Apr 04 2013
By: munnsy1 Fender Bender 3872 posts

Off topic/hacking

14 replies 417 views Edited Apr 4, 2013

I recently found out one of my second accounts was hacked, although I have changed the password I am wondering if there is anyway for it to be hacked again?

I know my password was a good one, and nothing Uncharted related so I don't know how it was guessed.

I post this in this forum as it is the only forum (on the PS site) that I am known, also because it was hacked bu UC community members.

Message 1 of 15 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Off topic/hacking

Apr 4, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

I recently found out one of my second accounts was hacked, although I have changed the password I am wondering if there is anyway for it to be hacked again?

I know my password was a good one, and nothing Uncharted related so I don't know how it was guessed.

I post this in this forum as it is the only forum (on the PS site) that I am known, also because it was hacked bu UC community members.

Are you sure that it's a UC community member?

Also is it something people know you'd type? They could just guess it out and get into your account by trial and error.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 15 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 4, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Are you sure that it's a UC community member? Yes, someone who had my details told me, and said they got them from someone else.

Also is it something people know you'd type? They could just guess it out and get into your account by trial and error. No, it is non game related. (or is it).

I have a vauge idea of who it might be, do you know Sony's policy on this?

Message 3 of 15 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Are you sure that it's a UC community member? Yes, someone who had my details told me, and said they got them from someone else.

Also is it something people know you'd type? They could just guess it out and get into your account by trial and error. No, it is non game related. (or is it).

I couldn't read red on black, so I just read in reply mode.

Anyway, I think Sony can actually ban people who try to access other people's accounts without their permission.

EDIT: But you need evidence.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 15 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 5, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Anyway, I think Sony can actually ban people who try to access other people's accounts without their permission.

I need evidence or could I provide PSN's for them to IP trace?

Message 5 of 15 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 5, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

I need evidence or could I provide PSN's for them to IP trace?

Well... both I guess. That's how I do my reporting. Evidence + alleged wrongdoer's ID.

Message 6 of 15 (370 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Someone actually hacked into your account? People are suck evil creatures..
Message 7 of 15 (356 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Apr 5, 2013
*such
Message 8 of 15 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 5, 2013

tln_SWE wrote:

The chance of someone guessing your "good" password is very slim. The only way he could've cracked your password is if he had access to the database with hashed passwords and used a password cracker, but I really don't think that is the case either. It's most likely someone you know who might even have access to your computer or other accounts.

Well I know the person who had the account, and he claims he got the password off someone else.

Anyway I have contacted Sony and should recieve a reply within 24 hours 10 hours ago.

Message 9 of 15 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Apr 5, 2013

It really depends if Sony would do anything at all.

If you had previously gameshared, then one may say that you gave your details away and brought it on yourself. If it's a legitimate case and you never gave any details to anyone I'm sure they can get to the route of that problem. I'm sure they would too after the security breach a while back.

Message 10 of 15 (259 Views)
0 Likes