First Son
2 posts

BUG FIX

Nov 27, 2011

One friend of mine tries to do this in my PS3, and it works out... Try in yours too....

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Workaround-to-fix-PS3-FAT-continous-shut-down/td-p/...

Open your eyes ND!!!! Try to fix this!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 170 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

1.2 patch

Nov 28, 2011

Tried it after updating to 1.2. Still has the same issue.  Tried the suggested time work around, seemed to last longer than usual but still turned of in 30 minutes regardless. My disappointment with the game can't be articulated anymore at this point.

Going to try my own random workaround, i'll post it if it works.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 170 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

unfortunately it cant be uc3 as some have posted that the...

Nov 29, 2011

LariosoDog wrote:

DotHackFan wrote:

After reading posts that have been shown in this thread and the one in the Sony thread it appears to definitely be a firmware problem as ps3's that were brought brand new with the game are also crapping out... But some of the posts in this thread poke at underhanded tactics from Sony... As I stated may be the case... Old and new ps3's should contain pretty much the same hardware, with the exception of the hdd and premium ed ps3's, just in a more compact design. Naughty  dog should have also been testing on 1st gen ps3's before moving onto new gen ps3 testing... If they were only using new gen models for testing then it seems that Sony wants us to scrap our 1st gen ps3's for the new gen... But this wouldn't explain away the problem with the new gen models, which seem to match everyone else.

I find it impossible for it to be uc3 as it would make no sense why my uc2 is suddenly having the same problems... I believe I had v3.70 firmware before taking the 3.73 update... Sony should just implement a dropback to that version and rename it 3.74 to ensure that it sticks.

I just hope that when the next firmware comes out, which probably wont be until after Christmas, that the problem will disappear. Fingers crossed

I think it makes perfect sense that it's game software that ruins console.

a) Nobody had any problems before installing UC3 or possibly the patch for UC3.

b)There might be an engine that is supposed to be common to all UC games but the updated version for UC3 ruins both old and new games.

I'm playing all games - dual layer or not - without any problems. UC1 and UC2 inclusive, but I have not bought UC3.

I played GT5 for 5 hours yesterday without a single hickup.

I simply dare not buy and install UC3. I have 60 games installed and starting to have messup of PS3 system is not worth it. If contacting Playstation support you would be asked to do things that might ruin everything installed.

I had one problem once with an EA game that they removed the servers for and console hung when reaching menu - if internet was up. I returned that as faulty.

Otherwise no problem with any game ever.

The very reason for getting a gaming console - troublefree gaming cause everything is tested on the hardware that all gamers use too.

This last statement does not hold up anymore since UC3.

ND and Sony better fix this quicker that fast. It's not just about this game anymore - it's about the future for PS3. The reputation is going down the drain - and nobody wants to sell it - it's trouble with customers all the way.

But all other games work so no worries....just avoid UC3!

unfortunately it cant be uc3 as some have posted that they played other games before playing uc3 and had their ps3's do the exact same thing... so its either the firmware or both of these games are full of malicious coding.

painkilling wrote in his post:

"I have a launch 60gb and it's been fantastic, no problems whatsoever with any other game. I remember i finished uncharted 2 without having any problems, however it seems that after one of the ps3 firmware updates uncharted 2 started crashing. At first I thought it was a faulty disk now after facing the same problem with uncharted 3 i think it must be more than that. Shame I bought the Explorer's edition."

basically he played uc2 on the new firmware without even play uc3 at all and had the crash problems... then he decided to play uc3 and that didnt work for him either.

plus, untill the patch there was no install data for the game as it all ran from the disc... so how would it corrupt the ps3... and formatting the hdd would work if that were the case... but as many can attest it didn't... and telling people to avoid what is esentially a good game isnt fair either... if everyone starts avoiding buying uc3 then where will the incentive for future releases (not to mention funds) come from...

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 170 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

I think we need to look at the big picture - not a single...

Nov 29, 2011

DotHackFan wrote:

unfortunately it cant be uc3 as some have posted that they played other games before playing uc3 and had their ps3's do the exact same thing... so its either the firmware or both of these games are full of malicious coding.

painkilling wrote in his post:

"I have a launch 60gb and it's been fantastic, no problems whatsoever with any other game. I remember i finished uncharted 2 without having any problems, however it seems that after one of the ps3 firmware updates uncharted 2 started crashing. At first I thought it was a faulty disk now after facing the same problem with uncharted 3 i think it must be more than that. Shame I bought the Explorer's edition."

basically he played uc2 on the new firmware without even play uc3 at all and had the crash problems... then he decided to play uc3 and that didnt work for him either.

plus, untill the patch there was no install data for the game as it all ran from the disc... so how would it corrupt the ps3... and formatting the hdd would work if that were the case... but as many can attest it didn't... and telling people to avoid what is esentially a good game isnt fair either... if everyone starts avoiding buying uc3 then where will the incentive for future releases (not to mention funds) come from...

