Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 25 2013
By: far-zan Gaming Beast 1892 posts

Offensive Kickbacks were a Terrible Idea

35 replies 374 views Edited Mar 25, 2013

IMO the implementation of offensive kickbacks in UC3 was a terrible idea. It annoys me a lot that someone can spawn a Rocket Launcher, or an insta-detonating grenade as soon as they get into a dangerous situation. It allows the other team to get kills that they didn't really deserve and it just serves to help stronger parties noob-stomp even harder. 

I'm not against kickbacks in general I think Smokebomb, Juggernaut, Speedy G are creating kickback ideas, but I hope that if ND makes another game they remove offensive kickbacks such as the Hammer, Quickboom or put a limit on how often you can use it per match.  

Message 1 of 36 (374 Views)
Survivor
2156 posts

Re: Offensive Kickbacks were a Terrible Idea

Mar 25, 2013
Message 2 of 36 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6084 posts

Mar 25, 2013

they are a good idea, its just the PW kickbacks + Quickboom that are the problem. Offensive kickbacks like militia man, creepy crawler, hell even explosives are a good idea.

photo Sniper.png
Message 3 of 36 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2156 posts

Mar 25, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

they are a good idea, its just the PW kickbacks + Quickboom that are the problem. Offensive kickbacks like militia man, creepy crawler, hell even explosives are a good idea.

Thats a good point. But, when is the last time youve seen someone use any of those kickbacks? They are excedingly rare. That just goes to show the poor implementation of KBs in this game.

Im not willing to take the good with the bad. To me 0 offensive kickbacks is better than a couple "tolerable ones." I dont trust ND on that slippery slope, is all.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 4 of 36 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Weapon kickbacks + quickboom are so boring I don't know why anyone would want to use them, my favorites are creepy crawly, and cursed idol, things that seem mystical.
Message 5 of 36 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6084 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Yea I haven't seen those because of the PW kickbacks and Quickboom... They don't use those offensive kickbacks because there are others that are just better.

My problem isn't offensive kickbacks, the problem is spawning a PW in your hands in maps that don't even have that weapon or whatever.

The solution isn't get rid of everything because some are unbalanced... the solution is to get rid of the obviously better ones and bring balance to all the others with improvements. I mean it's good to say that most defensive kickbacks are actually decent already. Some of the lesser offensive kickbacks are actually great and balanced. It is just the weapon kickbacks that are the problem in my eyes.

Think about it on a scale from 1-10 on usefulness, we have plenty of kickbacks that are 4-6 in usefulness which is great, but with the few we have that are 9-10 obviously people both noobs and pros will go for those, hell I even use RPG simply to snuff out people who use t-bolts QBs and sawn-offs, etc.

In other words, because there are bad seeds, don't destroy everything, just take out the bad seeds...probably won't be for this game but maybe UC4 you never know.

photo Sniper.png
Message 6 of 36 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3571 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Speedy G. That's what everyone should use. :smileywink:

Message 7 of 36 (301 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 25, 2013

To be honest, I haven't seen anyone use quickboom in about 5 months. :smileyindifferent:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 8 of 36 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1892 posts

Mar 25, 2013
I get killed by it every match its ridiculous
Message 9 of 36 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 25, 2013

far-zan wrote:
I get killed by it every match its ridiculous

Maybe its just cause I mainly play Objectives but I rarely ever see quickboom now, almost as much as cursed Idol.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 10 of 36 (260 Views)
0 Likes