Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9995 posts

Re: Okay seriously the blindfire needs a range and auto aim nerf.

Oct 26, 2012
Easy, silver- you have to have a lot of friends who play UC3 and also uses the forums. That way, you pretty much have "back-up" or "insurance" in here, so to speak.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 86 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
399 posts

Oct 26, 2012

To you folks arguing about the popularity whatever topic, take it elsewhere , this is about the stupid blindfire. I never wanted to be known, its super annoying. I just want to play.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 86 (224 Views)
Survivor
2195 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Dai-A667 wrote:

To you folks arguing about the popularity whatever topic, take it elsewhere , this is about the stupid blindfire. I never wanted to be known, its super annoying. I just want to play.

Does anyone actually think they will adjust blindfire? I mean it has been almost a year since this game came out. I am a little bit doubtful we will see any adjustment this late in the game.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 86 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3855 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Yes, blindfire needs a nerf. But only a SMALL one.

It is so annoying reading posts saying "waah, there's no auto lock on in other games - remove it from Uncharted, waahh!!", because you know what? THIS IS UNCHARTED.

Stop trying to take away things that make this game different from all the other dross out there. The more you do that, the more 2 dimensional, flat, limited the game will become.

Yes, to a small nerf, no to a massive one. Even slowing players who are blindfiring down by 25% would do it imo.
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 86 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:
Yes, blindfire needs a nerf. But only a SMALL one.

It is so annoying reading posts saying "waah, there's no auto lock on in other games - remove it from Uncharted, waahh!!", because you know what? THIS IS UNCHARTED.

Stop trying to take away things that make this game different from all the other dross out there. The more you do that, the more 2 dimensional, flat, limited the game will become.

Yes, to a small nerf, no to a massive one. Even slowing players who are blindfiring down by 25% would do it imo.

You're right, auto-lock blindfire really differentiates Uncharted from the rest. IN A BAD WAY.

Bullets shouldn't go to the target if the blindfire reticle at least is not targeting them. Jumping off a building just after another player keeping R1 pressed so you get the kill effortlessly is beyond pathetic, so is that when you get a first blindfire shot the rest of bullets will go to the target as long as you keep R1 down, no matter if the player moves away / your reticle aims to the sky.

2 dimensional and flat you say? Well at least that's better than the ONE dimensional mess we have now where sprint+blindfire is the only viable way to do good unless you camp.

Is it really that hard to make it so you don't hit the target if the reticle is not on him? I mean, they have the **bleep** (  ) reticle, why do they bother making that if there's no point on aligning it with the player so you can hit him.

Seriously, blindfire mechanic in this game is THE WORST any game has ever had.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 86 (177 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

Oct 26, 2012

NeVeO wrote:

You're right, auto-lock blindfire really differentiates Uncharted from the rest. IN A BAD WAY.

Bullets shouldn't go to the target if the blindfire reticle at least is not targeting them. Jumping off a building just after another player keeping R1 pressed so you get the kill effortlessly is beyond pathetic, so is that when you get a first blindfire shot the rest of bullets will go to the target as long as you keep R1 down, no matter if the player moves away / your reticle aims to the sky.

2 dimensional and flat you say? Well at least that's better than the ONE dimensional mess we have now where sprint+blindfire is the only viable way to do good unless you camp.

Is it really that hard to make it so you don't hit the target if the reticle is not on him? I mean, they have the **bleep** (  ) reticle, why do they bother making that if there's no point on aligning it with the player so you can hit him.

Seriously, blindfire mechanic in this game is THE WORST any game has ever had.

Was going to type essentially the same thing haha. +1

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 86 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Here's the thing with this topic. It's not that ND isn't listening or taking us seriously. They have clearly said that they want to accomodate noobs and allow them the ability to kill people. Blindfire is the primary mechanic that accomplishes that goal, followed closely by high damage (2HK) melee. I don't think there will be any further nerfs.

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 86 (164 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Oct 26, 2012

holicow wrote:

Here's the thing with this topic. It's not that ND isn't listening or taking us seriously. They have clearly said that they want to accomodate noobs and allow them the ability to kill people. Blindfire is the primary mechanic that accomplishes that goal, followed closely by high damage (2HK) melee. I don't think there will be any further nerfs.

I think that if ND remains so painfully adamant about keeping blindfire mechanics the same, we could try to convince them of nerfing melee to a 3-hit kill. This would somewhat weaken the ol' Iron Fist technique, and although hipfire would still have an absurd lock-on, it'd be better than nothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 86 (135 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Oct 27, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

The one problem I have with this thread is... in 2 hours it's gotten 14 kudos. People if all you do is only like ideas when they're from certain people, than no wonder ND won't take us ****ing seriously.

Plenty of blindfire threads have been made in the past providing really good analysis and reasoning, and yet have gotten way less kudos over a much longer period of time. Gee I wonder why blindfire is still super ****ing powerful.

I am detecting a little bit of jealousy in this post, judging from the fact that you didn't even talk about agreeing with the OP and it was mainly accusing Dai of only getting so many kudos because he's Dai.

Just a little bit of jealousy.

Also, isn't it a little hypocritical to say this yet very rarely kudo threads supporting quality threads with good ideas? The only one I've noticed you kudo was my thread about blindfire lock-on and aim assist. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the people posting the threads, though.

Lol, you say all that, but I guess you missed the part where I kudoed this thread.

As for agreeing, when I said: "the one problem I have with this thread" and then it my problem had nothing to do with the content, it implies agreement with the content. My personal feelings for a person don't factor into why I agree with something, and I don't kudo much in general because I forget to kudo in the first place. My observation was that people will inconsistently kudo the same topics. Blindfire has been an issue for a long time and yet a year later a blindfire thread finally gets a bunch of kudos quickly. If pointless to deny that certain people are favored in this community, or any community. It goes without saying. That doesn't mean we should fall victim to it though and only try to fix things when it's time to jump on the bandwagon.

Did I say you didn't support this thread? Did I say the only quality thread you supported was mine? Look at my post again. Read it carefully.

The answer to both questions is, "no". SKIN, I think that secretly, your blood boils when you read my replies to you because though you're not outright raging in your posts, you definitely reply in haste and you don't actually read into what my post means. Either that or you really need to work on your reading comprehension skills, because you are misinterpreting nearly everything I write.

So fine. I've seen you kudo two quality threads now. But most of the time when forumers like tapantaola post great ideas that would benefit U3's multiplayer I never see you give those ideas any sort of support. Before you reply without even understanding what I'm saying, remember the keyword here: "most of the time".

"Did I say you didn't support this thread?" Yes you did when you said: "judging from the fact that you didn't even talk about agreeing with the OP."

And thanks mister therapist. I'm so lucky to have you around so you can explain to me and everyone else my hidden motives behind everything I do. And here I was thinking I was just a regular forumer like everyone else, but I guess I'm just spiteful, jealous, hypocritical person. :smileyhappy:

Me simply noting you didn't talk about agreeing with the OP in your reply =/= not supporting the thread. Try again.

Ever read Hamlet?

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 86 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I'm more partial to Dante.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 86 (91 Views)
0 Likes