Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 12 2012
By: The_Blablob Wastelander 597 posts

Offensive Kickbacks - Here's how to fix them

[ Edited ]
26 replies 391 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

How many gunfights have you illegitimately lost because the enemy spawned an RPG and blasted you away? Too many to count? 

Here's my proposal: Instead of automatically spawning an RPG at the click of a button, let the Kickback act as a trigger that lets your next kill drop the weapon. It would act like a treasure drop; only you would be able to see it and pick it up, but it only sticks around for a limited time. 

This would keep players from insta-spawning weapons in order to get the upper hand in a 1-on-1.

But let's face it; no amount of tweaking can make an RPG kill any cheaper. This would, however, keep players from saving their Kickbacks until the "perfect moment" and force them to be a little more clever when they activate their Kickbacks.

Also, this wouldn't affect defensive-style Kickbacks like Speedy G and Smoke Bomb, only weapon-spawners like RPG, T-Bolt and the grenade Kickbacks. Transform-type Kickbacks like Juggernaut and Creepy Crawler would also be unaffected.

This was a small idea I had and I thought I'd share it with y'all. What do you think about it, and if you feel it's too late into the game's life cycle for any major changes, would you want to see something like this for Uncharted 4? Is it a terrible idea? Let me know!

I am the one who knocks.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (391 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

Re: Offensive Kickbacks - Here's how to fix them

Nov 12, 2012
The game is already over a year old and there are more important things that should be addressed for example they should add a region toggle and nerf blindfire. Besides, I quite like spawning an RPG at the perfect moment to get a kill or two :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Nonsense!

The idea of kickbacks is to give you and advantage over your enemy! You should wait for the perfect moment otherwise you're just wasting the kicback for no reason!

When I saw this thread I thought you would give good and reasonable ideas like removing the throwback possibility for mega bombs/cluster bombs/ carpet bombs....and not this! There's no problem with the RPG! 

I'm sorry but you have to deal with it!

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (348 Views)
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 12, 2012
While I hate losing gunfights to crap like Quick Boom and RPG, I don't think having them drop off players is a good way to even them out.

We'd see a lot of complaining by people who got their PW to drop but couldn't get it
because they died/item dropped in
unobtainable spot/etc.

Issues aside, I think the best way to balance out offensive kickbacks is to keep medals gained using said kickback from counting for your next one. With this, you could still get the cash and medal stats from that Connect Four you got off your RPG kickback, but you
wouldn't get fuel for your next one. Players won't be getting T-Bolt after T-Bolt so easily this way.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (331 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10015 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I actually thought activating your kickback in "the perfect moment" is the best way. If you use it in, say, an empty area as you look for someone, chances are you die before you use it, which is stupid of you.

Your idea seems flawed since for example, you just killed someone, you go in for the RPG, then you get shot in the back. Or the RPG disappears because you were sniping (common).
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I'm with the op, frickin hate losing a gunfight I've all but won only for that person to pull an rpg from their arse and blow you away, I think his solution is overly complicated though, I reckon that you should automatically activate your kb as soon as you get the medals but you don't actually receive it until you respawn after dying. I haven't really thought this through so feel free to point out the massive flaws that I'm sure exist with this idea.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

Nov 12, 2012

lucascampanha wrote:

Nonsense!

The idea of kickbacks is to give you and advantage over your enemy! You should wait for the perfect moment otherwise you're just wasting the kicback for no reason!

When I saw this thread I thought you would give good and reasonable ideas like removing the throwback possibility for mega bombs/cluster bombs/ carpet bombs....and not this! There's no problem with the RPG! 

I'm sorry but you have to deal with it!

I do deal with it, and I don't expect ND to change anything, but I don't see the harm in making suggestions to improve the game. :smileyhappy:

I am the one who knocks.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

Nov 12, 2012

* kill a guy from far away *

* run over to pick up RPG *

* enemy picks up RPG *

* die then rage *

0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Slaynman wrote:

* kill a guy from far away *

* run over to pick up RPG *

* enemy picks up RPG *

* die then rage *

"It would act like a treasure drop; only you would be able to see it and pick it up, but it only sticks around for a limited time."

I am the one who knocks.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (268 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Nov 12, 2012
No. Then everyone would stop helping their teammates and run for the RPG just like they already do with the treasures.

If anything, we need to boost defensive kickbacks.
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (260 Views)
0 Likes