Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 07 2012
By: Genestran First Son 1 posts

Online pass lost after uninstalling patch

11 replies 810 views Edited Mar 7, 2012

I succesfully redeemed my online pass code that I received with the game. After installing patch 1.06, I was stuck with the spinning ring problem for some time.

I uninstalled the patch, and played with retail version (offline) until the 1.07 patch came along.

Now when I try to join multiplayer, game prompts me to redeem an onlin pass again. Obviously I cant use the previous code since it is already used.

Is there any way to remedy the situation? Do I really need to buy new online key? Or is there some simple solution that I have overlooked?

Message 1 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4171 posts

Re: Online pass lost after uninstalling patch

Mar 7, 2012

Just go to your PlayStation store and re-download the pass from your downloads list.

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Message 2 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Hey!  I've got a buddy who has a similar problem.  He delted 1.07 and somehow now has an "Invalid" online pass.  He's tried to enter it thru "Redeem Codes," in game upon start up, and thru the PS store.  The code is always invalid. 

I told him to check number/letter combos like "B" and "8" -- "5" and "S" and "O" and "0" and this does not appear to be an issue. 

It's either human error on his part...or the code truely is "invalid."  I've never had problems with mine.  I told him to call Sony, but he's ready to spend cash on a new online pass. 

Have any other forumers went thru this?  Has anyone NOT been able to get back on after deleting an update?  Has anyone contacted Sony with  this issue AND gotten it fixed? 

Feel bad for the guy.  Any direction or advice is welcome.  Thank you in advance. 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 3 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Mar 11, 2012

i had that problem a month ago. i thought i just lost it. then i bought it agan, and few days later i was going through another account and there it was. under the downloads list. i called sony about this they refund my money and i re downloaded the online pass from the second account. if you have any other accounts look under there download lists individualy.

live and let die
Message 4 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 11, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Hey!  I've got a buddy who has a similar problem.  He delted 1.07 and somehow now has an "Invalid" online pass.  He's tried to enter it thru "Redeem Codes," in game upon start up, and thru the PS store.  The code is always invalid. 

I told him to check number/letter combos like "B" and "8" -- "5" and "S" and "O" and "0" and this does not appear to be an issue. 

It's either human error on his part...or the code truely is "invalid."  I've never had problems with mine.  I told him to call Sony, but he's ready to spend cash on a new online pass. 

Have any other forumers went thru this?  Has anyone NOT been able to get back on after deleting an update?  Has anyone contacted Sony with  this issue AND gotten it fixed? 

Feel bad for the guy.  Any direction or advice is welcome.  Thank you in advance. 

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

You are only allowed to redeem a code ONCE.

After that, you can redownload it as many times as you want.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Mar 11, 2012

your right but the account holder is the only one that can re download it. then it should work for all the accounts on any one system.

live and let die
Message 6 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 11, 2012

That goes without saying... unless you gameshare.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 13, 2012

This seems like a silly question, but when you buy the Online Pass, then download and install it, where does it go? I only ask this, because my friend has an old PS3, the 80gb backwards compatible PS3, and he just bought it today along with the Online Pass and Fortune Hunter's Club.. only we weren't able to find the Online Pass anywhere on his PS3 (again he bought it, downloaded it and installed it). I just thought I'd ask here, seeing it's a bit similiar to the OP, only he didn't delete a patch. Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

Message 8 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 13, 2012

It is saved in the Game Data folder.

Message 9 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Thank you, tapantaola. That is what I thought and told him to look there.

Message 10 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes