Aug 02 2013
By: SicParvisMagna6 Hekseville Citizen 362 posts
Accepted Solution

Options problem

3 replies 317 views Edited Aug 2, 2013
Every time l go to the multiplayer my camera sensitivity is on 40% but l use it on 70% it's really annoying to change it every time Smiley Sad and weirdest part is: my sensitivity has always been on 70%. What can l do to put that on default
Message 1 of 4 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Re: Options problem

Aug 2, 2013
I don't know, my settings have screwed up too, so I'd love to know. Everytime I put the game on, the audio for the music and voices are muted, about a month ago I had turned them off for a custom game, then changed them back straight away after I was done. I would have never done it if I had known this would happen.
Pepsi
Message 2 of 4 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Yeah, that's so **bleep** ey? Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Just spent 2.5 hours trying to find a guaranteed way to save options, and thankfully I did find something.  It sucks because it seems to be pretty limited, but it works on my system and hopefully it will work for you:

1. Make sure you have less than 20 local Cinema files on whatever profile you do this on.  Deleting a file just before performing this "trick" is fine.
  2. Start a match.  Public, custom, LAN, whatever, doesn't matter. (disclosure: these tests were all run on LAN)
  3. Change one slider option and one option that isn't a slider, in that order, and make sure both are under different submenus (i.e. you can change Camera Sensitivity, then Uncharted TV under Display, and it will work.  Changing Brightness and Uncharted TV, OTOH, does not work).
  4. Die and respawn.
  5. Finish or quit the match.
  6. (optional maybe?) Back out to the title screen and quit game.

NOTE: Voice (TV) under Audio is a valid slider for this method, but the option itself can never be permanently changed.  This lets you make one change instead of two if what you want isn't under Audio.

I did not try to make multiple changes via multiple matches without rebooting the game, so I can't tell you if rebooting the game between every use is necessary.  I would also experiment as much as possible with making changes mid-match, as this is pretty consistent with the fact that I never get the game to save options from the main menus.

Message 4 of 4 (276 Views)