Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
53 posts

Hmmm...had a similar problem with an EA game Mercenaries...

Nov 14, 2011

gamemommy wrote:

I accidentally found a way to play without the system shutting off .  I was having problems with my internet last night and couldn't sign into the Playstation Network.  I played the game anyway and didn't have any problems with it shutting off, even after a few hours.  I logged off of PSN today before I played and was able to play again without any issues.  I am not sure why this works, but it does.  I hope it works for everyone else too!

Hmmm...had a similar problem with an EA game Mercenaries 2 - console froze when internet was up - just coming to main menu. EA said their servers are now taken away. Only game that froze my PS3 ever.

Login to PSN since April-issues are much slower and not to mention loggin from ND site - which takes minimum a minute.

Are people having most problems being online while playing campaign(refrasing gamemommy)?

Unplug the TP network cord from console and try again.

Just another $0.02 of info....

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 170 (734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

I'm having the same problems. Hope ND send a new patch so...

Nov 20, 2011

I'm having the same problems. Hope ND send a new patch soon :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 170 (734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Solution - Long read, apologies.

Nov 20, 2011

This is unquestionably a glitch with the game, not with the console.

Similar story to all above - A launch day 60GB PS3 (CECHC03) which, apart from an issue with the lens (repaired by Sony in early 08), hasn't had another problem to this day.

Started up U3 and after about 30-40 minutes the console gave the dreaded three beeps, shut down and the LED started flashing red. From hearing of this before I assumed it meant the console was finished. But after pressing the power button once, it beeped and the LED turned solid red. Pressed again the console restarted fine. I tried playing it again straight away and played for around 2 hours with no issues.

Turned it off as normal and didn't start playing again until the following day. That time, it lasted around 10 minutes before it crashed. Restarted, played for just under an hour and it crashed again.

As with everyone else, this is the ONLY game that crashes my PS3. I've played a few games from this year - Dead Space 2, Dynasty Warriors 7, LA Noire, Dark Souls - and none of them have crashed. I know none of them probably push the PS3 the same as UC3, but still. That said, I haven't seen much of a difference between UC3 and UC2, and the latter never crashed my console either.

So I was wondering if I did anything different that allowed me to play for 2 hours straight the other night, and I couldn't think what until I read gamemommy's post - I wasn't signed into the PSN.

To test this theory, I turned the console on, signed out and started up Uncharted before I went to work. I left it unpaused on a part in the marketplace where there was a bit of activity and went to work. Came home over 9 hours later and the console was still running with barely a noise out of the fan. Added to this, I played on without turning the console off and played through another 3 hours of the game with no issues. I then signed into the PSN, started the game again and had crashed within half an hour. So there's the problem.

The suggestion that it's down to overheating is ludicrous, you need only look at Hark-Kuo's post for proof. The PS3's fan has different speeds depending on the level of strain it's under, and you can easily tell because the noise it makes goes from silent up to deafening. From other reports (non-U3) PS3 users have made about overheating before, their consoles only crashed when the fan was practically screaming.

The fact that the console crashes randomly, whether the game has been played for minutes or hours, whether there's a massive cinematic scene or simply standing around looking at a puzzle, whether the fan is loud or silent, suggests it's not down to this.

The idea that there are now games that won't play on old PS3s is appalling. The reason I stopped PC gaming was because of the constant hardware updates needed to play the latest game. The idea of purchasing a different version of the same console every few years is frightening.

Since the PS2 backwards-compatibility issue, all games have to go through the Technical Requirements Checklist which means that NO game should be published that wouldn't run on a particular model of PS3.

It's a shame that an otherwise enjoyable game is littered with so many oversights that could have been fixed before launch. The issue is clearly widespread and Naughty Dog have been curiously silent on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 170 (734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Me too. It's utterly annoying.

Nov 20, 2011

I tried playing U3 while disconnected from PSN and it still happened anyway. Perhaps being connected to the PSN is one the of the probable causes, but I don't think it is the only one.

Moreover, I would like to add that my PS3 also shuts down while playing U2*. I could play it without any issues at all, but I remember my console starting shutting down randomly right after a firmware update. The symptoms are exactly the same everyone is experiencing now.

If you have U2, maybe it would be a nice idea to test it out. My console is a Japanese 60 GB model.

* Experienced it only on multiplayer. I already have a platinum for U2 and thus didn't bother to try single again at the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 170 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

ima ask this

Nov 21, 2011

is your ps3 the newest unmanditory firmware? the old ones, i have a 60 gig runs just fine but i havent instaled the manditory one just yet , =/ mabby its not the disk but the stupid firmware 

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 170 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

same here but this is a dif problem

Nov 21, 2011
same here but this is a dif problem
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 170 (734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

The same problem....

Nov 22, 2011

My PS3 turns off every time I'm playing Uncharted 3. I can't play more than 5 mins, he makes 3 bips and turns off, someone could help me? My ps3 is FAT 40GB.
ps: Isn't a PS3 issue. It only happens in Uncharted 3. 
Firmware 3.72 and 3.73 also happens
CECHA01 American model, original HD
I've tried system rebuild and database rebuild. Delete and install again uncharted.

The same thing happens to me in the beta version, but it's worst in the release version too....

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 170 (734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Where is the ND to answer on this? They are pretending no...

Nov 23, 2011
Where is the ND to answer on this?
They are pretending not to see our topics?

The same happens with my PS3 60GB.

The Video game gets off without stopping.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 170 (734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

They've answered this once upon a time. http://forums.nau...

Nov 23, 2011

They've answered this once upon a time.

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PS3-shuts-down-continuously-while-playing-Uncharted...

But I think that's not a quite acceptable answer.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 170 (734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

problem here!

Nov 23, 2011

I have a PS3 Fat 60GB, and i'm having the same problem here. My PS3 turns off everytime i'm playing. It makes 3 bips and resets my console, and the red light starts flashing.... waiting for some fix patch..

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 170 (734 Views)
0 Likes