Sackboy
381 posts

Re: Off topic/hacking

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Munnsy, what are you trying to achieve with contacting Sony?

And the only time you would require Sony for when you are hacked is if you are one of those kids who give out a random date of birth to make them 18+ and then just forget it....

As long as you know the date of birth used for your account, and the hacker only knew the login info and changed the password, you would still be able to get into your account....

And if that isn't the case, well, lets assume you aren't that big of a fool.

i am an expert with this stuff, trust me..

Message 11 of 15 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 5, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

Munnsy, what are you trying to achieve with contacting Sony? That I can find the person who gave the details away.

And the only time you would require Sony for when you are hacked is if you are one of those kids who give out a random date of birth to make them 18+ and then just forget it....  I know the DOB.

As long as you know the date of birth used for your account, and the hacker only knew the login info and changed the password, you would still be able to get into your account.... They didn't change anything, but they gameshared from it.

And if that isn't the case, well, lets assume you aren't that big of a fool. I gave the details to a couple of people as it is a second account, I just want to find out who gave the details away out of those people, if Sony can do that, it would be great.

i am an expert with this stuff, trust me.. Ok..

Message 12 of 15 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

It really depends if Sony would do anything at all.

If you had previously gameshared, then one may say that you gave your details away and brought it on yourself. If it's a legitimate case and you never gave any details to anyone I'm sure they can get to the route of that problem. I'm sure they would too after the security breach a while back.

I gave them away to a 3 PSN friends and 1 real life friend. Assuming it is not the real life friend, that leaves the 3 that I gave it to. I just want to find out who gave this person the info etc..

Message 13 of 15 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 5, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

If you had previously gameshared, then one may say that you gave your details away and brought it on yourself. If it's a legitimate case and you never gave any details to anyone I'm sure they can get to the route of that problem. I'm sure they would too after the security breach a while back.

I gave them away to a 3 PSN friends and 1 real life friend. Assuming it is not the real life friend, that leaves the 3 that I gave it to. I just want to find out who gave this person the info etc..

I realise that maybe impossible to find out from Sony but it's worth a shot.

Message 14 of 15 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Apr 5, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I realise that maybe impossible to find out from Sony but it's worth a shot.

Honestly I fully believe Sony would know at the very least the last Console that accessed the account.

But they may just say. You gameshared, your problem, suck it up. Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 15 (203 Views)
0 Likes