Nov 30 2013
By: D-money2112 First Son 4 posts

Online pass invalid?

12 replies 753 views Edited Nov 30, 2013

I bought Uncharted 3 late last year, and last week I was going to jump online to play with a friend. When I went to enter the onine pass, I was told that the code is invalid. It doesn't matter if I try to activated from Account Management or the PSN store, the result is the same. I bought the game off Amazon brand new and considering it is a year after the purchase date, I highly doubt they will do anything to help me. Should I send an e-mail to Naughty Dog concerning this matter or would that just be a waste of time? I would really hope they would provide me with some kind of solution or a new pass altogether considering how I have been buying ND games since the original Crash Bandicoot.

Message 1 of 13 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Online pass invalid?

Nov 30, 2013
DLCs are region locked, bro. Maybe that's the problem. What's the disc region and what's your account region?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 13 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2013

No, its nothing like like that. It's a region 1 game and console and a US account. And I'm positive that the code was never redeemed because I didn't even have internet access last time Uncharted 3 was in the PS3.

Message 3 of 13 (739 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Nov 30, 2013

D-money2112 wrote:

No, its nothing like like that. It's a region 1 game and console and a US account. And I'm positive that the code was never redeemed because I didn't even have internet access last time Uncharted 3 was in the PS3.

If you are in the US, you should contact Sony via customer support.

Message 4 of 13 (732 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 30, 2013
A year after purchase date, bro? Hear me out here, but maybe codes have expiration dates? Just maybe, bro.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 13 (728 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 30, 2013

I looked on the voucher for the pass before I entered it, and it has no expiration date on it. Contrary to Uncharted 2 GOTY DLC which had an expiration date which had already passed, but to my surprise the DLC codes worked anyway. Maybe its an unwritten date or something I'm not sure but cosidering how I bought the GOTY edition of UC3 which has been out a little over a year, it would surprise me if the pass expired that quickly. This whole situation is lame, DLC and online passes should never expire, its not like a gallon of milk or something. Online passes are a joke anyway, it's hard to believe that ND would take a page out of EA's book. Like wycliff 12 said, I should probably just contact Sony but I highly doubt that I'll get anywhere with them.

Message 6 of 13 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Nov 30, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
A year after purchase date, bro? Hear me out here, but maybe codes have expiration dates? Just maybe, bro.

Online Passes doesn't have expiration dates only DLC / promotion codes does.

Message 7 of 13 (721 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 30, 2013
Probably should contact them, yeah. Just trying to figure out the problem itself.

I checked my GOTY copy. Also no expiration date, compared to my steelbook copy, which has an expiration date.

Maybe the code was used? You left the game somewhere and someone snagged the code with a photo?
Message 8 of 13 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2013

D-money2112 wrote:

I looked on the voucher for the pass before I entered it, and it has no expiration date on it. Contrary to Uncharted 2 GOTY DLC which had an expiration date which had already passed, but to my surprise the DLC codes worked anyway. Maybe its an unwritten date or something I'm not sure but cosidering how I bought the GOTY edition of UC3 which has been out a little over a year, it would surprise me if the pass expired that quickly. This whole situation is lame, DLC and online passes should never expire, its not like a gallon of milk or something. Online passes are a joke anyway, it's hard to believe that ND would take a page out of EA's book. Like wycliff 12 said, I should probably just contact Sony but I highly doubt that I'll get anywhere with them.

They will help, have them check if the code is valid. 

Also every Sony PS3 1st party game with an online component after 2010 required an online pass. ND really had no say in the matter.

Message 9 of 13 (719 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Nov 30, 2013

that sucks, I would suggest always to imidiately enter codes just to be sure, that's what I usually do, but yeah it's very annoying, I hate that online pass stuff too, I understand why they do it, but it annoys me...

Message 10 of 13 (712 Views)
0 Likes