First Son
3 posts

apparently the beta proved worthless!! not fix the main b...

Nov 23, 2011
apparently the beta proved worthless!! not fix the main bug ...
Message 41 of 171 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

neglect

Nov 23, 2011

apparently the beta proved worthless!!! not fix the main bug ...

Message 42 of 171 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

uncharted 3 made my ps3 freeze all the time and caused yellow light of death failure

Nov 25, 2011

posted: 11-11-2011

PSN ID: Ghosteyez

- from Denmark

My PS3 system:

60 GB fat PS3

Original HDD

Backwards Compatible

Card Reader

Firmware 3.73

Passed All Hardware Tests With Sony. Plays Bluray and video game dual layered discs without issues.

Disc Info:

Standard edition - with a t-shirt

(EU) BCES 01175

I have done all of the following:

Reformatted HDD

Rebuilt Database & File System Numerous Times

Deleted Game Data & Save Data

Installed Another Uncharted 3 Game on my system

i got my uncharted 3 on releasedate 11/02-2011. while I played through the SP part of the game it  nearly froze about 45 times randomly. when it froze, none of the buttons on the ps3 joystick worked, including the ps button, so i had to make a full shut down on ps3 every time uncharted 3 froze. it was unplayable, and to be hornest it runied the gameing experience. I decided to return my version of uncharted 3 to my gamedealer, so i could get a new one that worked. But it didnt, i had the same problems with the new disc. Last week i tryed to play all my other games a couple of hours, to see if the same freezing problem occurred, but they worked perfectly. (god of war 3, dead island, star wars unleashed 1 and 2, little big planet, pes 2011, and many others)

i can see that others have probs with the cinematic cutscenes and audio in uncharted 3, but it was the only part i didnt had a problem with.

last night (11-10-2011), i was playing Uncharted 3 MP co-op over the internet with a friend, and after 20 mins my ps3 froze again, but this time it froze and did a never experienced shut down, by it self. Afterwards i couldn't turn it on again, and after a quick search on some forums, i fund out that it was a yellow light of death failure. i have always kept my ps3 on a high spot with lots of freespace, and i have taken really good care of it. I have never shut down the ps3 in the middel of a game, always exited to XMB, and i have tryed my best to clean the playstation etc.

i really love the uncharted series, i have completed the first  20 times on crushing, and online, uncharted 2 is my favorite game. It is so disappointing to have these experiences with uncharted 3. i was really looking forward to this game, and i have been waiting a long time for it. Now i just got a dead ps3.

posted: today 11-24-2011

Edit: well, i just got my 4 years fat ps3 (without warranty) back from repair. They said that its going to costs me 230$ to fix the yellow light of death failure. I said to the man in the fone, that this faliure cant be fixed, because it will get it again, even if u try to fix it, so why spend money on that?.. but the main question is: Why do i have to pay for a failure, that was caused by the constant freezing/overheating problem in the uncharted 3 game?? thats really great ND and Sony. I also called sony to tell/confront them with these threads on ND homepage, and what this game did to my ps3. But guess what.. they couldnt care less.

Message 43 of 171 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Same thing

Nov 26, 2011

Same thing is hapening here.

PS3 80GB (now 500GB) FAT, shuts down even with no internet.

Message 44 of 171 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

80GB PS3- Uncharted 3 shuts it down

Nov 26, 2011

Same thing happens on this end. PS3 gets the red light that indicates it overheated despite my PS3 being cool as a cucumber. It's rather arbitrary, it ranges anywhere from 5 minutes to 40 minutes before shutting down.

I don't want to hear any lies from ND that it is my PS3, for this issue persisted even throughout the beta, hell I just had a 5 hour Gran Turismo 5 and Killzone 3 session yesterday with no issues what so ever. It is inexcusable for this to be occurring, as soon as I read that article where ND stated the final product wouldn't function properly with older PS3s so they had to modify it, I knew instantly this problem would still pertain in the retail build. Unsurprisingly it did, I've had this game since launch and it is now November 26 and I still can't play the game. I haven't been this disappointed since Jak X Combat Racing, and even then I arguably enjoyed that game somewhat and I could actually play the game for more than 5 minutes.

Another issues I'm having is the matchmaking, I understand P2P matchmaking is dreadful in comparison to dedicated servers where I can choose a match as I see fit, but it really shouldn't be taking over 5 minutes for it to connect me to a TDM lobby. I have a 100mbps internet which is one of the faster speeds in this country too so I don't believe it is my internet.

