Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Re: Okay so don't know how to put this.

Jan 16, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Well I cant really remember the summer beta, but I do remember the sub way one.

Subway beta, was regionalized.................... how? They gave the codes out in one country.

The Summer beta was the pinnacle of UC3 MP. Just like 1.04 was the holy grail of UC2 MP.

The Subway beta wasn't regionalized, because you could easily gameshare a US account, so yeah, it also had non-US players...

Anyway, my point was that in the Summer beta (available worldwide through PS+) I always saw 4-5 bar players! I swear, I never saw any MEX/BRA/KSA players. NOT EVEN ONCE!

So, how is that possible???

I'm hoping that UC3 F2P might actually make this game resemble the Summer beta more... at least lag-wise. Gameplay-wise it will never be the same, but I'll settle for less lag. Smiley Happy

Is F2P certainly happening?

Plus we still have level based matchmaking don't we?, if you want less lag you'd have to make a new account or download the F2P version. haha.

I rarely see players that aren't near my level and they all have an awesome 0-2 bars connection. maybe one in every 30ish games I'll see a mix of players who actually have 3 to 5 bars.

It's still pretty much level based for me anyway, and I still get to see people mystically teleport, freeze, fly around the maps while i just stroll along awaiting my deaths knowing there is nothing I could do even if I wanted to mount an attack.

Message 281 of 394 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Well I cant really remember the summer beta, but I do remember the sub way one.

Subway beta, was regionalized.................... how? They gave the codes out in one country.

The Summer beta was the pinnacle of UC3 MP. Just like 1.04 was the holy grail of UC2 MP.

The Subway beta wasn't regionalized, because you could easily gameshare a US account, so yeah, it also had non-US players...

Anyway, my point was that in the Summer beta (available worldwide through PS+) I always saw 4-5 bar players! I swear, I never saw any MEX/BRA/KSA players. NOT EVEN ONCE!

So, how is that possible???

I'm hoping that UC3 F2P might actually make this game resemble the Summer beta more... at least lag-wise. Gameplay-wise it will never be the same, but I'll settle for less lag. Smiley Happy

Is F2P certainly happening?

Plus we still have level based matchmaking don't we?, if you want less lag you'd have to make a new account or download the F2P version. haha.

I rarely see players that aren't near my level and they all have an awesome 0-2 bars connection. maybe one in every 30ish games I'll see a mix of players who actually have 3 to 5 bars.

It's still pretty much level based for me anyway, and I still get to see people mystically teleport, freeze, fly around the maps while i just stroll along awaiting my deaths knowing there is nothing I could do even if I wanted to mount an attack.

Check the latest Q&A... there is a hint in #7:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Updated-with-Answers-Q-amp-A-wi...

Once F2P is officially out, then I guess we'll have to bump those 2 links in your sig... with a bigger player pool, ND will have no excuse to ignore them.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 282 of 394 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5265 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Well ... that escalated quickly.

Message 283 of 394 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Jan 17, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

And also, I've gone 26-3 against good players without touchinng a power weapon, so don't tell me that's the only way to play the game. And I'm good at other games too. I can't believe you took my few sentences and started judging my entire playstyle in this game and all other games. If you're over 20, you're stupid for your age.

Power weapons have always been a part of Uncharted. Now you come here and want them removed because you don't like them.

Well guess what some people like power weapons.

I like power weapons too, just people who don't use anything but power weapons own the match, and there's nothing you or anything else about it. That's what annoys me. Notice I said nerf, not remove.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 284 of 394 (257 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Although my opinion stands, sorry about my reply. I just came out of four games in a row with shotgun spammers, so I was a little frustrated.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 285 of 394 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

And also, I've gone 26-3 against good players without touchinng a power weapon, so don't tell me that's the only way to play the game. And I'm good at other games too. I can't believe you took my few sentences and started judging my entire playstyle in this game and all other games. If you're over 20, you're stupid for your age.

Power weapons have always been a part of Uncharted. Now you come here and want them removed because you don't like them.

Well guess what some people like power weapons.

I like power weapons too, just people who don't use anything but power weapons own the match, and there's nothing you or anything else about it. That's what annoys me. Notice I said nerf, not remove.

I dont have a problem with Power Weapons since they are there to provide abit of support to a team. Players that sit and wait for power weapons to respawn are sad.

