Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 shuts down continuously while playing Uncharted3.

Feb 3, 2013

It drives me crazy! Just bought myself the GOTY edition.. it almost instant shut down my ps3 

(Wich is a PS3 Super Slim 500gb)

All my other games works.. Just Uncharted DONT..

Please use plain text.
Message 151 of 170 (785 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 10, 2013
Mine does this only on Gran Turismo 5 though...... And its only on 2 races when I start I know ND cant do anything but its not only Uncharted 3
Please use plain text.
Message 152 of 170 (662 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Hi folks,

after "suddenly" facing the same issue with UC2 & UC3 and after reading all your posts here and all over the internet

i guess it is now time to get ORGANIZED!

We should start claim either SONY or ND or both as this is not acceptable.

I will claim my money back for both games if they won't fix the problem.

These are the only two games causing this problem and we all now it's not overheating or whatsoever!

SONY AND ND CAN YOU HEAR US???

THIS SUCKS!

Please use plain text.
Message 153 of 170 (644 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Apr 14, 2013

I just picked UC2 and UC3 from Amazon.com.  Both games cause my PS3 60gb launch model to shut down.  UC2 will shut down as soon as I make it to the start screen, and UC3 will shut down after a very short time of playing in game.  

I know that it is not a heating issue as the PS3 has just had a new powersupply placed in it along with new thermal paste (Artic Silver) on the heat sinks/CPUs.  Also the PS3 runs everything else fine such as games and movies with no shut downs.

I've tried restoring the HDD but that did not work either.  The only other things that I could think of is a BluRay drive issue since these two games max out the space on them, or either the disc are bad.  I doubt the disc are bad since they are brand new, but I will try playing them on another PS3 to weed that out.  

I really do not want to buy another PS3, if one simple issue could be fixed.      

Please use plain text.
Message 154 of 170 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Apr 15, 2013

OMG im sorry to say this but

START SAVING $$$ for a new PS3

my last PS3 started behaving like this with AssassinsCreedRevelations

after i finished it it started to happen with U3(especially with very laggy matches)

Your Ps3 is going to start shutting down faster than ususal to a point you wont even have time to do anything on it b4 it shuts off again

BTW dont delete anything thinking it will fix the console...its dead already

keep all your files and use em on the next one u purchase

I think its because of some pads that regulate temperature so it doesnt get hot, since the pads gets burned with time, the PS3  thinks its very hot when it isnt shutting down

the more they dry up the faster the PS3 thinks its hot(like i said to a point where it just shuts rite after u turn it on)

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 155 of 170 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Apr 15, 2013

also dont rage throw the controller

they cost 60 bucks and u can use it with the new console u buy -____-...or the controller recharger cable

or the video cables...u never know when ull step on the pointy cables and break the pointy tips ;/

what i do find strange is that U3 has SOMETHING to do with the death somehow

i just know it.....

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 156 of 170 (525 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 15, 2013
I cant even update the game to 1.17 becouse my ps3 slim 320Gb shuts.down right after i say ok to the update.If i say no it still shuts down.Before this patch i havent got any problems with the game!!
Please use plain text.
Message 157 of 170 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Apr 18, 2013

So.... UC3 is killing my PS3... Im stuck in the underground london room looking for the deer head of the ship wahtever... cant believe this is still happening!!? Why does my other games work but UC3 dont?? oh and Twisted Metal too, but yeah thats another story. Amzingly David admitted that their game might not work for all PS3 because the way their game is made, it stresses the loading or whatever or in other words, poor coding...Idk,  I would get a new Ps3 but the new models are ugly and cheap.... omg, someone fix this!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 158 of 170 (507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Yeah I get that you are saying that my PS3 is dying but it only does it with this game and UC2.  I've watched 6 hours of netflix straight and no shutdown as I'm typing this.  Also the other day I played COD Black Ops II for 2 hours and no shutdown.  The game works fine on newer PS3s.  Like I said the only thing I can think of is a failure in the Bluray to keep up with the game.  Newer PS3's likely have a faster streaming rate for data, when the older may not or could be damaged to an extent.  Therefore, it would seem likely that they did not make for older PS3s or my system cannot keep up with the data.  At 7 years of age and heavy use, im sure that my ps3 is not running at the speed it used.  I'm going to try another PS3 bluray in my system from a YLOD unit a buddy has.  I will update later 

Please use plain text.
Message 159 of 170 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Apr 28, 2013

But, it happens to those with newer PS3 too. -_-

Please use plain text.
Message 160 of 170 (459 Views)
0 Likes