First Son
30 posts

Sometimes when i use the cinema to view games my ps3 free...

Nov 9, 2011

Sometimes when i use the cinema to view games my ps3 freezes completely and you cannot do anything and have to hold the power button to restart, dont know if anyone else gets this.

Message 21 of 171 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

I have a 80gb PS3 (the initial run right after the 60gbs...

Nov 9, 2011
I have a 80gb PS3 (the initial run right after the 60gbs stopped) and I've only had it lock up on me once, during Yemen. I restarted the console and haven't had any issues since.
Message 22 of 171 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

ps3 phat 60 gb and same problem

Nov 10, 2011

I have a launch 60gb and it's been fantastic, no problems whatsoever with any other game. I remember i finished uncharted 2 without having any problems, however it seems that after one of the ps3 firmware updates uncharted 2 started crashing. At first I thought it was a faulty disk now after facing the same problem with uncharted 3 i think it must be more than that. Shame I bought the Explorer's edition.

Message 23 of 171 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Shame on ND

Nov 10, 2011

Same problem on my old phat ex80gb (now 1TB) PS3.

Same problem also on L.A.Noire from Rockstar.

But I have this problem only with this 2 games, UC3 and Noire. More than 300 Full Games downloaded on PSN and more than 200 on BD and no problems at all.

With Rockstar I know already what they will do... NOTHING... ND smells me the same way, unfortunatelly... very VERY disappointed here... I`ll think double twice on buy an ND or RS game again...

and P.S. its a GAME problem.

Message 24 of 171 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Same issues.

Nov 11, 2011

I have the first 60 GB model with the backwards compatibility etc etc. I too am having my Ps3 shutdown midgame while playing uncharted 3 after 20-30 mins. I dont have that issue with the latest games like Batman Arkham City and Skyrim which i just picked up today. 5 hrs in on Sky rim and still no shutdown or red beeping lights. But iwth uncharted 3 doesnt take long for it to shut down my Ps3 again. This is concerning. I bought the Collectors edition because i love Naughty Dog studios and I love the franchise so please dont dissapoint me and my fellow gamers here by saying that it looks like its something you cant fix. I dont seem to ever have this issue with any other game in my Ps3 library including the latest ones. Please look into this and fix it. I would like to play this game and finish it without it setting my Ps3 on fire. Thats not how you award a long time Playstation fan whos a 1st day buyer for both your game and the console when it launched. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Message 25 of 171 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Same shut down problem

Nov 12, 2011

I am having the same problem, and only with this game.  I can stream movies or play other games for hours without any issues.  The last time the system shut down, I had only been playing the game for 2 min. 28 sec.  The console had been turned completely off before I started playing.  This is NOT an overheating issue - the console barely even feels warm.  Has anyone heard a reply from a moderator besides the first one claiming that it is not a game issue? 

Message 26 of 171 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

I have a different kind of freezing problem. I played the...

Nov 12, 2011

I have a different kind of freezing problem. I played the game and finished it without any problem but, when I tried to connect to mutiplayer network my ps3 always freezes at "connection" screen. I tried it several times, always same thing happened. My ps3 is 320 slim, wondering if anyone having the same problem and if there is a solution to this problem! 

Message 27 of 171 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Metal gear soild 4

Nov 13, 2011

Has anyone tried MGS4 recently? - I was looking at my game collection to see if I could find a game with the same disc type as U3(strange, wavey/distored copy layer) and MGS4 was  the only game I could find.  Please try installing the game, playing for abit and report back.

Message 28 of 171 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Found a solution!

Nov 14, 2011

I accidentally found a way to play without the system shutting off .  I was having problems with my internet last night and couldn't sign into the Playstation Network.  I played the game anyway and didn't have any problems with it shutting off, even after a few hours.  I logged off of PSN today before I played and was able to play again without any issues.  I am not sure why this works, but it does.  I hope it works for everyone else too!

Message 29 of 171 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

PS3 shutting down for me too

Nov 14, 2011

i've been having the same problem with the ps3 cutting out during play of uc3... tried a different disc (uc3) no change... did file restore... no change, did a setting restore... no change, did a format... (stupid idea as i lost my ps1 & ps2 saves) no change... played blu-ray movies two in a row to see if the problem was with the blu-ray reader... no problems... played other games (ps3 format) no problems... decided to play uc2 instead... reboot occured, which has never happened when i played uc2 before, tried my original 60gig HDD, no change, changed orientation from horizontal to vertical, no change, tried to play while offline (completely), no change.

i have a 60gig premium ps3 (uk; emulated ps2 backward compatability), usb air cooling fan (used since ps3's purchace), uc3 disc code BCES01179 (special edition), HDD 500gig, firmware version 3.73

i have only had this problem with uc2 since i started playing uc3 and since the new firmware update... i didnt realy need to do the update to 3.73 as it wasn't mandatory... i believe it may well be a firmware "problem".

i believe they may be pulling the same act as with the ps2's where the newer games wont run on older consoles and we are forced to upgrade... which shouldn't be neccessary as there is firmware updates... sony apparently dont repair consoles, but they charge for "refurbished" consoles, which i believe are old machines that they got from other customers that were repaired and will be shipped out to those that want to keep the same model of ps3... at a price... this is just my suspicion as on the playstation community threads there are people telling all those complaining of this problem to "shut up and buy a slim"... i have always thought of sony as a fair and just company... i just hope my suspicions turn out to be nothing and that those posting those comments are nothing but internet trolls

Message 30 of 171 (1,282 Views)
0 Likes