Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 02 2011
By: Pegasus02K First Son 2 posts

PS3 shuts down continuously while playing Uncharted3.

169 replies 7358 views Edited Nov 2, 2011

I started playing this game yesterday and now I completely gave up today as it continuously shuts down my PS3 to blinking red light with short playtime(less than an hour).

As my PS3 is old model(released in Korea - CECHE05 80GB which has SW PS2 emulation. I changed its HDD 320GB), and UC3 is probably  the most demanding SW for PS3,  I thought maybe it's due to overheating.

But my PS3 still works well with other games like God of War3 or Gran Turismo 5, and Uncharted2, I cleaned its inside at Sony service center TODAY, and I even tried to set PS3 right next to air conditioner, it still shuts down.

I experinced the same problem during beta test, but it's worse in release version.

I think I've done everything I can. Do I really need to give up this game? or wait for some kind of patch?

Message 1 of 170 (7,358 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

Hmm

Nov 2, 2011

That doesnt sound like something we can patch, as it still appears to be overheating.

Can you try the disc on another ps3 just to make sure it isnt a problem, if possible?

sorry that you encountered this issue!

Message 2 of 170 (7,358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Same here

Nov 4, 2011

I tried everything I could, air conditioner, tetra cooler,... nothing. It still shut down randomly. PS3 60 GB (fat)

Message 3 of 170 (7,358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

ah

Nov 4, 2011
Ah, I just posted
Message 4 of 170 (7,358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Uncharted 3 killing my PS3

Nov 5, 2011

Can anybody give me a technical answer???? Is this a widespread problem with the older ps3 models. I was about 10 minutes into the game and it just shut down my system. Solid RED LED. I can turn it right back on and play any other game or stream video for hours and hours without any problems.  My ps3  has never ever done this to me before.  I just purchased the game tonight and I'm freakin pissed.  I know the game is awesome but can somebody tell me why??? Is it too taxing on the older models or what?  Like I said before I can play any other game with no issues at all.  Now, it shuts down before even letting me load my game.  I did all of my updates and have good ventilation and cool air.  Advice much appreciated, without telling me I have to go out and drop a couple bills on a slim, thank you.

Message 5 of 170 (7,358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

My PS3 slim shuts down. UNCHARTED 3

Nov 5, 2011

This is the first time I encountered it. On my first game it is okay, thats last night.

This morning when I played, my device shuts down. After the game loads and Nate appears, I managed to control him for less than ten seconds and boom, the ps3 shuts down. I tried to turn on my device and when I press the on button the standby red led changes to green and then shuts down immediately. It doesnt manage to boot at all as I see no startup screen on my lcd.

I have a PS3 slim

CECH-2504B

320GB

Running 3.72 firmware

I will try to turn on my PS3 later, will just let it off for hours.

My PS3 is fairly new, less than four months. Im worried because I cant claim warranty here as it is bought abroad.

I will try to monitor this thread for answers. Sigh, the game is great but I cant play it. T_T

Message 6 of 170 (7,358 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

If you don't wanna buy a Slim, then you could apply some...

Nov 5, 2011

jiggy_niggy wrote:

Can anybody give me a technical answer???? Is this a widespread problem with the older ps3 models. I was about 10 minutes into the game and it just shut down my system. Solid RED LED. I can turn it right back on and play any other game or stream video for hours and hours without any problems.  My ps3  has never ever done this to me before.  I just purchased the game tonight and I'm freakin pissed.  I know the game is awesome but can somebody tell me why??? Is it too taxing on the older models or what?  Like I said before I can play any other game with no issues at all.  Now, it shuts down before even letting me load my game.  I did all of my updates and have good ventilation and cool air.  Advice much appreciated, without telling me I have to go out and drop a couple bills on a slim, thank you.

If you don't wanna buy a Slim, then you could apply some new thermal paste (i.e. Arctic Silver 5) to the chips (Cell + RSX):

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/PS3-60GB-Artic-Silver-5-WoW-...

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3343300?start=0&tstart=0

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67406

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eytRmdhl4oc

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 170 (7,358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

same thing happened to me

Nov 5, 2011

I have the old fat ps3 and i was playing the begining of the game where you are drake as a kid and my ps3 shut off and started blinking red. Now i cant even turn my ps3 on, so i i can't even get the game out.

Message 8 of 170 (7,358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

PS3 Shuts down when playing Uncharted 3

Nov 6, 2011
l have the same problem. I even cant pass chapter 2. When the game is loading a movie, the ps3 shuts down itself and a red light starts blinking. Its not overheating because I can play other games such as battlefield 3 without problems. I have the old model version, 80gb. Why is this happening?
Message 9 of 170 (7,358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

My 60GB PS3 has the same issue. Works fine with other gam...

Nov 7, 2011

My 60GB PS3 has the same issue.

Works fine with other games, but when I play UC3...it always shuts down at some point.

So I believe it is US3 which causes this issue.

Message 10 of 170 (7,358 Views)
0 Likes