Solved! Go to Solution.
Just spent 2.5 hours trying to find a guaranteed way to save options, and thankfully I did find something. It sucks because it seems to be pretty limited, but it works on my system and hopefully it will work for you:
- Make sure you have less than 20 local Cinema files on whatever profile you do this on. Deleting a file just before performing this "trick" is fine.
- Start a match. Public, custom, LAN, whatever, doesn't matter. (disclosure: these tests were all run on LAN)
- Change one slider option and one option that isn't a slider, in that order, and make sure both are under different submenus (i.e. you can change Camera Sensitivity, then Uncharted TV under Display, and it will work. Changing Brightness and Uncharted TV, OTOH, does not work).
- Die and respawn.
- Finish or quit the match.
- (optional maybe?) Back out to the title screen and quit game.
NOTE: Voice (TV) under Audio is a valid slider for this method, but the option itself can never be permanently changed. This lets you make one change instead of two if what you want isn't under Audio.
I did not try to make multiple changes via multiple matches without rebooting the game, so I can't tell you if rebooting the game between every use is necessary. I would also experiment as much as possible with making changes mid-match, as this is pretty consistent with the fact that I never get the game to save options from the main menus.