Nov 04 2013
By: CaptainProduce67 Wastelander 685 posts

Overall and lasting impact of F2P versus Patch 1.18?

[ Edited ]
10 replies 412 views Edited Nov 4, 2013

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 11 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3200 posts

Re: Overall and lasting mpact of F2P versus Patch 1.18?

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

Well I think F2P ended up & will contunue to extend the life cycle of UC3. It was poorly implemented as a cash grab but certainly helped the player pool. With millions of PS3 being sold & will be sold for years to come I can see alot of people trying out this game & with DLC Maps being free it might even tempt them to stick around. Now if only Nayghty Dog would remove the in-game ads since they took away the option to buy the full multiplayer unlock.

As for patch 1.18 it was certainly the best farewell & thank you (we appreciateour fans) gesture by Nayghty Dog & I applaud their efforrs. From here on out I expect to see more diverse gun choices which could make things feel a bit fresh but outside of Free DLC & the blindfire nerf, it's unfortunate that patch 1.18 simply left the game in a bit of a shamble since the loadout changes simply disrupted the balance of the game & unless they address it sooner than later I forsee a few more key boosters getting nerfed.

So IMO I think F2P has & will contunue to impact the game in a bigger way than patch 1.18.

Message 2 of 11 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Re: Overall and lasting mpact of F2P versus Patch 1.18?

Nov 4, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Well I think F2P ended up & will contunue to extend the life cycle of UC3. It was poorly implemented as a cash grab but certainly helped the player pool. With millions of PS3 being sold & will be sold for years to come I can see alot of people trying out this game & with DLC Maps being free it might even tempt them to stick around. Now if only Nayghty Dog would remove the in-game ads since they took away the option to buy the full multiplayer unlock.

As for patch 1.18 it was certainly the best farewell & thank you (we appreciateour fans) gesture by Nayghty Dog & I applaud their efforrs. From here on out I expect to see more diverse gun choices which could make things feel a bit fresh but outside of Free DLC & the blindfire nerf, it's unfortunate that patch 1.18 simply left the game in a bit of a shamble since the loadout changes simply disrupted the balance of the game & unless they address it sooner than later I forsee a few more key boosters getting nerfed.

So IMO I think F2P has & will contunue to impact the game in a bigger way than patch 1.18.

I stand corrected. I want one more patch to remove the ads.

Even worse the ads are generally to gain revenue for companies outside of Sony. Sony certainly aren't pushing AXE.

Message 3 of 11 (369 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6509 posts

Re: Overall and lasting impact of F2P versus Patch 1.18?

Nov 4, 2013
But Sony gets money from ad revenue which is the point of having ads. So why would they care if it's axe reaching axe's target audience or some other company?
Message 4 of 11 (358 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Nov 5, 2013
The ads make f2p worth it for shareholders. Always will.
Message 5 of 11 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Nov 5, 2013

They don't make it worth it for the players though. With PS+ going pay to play it's just boarderline greed.

Message 6 of 11 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3200 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

They don't make it worth it for the players though. With PS+ going pay to play it's just boarderline greed.

Plus the fact all the F2P add-ons that would disable the ads have suddenly gone missing from the store, makes it even annoying. 

Btw is it me or does the background music for the F2P Client now plays the same XMB music as TLOU? Smiley Indifferent

Edit: So It seems all the add-ons are back in the upgrades Tab, well played ND, how convenient right as the sale ends *slow claps*

Message 7 of 11 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Nov 5, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Plus the fact all the F2P add-ons that would disable the ads have suddenly gone missing from the store, makes it even annoying. 

Btw is it me or does the background music for the F2P Client now plays the same XMB music as TLOU? Smiley Indifferent

Actually. I can't even check, when I tried installing 1.18 on it.. It kind of crashed the whole thing, requires a new download for me.

Message 8 of 11 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

Nov 5, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that notices this.

Message 9 of 11 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 5, 2013

tack129 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

tack129 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

It's subliminal. "Keep on playing TLOU! We have new flag hats!"

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 10 of 11 (287 Views)
0 Likes