Nov 02 2012
By: neverbelow Treasure Hunter 6514 posts

Oh the memories...

[ Edited ]
29 replies 422 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

Oh hey I remember this familiar scene. I used to play this game and try to get it changed for the better. I see that after 1.15 that the main issues that drove me away (beyond my own personal decisions to change habits) are still here. That's sad.

It really is the best competitive multiplayer on the market with the most unique gameplay and additions. They really knocked it out of the park with so many things in this game that it's hard for me to understand why they still can't fix the seemingly minor grievances. They even had fantastic ideas that weren't quite pulled off right or are a little ahead of the technology. I like the forward thinking NaughtyDog has always shown.

I've decided I'll make a list of the things that I personally enjoy, things that I thought are great ideas but didn't quite work out for whatever reason, and the things that disgust me like a fly in a soup from an upscale restaurant. I'd love for everyone to add their thoughts/lists/opinions to this thread. This is really a tribute thread but also with the hope that they can get it perfect at some point in the future.

What I Love About Uncharted Multiplayer:

- I love taunts! Without a doubt one of their most ingenious additions to the multiplayer. Every game should have these.

- I love maps with multiple routes. Climbing, flanking, taking the low road, and strategy FTW!

- I love that there are multiple ways to play. I really love any update when the most skilled ways were most rewarded and hope future updates move that direction.

- I loved being able to play with friends. Mainly cause I hate 90% of randoms. In U2 I solo'd 99% of the time but I really enjoy being able to count on at least one other teammate to be competent. Plus I've actually made legit friends playing this game and I really liked playing and kicking it with them.

- I love the grenade mechanics! (Besides throwbacks, throwbacks are just a little too easy and the radius is too big)

- I love both U3's and U2's core aiming system/reticules! Way better than other 3rd person systems. One caveat, U2's aim assist system is far better than U3's. The sniper doesn't feel natural. Sometimes the guns (all of them) miss like crazy and sometimes they feel locked on.

- I love the different flavor each character has and their voice acting! Sometimes they say a little too much but I love their personality.

- I love the 5 on 5! It could be 6 on 6 for larger maps but that might make it crowded.

- I love stealth! Period.

- I love that it's a game of strategy! Some patches more than others...

- I love the map variety! Some I love and some I dislike but they all have their own flavor.

- I love the different gametypes! I just prefer a few over others.

- I love maps that promote movement and aggression over areas and penalize camping!

- I love that teamwork wins games!

- I love that muted people no longer can hear your mic!

- I love the interactive sequences that change the dynamic of the map in a fair way! See: Truck in London Streets, Tank on U2 Village, Dust Storm on Desert Village...)

- I love the variety of weapons! Look, sound, feel. Just hope for balance...

- I love pistols being useful but not the first option

- I love the ability to dodge gunfire but it's balanced enough to give the attacker the advantage!

- I love the cover system! The sniper's ability to get headshots if the person in cover doesn't move back forth is fantastic.

- I love the sprint addition! Change of pace is a must. Kinda wish the duration was slightly less but that's nitpicking.

- I love the co-op! It's can get repetitive but fun for a while. Wish there was a pure survival mode in U3. Co-op Campaign is just great.

- Swimming on Graveyard. Graveyard in general.

- Map graphics!

- Classic mode (Thanks FredFai)

- Cinema (thanks shadowlibraboy)

- Block Mesh Labs (thanks self)

That's enough. I'll move on.

What I Like But Felt Didn't Quite Work Out For One Reason or Another:

- Intro sequences. Ahead of the technology but could be good for a game in the future. It's just too limited right now to make work.

- Split-screen. There are lots of issues with this one. I like bringing more players to Uncharted but it hurts the gameplay. Split-screeners can be ultra laggy, ultra crappy, or just disadvantaged. The view on it is poor even with a large TV. It also doesn't quite work in a 5v5 scenario.

- Melee-roll. It sometimes works like it should and other times lag makes it broken. Still like it. Love options.

- Gun balance. I like it and it has come a long way. But it's just not right yet.