I think we need to look at the big picture - not a single guy which might have hardware issues. Look at Playstation forum and you will see it's full of hardware issues - and that has nothing to do with a particular game. As they say - s-h-i-t happends - and a failure starts when installing a particular game.

For most people they can play any other game but UC3 - without problems. The strangest of things suddenly happends when playing UC3 - console freeze or closing down as well as loading problems with endless spinning ring.

My conclusion anyway....

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 170 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

as i said... UC3 has no install data. just the patch and...

Nov 29, 2011

LariosoDog wrote:

I think we need to look at the big picture - not a single guy which might have hardware issues. Look at Playstation forum and you will see it's full of hardware issues - and that has nothing to do with a particular game. As they say - s-h-i-t happends - and a failure starts when installing a particular game.

For most people they can play any other game but UC3 - without problems. The strangest of things suddenly happends when playing UC3 - console freeze or closing down as well as loading problems with endless spinning ring.

My conclusion anyway....

as i said... UC3 has no install data and a failure can also start when installing a crappy firmware update too. there are also people reporting the exact same problem as this on the playstation threads, so if you say that thats a hardware fault then you're saying that this is a hardware fault, which it clearly isn't as other games can be played with no problems (with a few exceptions).

and i'm pretty sure that some of the people that are posting here have already been posting in the playstation forums before being redirected by others to post here as well.

i have been searching and seen that people have come to the conclusion that it has to be one of these:

1) the game itself (freezes, load problems and forced shutdowns throughout the whole ps3 range. beta testing by naughty dog would prevent this, so this doesn't seem plausable enough)

2) overheating hardware (not likely as having not played the ps3 for days and having it shut down 10 mins after booting the console then starting to play the game is not enough time for an overheat, especially since i'm using an extraction fan. and then there is Hark-Kuo's post to support this)

3) a blu-ray cache problem (seems feesable, some people report being able to play uc3 for hours some times, which

could be due to playing different games before loading uc3. that would stink of a coding error in the firmware to me)

4) the install data (there is no install data other than the patch, so this is irrelivent)

5) older model inferiority (this would't explain the problems being had with the slim models)

6) firmware issues (throughout my whole experience with my ps3... whenever i experience a problem, a firmware update cures it. so i believe that it may be the same problem here. a lot of ps3 errors are related to firmware)

7) update complications (this is also very feasable. although it's still a firmware issue its actually more centered around an individuals internet connection as some say that doing an install of the newer firmware from removeable media leaves the console with no problems as you can tell when there has been a download error, whereas with the ps3 you cannot)

i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but saying it's the game, with little/no concrete evidence, while dismissing all other sources of information wont help. as all it does is fuel the dissapointment and anger that people are feeling due to these problems, which isn't fair on them.

i appologise if i have upset you, as that wasn't my intention. even i, at first thought it was the game, but after reading the posts here and the ones on the playstation forums i have come to see that in no way can it be just the game itself, nor any data stored on the hdd by it.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 170 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

You're not upsetting me, I just have a different view on...

Nov 29, 2011

DotHackFan wrote:

as i said... UC3 has no install data and a failure can also start when installing a crappy firmware update too. there are also people reporting the exact same problem as this on the playstation threads, so if you say that thats a hardware fault then you're saying that this is a hardware fault, which it clearly isn't as other games can be played with no problems (with a few exceptions).

and i'm pretty sure that some of the people that are posting here have already been posting in the playstation forums before being redirected by others to post here as well.

i have been searching and seen that people have come to the conclusion that it has to be one of these:

1) the game itself (freezes, load problems and forced shutdowns throughout the whole ps3 range. beta testing by naughty dog would prevent this, so this doesn't seem plausable enough)

2) overheating hardware (not likely as having not played the ps3 for days and having it shut down 10 mins after booting the console then starting to play the game is not enough time for an overheat, especially since i'm using an extraction fan. and then there is Hark-Kuo's post to support this)

3) a blu-ray cache problem (seems feesable, some people report being able to play uc3 for hours some times, which

could be due to playing different games before loading uc3. that would stink of a coding error in the firmware to me)

