Survivor
2200 posts

Re: ONE VS ONE?

Jan 15, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

Anyone up for a friendly exibition bout midnight eastern time? Rules are simple:

maps are:

london underground (no intro)

yemen

villiage

facility

pure skill based, no power weapons, power plays, or extra buddies in lobby telling them information.

i don't want a 1v1, i just have a question for custom matches: if you turn weapon pickups off, does that disable picking up ammo as well as picking up power weapons, say if it was a custom Dragon / Tau only match would you be able to pick up ammo off your opponent's dropped dragon after they died or would you have to die to get more ammo? 

yes it disables picking up anything, i turn if off to disable power weapons, i would leave them on if both agreed not to pick up power weapons and just ammo and grenades.

You know you could just turn off power weapons altogether.

i thought you used to be able to do that, but when i played a few custom matches recently (2-3 days ago) and i couldn't find the option to turn off power weapons, did they take it out? all i saw was weapon pickups and i didn't want people to run out of ammo so we all had to just agree not to pick up any power weapons, but there is always one person who doesn't listen...

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 15, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

Anyone up for a friendly exibition bout midnight eastern time? Rules are simple:

maps are:

yemen

villiage

facility

pure skill based, no power weapons, power plays, or extra buddies in lobby telling them information.

i don't want a 1v1, i just have a question for custom matches: if you turn weapon pickups off, does that disable picking up ammo as well as picking up power weapons, say if it was a custom Dragon / Tau only match would you be able to pick up ammo off your opponent's dropped dragon after they died or would you have to die to get more ammo? 

yes it disables picking up anything, i turn if off to disable power weapons, i would leave them on if both agreed not to pick up power weapons and just ammo and grenades.

i thought you used to be able to do that, but when i played a few custom matches recently (2-3 days ago) and i couldn't find the option to turn off power weapons, did they take it out? all i saw was weapon pickups and i didn't want people to run out of ammo so we all had to just agree not to pick up any power weapons, but there is always one person who doesn't listen...

ya they get desperate and pick up a power weapon and the other person quits, and then they go "i won you quit"

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2200 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

maps are:

yemen

villiage

facility

ya they get desperate and pick up a power weapon and the other person quits, and then they go "i won you quit"

no, when i play custom games, they're for fun, not a 1v1, more like 6-10 people in the lobby, either play 3TDM, free-for-all or TDM (mostly with LAB variants) bringing a power weapon that isn't suppose to be there kinda ruins the match

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 15, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

maps are:

yemen

villiage

facility

no, when i play custom games, they're for fun, not a 1v1, more like 6-10 people in the lobby, either play 3TDM, free-for-all or TDM (mostly with LAB variants) bringing a power weapon that isn't suppose to be there kinda ruins the match

i know a lot of people argue "the skill of a power weapon is in fighting for it" but a cloked user does not agree with that frame of mind as we avoid straight up fights and rather get a jump on someone.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2200 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

maps are:

yemen

villiage

facility

i know a lot of people argue "the skill of a power weapon is in fighting for it" but a cloked user does not agree with that frame of mind as we avoid straight up fights and rather get a jump on someone.

how about someone who neither uses cloaked nor power weapons?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 15, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

maps are:

yemen

villiage

facility

how about someone who neither uses cloaked nor power weapons?

cloaked is a booster just like fleetfoot or anything else. power weapons just furture give an advantage to the one who "won it" which is most of the time a fleetfooting rack O bones. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2200 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

cloaked is a booster just like fleetfoot or anything else. power weapons just furture give an advantage to the one who "won it" which is most of the time a fleetfooting rack O bones. :smileyfrustrated:

k, i don't use cloaked or fleet foot and i try to avoid picking up power weapons, i don't play this game like most people do and that includes staying away from the m9

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 15, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

k, i don't use cloaked or fleet foot and i try to avoid picking up power weapons, i don't play this game like most people do and that includes staying away from the m9

cool? i don't use rate of fire m9 or anything, i normally roll with pirate AK and marlows para 9. rate of fire isn't that great, thing ruins long range accuracy.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

I'd like to give you another go, As long as you aim. :smileyhappy:

What is this aiming in Uncharted 3 you speak of?

Its a game mechanic that many skilled players still utilize although the "Aim" function is being used by less players everyday.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9880 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

I'd like to give you another go, As long as you aim. :smileyhappy:

What is this aiming in Uncharted 3 you speak of?

Its a game mechanic that many skilled players still utilize although the "Aim" function is being used by less players everyday.

A game mechanic that was taught in story mode, in the multiplayer tips and even in co-op, but never followed because screw skill.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (122 Views)
0 Likes