- G-mal nerf. They nearly nailed this one. Stopping power and aim assist worked. Adding recoil nerf on top of those didn't work.

- M9 blindfire nerf. I like the intent but it didn't address the overall problem.

- Throwback grenades. I like the option but it is just a little too easy to pull off.

- Rolling/cover in general. They work really well most of the time but feel a hair sluggish.

- Shooting from the side of cover. Nice thought but it usually just doesn't quite work well. Love the option, though.

- Noise when a grenade is near you. Nice thought but it gives away position way too easy.

- Movement noise. I like some movement noise for characters without cloaked but sometimes it's overkill.

- Kickbacks. They can be fun and even include some strategy. I just wish they were harder to get overall or there was a limit to the number of kickbacks you could obtain in a round.

- Stat hats. I really just think they should be hats without stats.

- Buddy spawn. I like buddy spawns when it works like it should. It's annoying when someone buddy spawns onto an enemy you're having a gunfight with.

Things About Uncharted I HATE:

- Blindfire's effectiveness. Come on. Fix this. It's so lame.

- Lag in general. I realize this is technological limitation for the a worldwide multiplayer. I enjoy playing with and interacting with people outside of my country, though.

- Quitting. Nuff said.

- Wins/Losses counting in late join.

- PS3 Freezes. I can't count how many times U3 has done this to me.

- U2 style corner shooting (through corners, not using cover effectively). The Dragon says hello.

- Glitching. Glad this has been addressed in many ways.

- M9 RoF

- Kal RoF

- Micro RoF

- Old G-mal Accuracy (aka: aim-bot mod)

- Downgraded character graphics. I think it was done for split-screen. I understand why but I don't like it.

- Aiming while hanging responsiveness in U3. I think they changed this to fix glitch methods.

- Certain spawns (London Underground says hello)

- Certain Power Weapons spawns (see above)

- Power Plays. I hate them. All of them. I've just decided they all suck. Some suck more than others but they all suck.

- Revenge (once again, thanks FredFai)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Please add your comments/opinions.

Message 1 of 30 (422 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Re: Oh the memories...

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

Really liked everything you said, and agreed on just about every single point.

Too bad that I also agree that there are still so many issues :/

Message 2 of 30 (400 Views)
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

I can agree on most of this. Through my diatribes you might not think that but it is true. There is a lot to like here but that one large and nasty layer of awful still exists and still drives me to simply not like this game in the end. Hard to say after all this time but true. I really wanted to love Uncharted multi again and really thought things were going to be good after Summer Beta....

Damage radius on nades is too big imo by about 10 to 15% and the running in this game IDK never cared for that speed in this game. Along with my other problems those are the biggest. Some of these maps are really good and some of them are just awful beyond belief. Don't really know what to say there. The DLC ones are mostly awesome and look **bleep** pretty for what is ancient hardware. These guys have clearly mastered the PS3 despite its massively awful GPU.

Message 3 of 30 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

I agree with almost everything, but I do believe that powerplays can and should be fixed instead of removed. I hate playing in completely unbalanced matches more than I hate powerplays, but I do agree they're too powerful at the moment.

Message 4 of 30 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4363 posts

Nov 2, 2012
How could you forgot about Classic mode?
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 5 of 30 (348 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Nice list, but I disagree with your view on splitscreen.

The addition of splitscreen was a great idea, one of my facilities improvements over U2.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 6 of 30 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

I agree with almost everything, but I do believe that powerplays can and should be fixed instead of removed. I hate playing in completely unbalanced matches more than I hate powerplays, but I do agree they're too powerful at the moment.

If they find a way to balance them or just make them better in general, I'd be all for that. I've given up on that happening.

Message 7 of 30 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Nov 2, 2012
*favourite

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 8 of 30 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Nov 2, 2012

It's not happening. They are pretty much done with this game.

Message 9 of 30 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Nov 2, 2012

FredFai wrote:
How could you forgot about Classic mode?

My bad! I acutally haven't played Classic mode. I broke my copy of U3. It seems like a fantastic addition.

Message 10 of 30 (337 Views)