4) the install data (there is no install data other than the patch, so this is irrelivent)

5) older model inferiority (this would't explain the problems being had with the slim models)

6) firmware issues (throughout my whole experience with my ps3... whenever i experience a problem, a firmware update cures it. so i believe that it may be the same problem here. a lot of ps3 errors are related to firmware)

7) update complications (this is also very feasable. although it's still a firmware issue its actually more centered around an individuals internet connection as some say that doing an install of the newer firmware from removeable media leaves the console with no problems as you can tell when there has been a download error, whereas with the ps3 you cannot)

i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but saying it's the game, with little/no concrete evidence, while dismissing all other sources of information wont help. as all it does is fuel the dissapointment and anger that people are feeling due to these problems, which isn't fair on them.

i appologise if i have upset you, as that wasn't my intention. even i, at first thought it was the game, but after reading the posts here and the ones on the playstation forums i have come to see that in no way can it be just the game itself, nor any data stored on the hdd by it.

You're not upsetting me, I just have a different view on some conclusions made.

On some points:

1) I don't rule out game error due to it's been betatested. Strange conclusion to me.

Even if ND should know PS3 better than any other developer - impossible deadlines are killers of errorfree code.

2) agree

3) Cache is quite likely.That could also explain savedata problems.

I also today had a strange fenomena when doing my first backup from 3.73 firmare.

It takes 3-4 times as long, and what was done i 3 hours before now takes 12 hours.

Extensive overactive caching.. or I don't know. I don't know if there is a way to monitor memory used for a game at any time like in a PC - if you can see how cache grows or something.

And since UC generally has been the game series that chew BD-disc more than any other games it may very well be part of problem( I really felt a flashback to the 90's playing games on PC on 3.5" and 51/4" diskettes).

And it makes sense when talking about being able to play another game and then UC works.

But it really should get noticed in other games too. I played more on 3.73 than 3.72 and there is no sign of problems whatsoever.

4. You say 'other than patches' and that is exactly what quite a few has mentioned. It started with patches. They got a slim bundled with UC3 and all were fine until they installed even 1.01 and for some 1.02 started giving problems.

It could be a general problem with firmware and caching in console or patches per se.

I don't know how patches work and are mapped into memory on PS3 to replace code on disc.

5. agree.

6. It can be fw , but I cannot rule out game error. The general feel I get reading posts from people is that every other game works just fine, but one case where he seem to find that all dual layer gamediscs gave him trouble after playing UC3.

It's mainly UC3 discs that give problems, but Sony has looked into that nothing is wrong with discs. Post by RabidWalker at Sony forum.

It's kind of massive reports about not reading discs and shutting PS3 down. Never seen posts on such a scale as UC3. There are people experiencing problems with other games, but it seem to be just a single machine. Nothing unison like for UC3.

I don't know what the PS3-system does when code gets out of bounds - like when a PC gives BSOD. Does it shut down with YLOD?

Or is it only overheating that does that?

Is UC runnings the cpu/gpu harder than any other game to give us pretty graphics?

But some people get YLOD pretty fast - as you mention.

Does PS3 has jump addresses in ROM that correspond to soft reboot or YLOD?

Something is funny about disc speed in 3.73, that's for sure, making backup take endless time. So it may be due to heacy caching that's got out of hand.

But why not in other games?

That's tells me it might be game error.

Time will tell....

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 170 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Uncharted 3 already on sale

Nov 30, 2011

Game is already on sale for 25 pounds at various online retailers. I question as to what my benefit was for purchasing this overpriced drink coaster on launch.

If the error lies in Sony's firmware then I apologize, however I remember LA Noire had a similar issue and Rockstar accepted the blame and fixed it. Please do the same soon ND and don't go on holidays just yet, my brother has christmas leave soon as do many other people and I wish to play this with them. Hell you're a first party studio you would think you could discuss the issue with Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 170 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

PSN 4.0

Dec 1, 2011

The update makes it last longer but it still turns off in under an hour. 

If they placed on the cover that results may vary depending on your model of PS3, I wouldn't have purchased the game to begin with.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 170 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

I get this quite a bit too, while playing single player,...

Dec 2, 2011

I get this quite a bit too, while playing single player, the ps3 just freezes and you cant get even onto the xmb, you have to hold down the power button to restart!

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 170 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

please ND fix it

Dec 2, 2011

please ND fix it

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 170 (388 Views)
0 Likes