In the end ND cant do anything about the power weapons, If they want to fix something they need to fix ROF and Blindfire.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 286 of 394 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7433 posts

Jan 17, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

@SKIN

UC2 MP had auto lock-on blindfire and in fact it was 250% stronger (according to EvangM at least).

I have no problem with that (SP should be removed from blindfire though, I'll give you that), just like I have no problem with power weapons. Like it or not, it's been part of the Uncharted universe for the last 4 years.

Wanna call it a "crutch"? Fine. You forget that there are electronic "crutches" everywhere, though. It's called technology.

If you have a modern car, then it uses electronic assistance systems (i.e. ABS, EBD etc.)

According to some, "real drivers" should not depend on ABS, EBD and crap like that.

If you use a modern computer, then it uses some sort of GUI (graphical user interface) to facilitate human-machine interaction.

According to some, "real men do it on keyboard only" (no GUI/mouse/touchpad -> for noobs, just keyboard & CLI -> command line interface, i.e. DOS, Linux command line etc.)

Sounds familiar??? I've been part of other communities/forums and I see the same human patterns everywhere... there is always a certain group of elite people who have learned to do things the hard way and they hate it when newcomers prefer the easy way out.

Enough with the real-life analogies, so let's go back to blindfire: what I want is something to counter headless chickens blindfiring towards me from 20m away and that's called stopping power (a revamped model of relative SP depending on the distance). That would force many of them to evolve their playstyle.

Reducing the recoil/increasing accuracy would also be a good idea to promote aiming. Many people would adopt an aiming playstyle in that case.

Simultaneous deaths of 2 aimers shooting at each other is not a good excuse, because that already happens sometimes (whenever people aim their weapons at least). Sometimes it's inevitable that they will struggle to aim and they will die simultaneously.

Blame the implementation, not the concept.

Wow. Now I just feel like I'm being trolled. I give you a list of gameplay reasons and my reasons why I feel that way and you still make the argument that I'm just following some aiming elitist bias.

Your real world analogies were pointless and completely incorrect for this situation. Those are all about personal preference in a diverse world and some people claiming that their preference is superior. Those are NOT competitions. There is no need to limit the breaks systems people use on there cars to remove ABS because it's ****ing public safety! This is a videogame where elements need to be balanced. Why do you spit in my face by claiming I'm still biased after I went through the trouble of outlining my reasoning. It's insulting.

As for U2 having strong auto lock, I could have told you that. The key difference though is the range is not nearly as far and the movement speed is not as fast. I already knew the lock on in U2 was insane. Hello remember the Pistole? The people who would play entire matches going from Moss spawn to Moss spawn? This is no surprise, but it's convenient that you always discredit ND except when what they say backs your position.

You still fail to acknowledge the consequences I mentioned. I wasn't just talking about simultaneous deaths. I'm talking about the average time that everyone is used to dying in shrinking greatly. If you buff aiming enough to counter the current blindfire effectively then you can expect the current kill times that people get, which are probably well over the optimum times to kill, to be much faster. On top of that the ranges of guns will also all increase accordingly meaning ranges that used to be safe for you to run through an area before an enemy could you would now need them to be much farther away. These are just SOME of the consequences that there would be. Traversal would also be more heavily punished.

I am blaming the implimentation. Like I said I love the concept. If I was elitist like you said though, then I should hate the concept. So I don't know why you continue to tell me that I'm an elitist when I've tried to be as reasonably as I can.

Message 287 of 394 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Look I know its late in the game to do what I'm saying,
but I would like to see ND give it a try in the lab.

What would that hurt?
The lab was suppose to be for testing game types.
Now we have unfinished maps, um ok.

I don't see the issue when people say not to compare U3 to U2.
Then what the **** are you suppose to compare it to.
U2 had a lot of things right.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 288 of 394 (224 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Playing other games I now realize that
there are people that like certain ways of
playing a game, no matter how much they irritate you.

People like to use a shot gun as their main weapon (kal7) in U3.
People like to hip fire instead of aiming.
I just want the game to be equal to both parties.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 289 of 394 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Jan 17, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Playing other games I now realize that
there are people that like certain ways of
playing a game, no matter how much they irritate you.

People like to use a shot gun as their main weapon (kal7) in U3.
People like to hip fire instead of aiming.
I just want the game to be equal to both parties.

The one thing Call of Duty does excellently. Aiming and Hipfire users can both play the game.

Which is the main essential reason why it's so popular. I may not like the health model on the new one, but it's certainly accessible to all.

Message 290 of 394 (195 Views)