Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Re: Offensive Kickbacks were a Terrible Idea

Mar 25, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

far-zan wrote:
I get killed by it every match its ridiculous

Maybe its just cause I mainly play Objectives but I rarely ever see quickboom now, almost as much as cursed Idol.

TO is probably the only mode it doesn't run rampant, especially after the medal update since you're lucky to get even 1 kickback in a single game. Although I see it in plunder plenty of times still and in all other modes its still pretty common.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 36 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Mar 25, 2013
No one here can say that they've never used an offensive kickback in a bad situation. Every one has used an offensive kickback at some point. I think that they shouldn't be removed, but that a kickback such as "Sniper" shouldn't have five one-hit kill shots in it.
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 36 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 25, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
No one here can say that they've never used an offensive kickback in a bad situation. Every one has used an offensive kickback at some point. I think that they shouldn't be removed, but that a kickback such as "Sniper" shouldn't have five one-hit kill shots in it.

I use offensive kickbacks all the time, it suits my playstyle. But if you earn the T-Bolt kickback you need to be pretty good to get all 5 shots off. When I use it I usually only get off 3.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 36 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Mar 25, 2013
I also use offensive, but some of the "gods" can pull of all three. If you have the RPG you'd be SUPER lucky to kill three with one RPG kickback.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 36 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Mar 25, 2013
*pull of all five shots. Not three. Sorry
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 36 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Mar 25, 2013

It's still pretty crazy. There are people who can last off of Power Weapons an entire match because of the ones in the map + kickback ones. And with a kickback like sniper, it is possible to get another 1 or close to it with just that weapon especially with people using stuff like bargain. An extreme case would be the sawn-off pre-nerf. Not to mention a booster boosting the effectiveness of RPG and hammer time, that is in slot 1 so it can be stacked with bargain to give you a 2-shot rpg every 7 medals or a 6-shot hammer every 9 + ones that may be in maps.

You want a sniper kickback? They have gotcha! which if buffed a bit can be a great alternative to sniping rather than plopping a 1-hit kill in your hands, seems much more balanced to me.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 36 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11094 posts

Mar 25, 2013

QB is OP. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 36 (142 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Mar 25, 2013

QB should literally be what its called. In other words it should blow up the instant the pin is pulled off the grenade, as in blow up in the persons hand and kill themselves the very instant they press L2.

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 36 (140 Views)
Sackboy
541 posts

Mar 25, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

QB should literally be what its called. In other words it should blow up the instant the pin is pulled off the grenade, as in blow up in the persons hand and kill themselves the very instant they press L2.

Agreed. Quick Boom is incredibly annoying.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 36 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 25, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I also use offensive, but some of the "gods" can pull of all three. If you have the RPG you'd be SUPER lucky to kill three with one RPG kickback.

Agreed there are some really good or as some people see them "tryhards" that can pull of 5 kills with the T-bolt but even then, I would much rather have a guy that runs around with nothing but a T-Bolt than a guy that runs around QB or a hammer.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 36 (132 Views)
0 Likes