saying it's an action/adventure game, look at the 2 comments above yours, you are wrong, admit it Smiley Tongue

I’m starting to think that I need to apply more than one label to my video game reviews.

In any case, I didn’t say those Uncharted video games weren't third-person shooters. Labels can be subjective. Just take a look at those newer Resident Evil video games (or even those Dead Space ones). Some people call them survival horror video games when they really are just third-person shooters. If I reviewed Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space then I would call them third-person shooters. I don’t think people should get wrapped up in labels too much. Whether you tell people that a video game is an action/adventure title with third-person shooter elements or a third-person shooter with action/adventure elements doesn’t really matter. They will know what is in store for them.

I would say that dead space and resident evil are third person shooters, games like amnesia are survival horror games, it's just what matters the most, dead space is clearly a shooter in an survival/horror setting, and Uncharted is clearly an action/adventure with third person shooter mechanics Smiley Happy

and indeed it's not worth arguing over, but:

Spoiler
there's not much meaningfull Uncharted news lately and this place has to be kept alive somehow Smiley Tongue

Message 110 of 127 (248 Views)
0 Likes