Sorry if this comes off as whining, but I'm sure you'll agree waiting nearly a month to enjoy a game you supported on launch is quite frustrating.

Message 45 of 171 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Framerate issues

Nov 26, 2011

I forgot to mention, I also have framerate issues in campaign. EUrogamer I believe did an article on the game's performance and seemed to retain an adequate 30fps even in firefights, whereas on my end I constantly get very noticeable fps drops in most firefights. Not to mention the aiming is rather iffy, but I hear you're resolving that as we speak.

Message 46 of 171 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

once again not nd problemb

Nov 26, 2011

i have a 0.72 connection speed one of the lowest in the nation and i find full matches in under 120 seconds, get a new router, youd be amazed at how many peaople have 5+ year old routers 

Message 47 of 171 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Follow up to earlier post

Nov 27, 2011

After reading posts that have been shown in this thread and the one in the Sony thread it appears to definitely be a firmware problem as ps3's that were brought brand new with the game are also crapping out... But some of the posts in this thread poke at underhanded tactics from Sony... As I stated may be the case... Old and new ps3's should contain pretty much the same hardware, with the exception of the hdd and premium ed ps3's, just in a more compact design. Naughty  dog should have also been testing on 1st gen ps3's before moving onto new gen ps3 testing... If they were only using new gen models for testing then it seems that Sony wants us to scrap our 1st gen ps3's for the new gen... But this wouldn't explain away the problem with the new gen models, which seem to match everyone else.

I find it impossible for it to be uc3 as it would make no sense why my uc2 is suddenly having the same problems... I believe I had v3.70 firmware before taking the 3.73 update... Sony should just implement a dropback to that version and rename it 3.74 to ensure that it sticks.

I just hope that when the next firmware comes out, which probably wont be until after Christmas, that the problem will disappear. Fingers crossed

Message 48 of 171 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Workarou...

Nov 27, 2011
Message 49 of 171 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

I think it makes perfect sense that it's game software th...

Nov 27, 2011

DotHackFan wrote:

After reading posts that have been shown in this thread and the one in the Sony thread it appears to definitely be a firmware problem as ps3's that were brought brand new with the game are also crapping out... But some of the posts in this thread poke at underhanded tactics from Sony... As I stated may be the case... Old and new ps3's should contain pretty much the same hardware, with the exception of the hdd and premium ed ps3's, just in a more compact design. Naughty  dog should have also been testing on 1st gen ps3's before moving onto new gen ps3 testing... If they were only using new gen models for testing then it seems that Sony wants us to scrap our 1st gen ps3's for the new gen... But this wouldn't explain away the problem with the new gen models, which seem to match everyone else.

I find it impossible for it to be uc3 as it would make no sense why my uc2 is suddenly having the same problems... I believe I had v3.70 firmware before taking the 3.73 update... Sony should just implement a dropback to that version and rename it 3.74 to ensure that it sticks.

I just hope that when the next firmware comes out, which probably wont be until after Christmas, that the problem will disappear. Fingers crossed

I think it makes perfect sense that it's game software that ruins console.

a) Nobody had any problems before installing UC3 or possibly the patch for UC3.

b)There might be an engine that is supposed to be common to all UC games but the updated version for UC3 ruins both old and new games.

I'm playing all games - dual layer or not - without any problems. UC1 and UC2 inclusive, but I have not bought UC3.

I played GT5 for 5 hours yesterday without a single hickup.

I simply dare not buy and install UC3. I have 60 games installed and starting to have messup of PS3 system is not worth it. If contacting Playstation support you would be asked to do things that might ruin everything installed.

I had one problem once with an EA game that they removed the servers for and console hung when reaching menu - if internet was up. I returned that as faulty.

Otherwise no problem with any game ever.

The very reason for getting a gaming console - troublefree gaming cause everything is tested on the hardware that all gamers use too.

This last statement does not hold up anymore since UC3.

ND and Sony better fix this quicker that fast. It's not just about this game anymore - it's about the future for PS3. The reputation is going down the drain - and nobody wants to sell it - it's trouble with customers all the way.

But all other games work so no worries....just avoid UC3!

Message 50 of 171 (843 Views)
0 Likes