Re: Offensive Kickbacks - Here's how to fix them

Nov 12, 2012

What I would do is all lower power weapon ammo to say 

T-BOLT 2 shots.

Hammer 3 shots.

SAS 3 shots.

Mag 5 shots.

RPG 1 shot.

And so on but this would never happen because the uncharted community loves easy kills they want more ammo power weapons win 70% of games in uncharted 3 in most maps there's just so many. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Nov 12, 2012

How about NO offensive kickbacks? Just putting it out there -_-.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Agent-Tojed wrote:

How about NO offensive kickbacks? Just putting it out there -_-.

It's too late in the game's life cycle to remove anything, but I agree for future games, the Kickback system needs some major changes.

I am the one who knocks.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9824 posts

Nov 12, 2012
>Activated kickback
>"The Long Ranger"
>Rushes to RPG
>Gone, duh. You shot him across the map, what did you expect

Worse would be
> teammates getting pummeled by the enemy team on the far sude of the map
> shoots the enemy that just spawned pretty near you
> "screw you guys, RPG > teammates"
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 12, 2012

This is an interesting way to alter offensive KBs. Really, any change to them in an attempt to balance them would be welcome. It's never too late- Revenge finally got Team Safe'd in 1.15, so anything's possible. :smileywink:

Alternatively, ND could nerf Bargain by making 3-medal-pickups only worth 1 medal when having it equipped. I think this would cut down on the KB spamming most games of competitive turn into, but some people may think this is overkill. Whatever happens, I hope ND seriously changes KBs in UC4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 12, 2012

The_Blablob wrote:

It would act like a treasure drop; only you would be able to see it and pick it up, but it only sticks around for a limited time.

Good idea, but they need to fix treasure drops falling in inaccessible areas (i.e. Highrise, City of Brass).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (95 Views)
Survivor
2013 posts

Nov 13, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

The_Blablob wrote:

It would act like a treasure drop; only you would be able to see it and pick it up, but it only sticks around for a limited time.

Good idea, but they need to fix treasure drops falling in inaccessible areas (i.e. Highrise, City of Brass).

I agree though, any idea that curbs ridiculous spawning of power weapons deserves some thought.

I also like the idea of not having Medals count for Kickbacks. I.e, the medals you get while abusing your quick boom would not count torwards your next kickback.

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5367 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I would say just make defensive kickbacks worth it, and you wouldn't have everyone relying on offensive kickbacks so much.

Have juggernaut heal you, have smoke bomb actually work, have speedy G affect not just strafing but also climbing rolling reloading and heavy object speed(that would make it really worth it imo), have creepy crawler not suck balls or at least decrease medal count, have cursed idol count enemy teamkills as your own kills.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9824 posts

Nov 13, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

I would say just make defensive kickbacks worth it, and you wouldn't have everyone relying on offensive kickbacks so much.

Have juggernaut heal you, have smoke bomb actually work, have speedy G affect not just strafing but also climbing rolling reloading and heavy object speed(that would make it really worth it imo), have creepy crawler not suck balls or at least decrease medal count, have cursed idol count enemy teamkills as your own kills.

This makes sense. Fact is, offensive kickbacks do a lot more for the player than the defensive ones. Hence me using T-Bolt + Bargain so technically I have infini-T-Bolt.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

There could be some technical limitations with your proposal, but I like the idea. How about you get you kickback either right when you get enough medals, or the next time you respawn? It could be one or the other, or they could give you like 5 seconds to activate it, and if you don't then you get it when you respawn.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (61 Views)
0 Likes