First Son
5 posts

Re: PS3 shuts down continuously while playing Uncharted3.

Dec 26, 2011

Ok DO it and tell me if it works

Message 81 of 171 (580 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 26, 2011

I really hope it does.

Message 82 of 171 (580 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 26, 2011

Ok Can you help Me to have people on my psn im new on this and i new friends can you help me please!!!

Message 83 of 171 (580 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 26, 2011

Has this "restore" thing worked? I just got Uncharted 3 yesterday from my wife for Christmas. I started playing it today, was playing it for an hour or so and got my first "PS3" shut down. Played for another half hour, same thing. Played some more, 5 minutes later same thing. This is really frustrating. I have an 80 gig PS3, never had any issues. Everything else plays and works fine. ND needs to fix this pronto. I was really enjoying the game

Message 84 of 171 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Dec 29, 2011

The restore thing doesn't work. I think it's a case by case basis of course, but from my experience it doesn't help.

The problem is with FW 4.0, not ND as they've previously stated. We'll need to wait for a new FW update unfortunately.

Hope that helps.

Message 85 of 171 (580 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 31, 2011

It's so dissappointing that no one from ND has bothered to respond to the issues raised by all of these paying customers. This is one of the most popular technical issues and has attracted comment from individually affected users across the past 2-3 weeks but has failed to qualify for a response from ND.

For every 1 person who writes about this problem, there are several others who have the same issue but don't comment be ause we were expecting a response. While the recent Firmware update or 1.02 game patch may be the catalyst in almost all cases (mine included) it seems to only affect UC3 playback (on both old and new PS3s) and ND should at least have the client centered focus to respond to this issue.

The simple reality is most victims will return this malfunctioning game, spread the word about their negative experience and probably avoid future ND releases (all of which will affect ND profitability) and continue to play all their other games which work just fine - fan noise or no fan noise.

It is because we want ND to survive and continue to grow that we spend the time posting complaints - you should at least pretend like you care about our business while we still care about yours. History is littered with great developers, designers, and game systems that waited too late. Those who chose not to learn from history will suffer a similar fate.

Message 86 of 171 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Evan DID respond in another thread. It's FW 4.0, there's nothing they can do

Message 87 of 171 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Violetzoya wrote:

Evan DID respond in another thread. It's FW 4.0, there's nothing they can do

Poor excuse. This phenomenon also happened before FW 4.0 was released... have you forgotten already?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 88 of 171 (580 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 7, 2012

Another user here, same problem as all y'all - Gen2 80gb fat PS3 shuts down after a few minutes of gameplay. Only problem I ever had like this was with L.A. Noire.

This whole problem, along with everything I've read about it - including Naughty Dog's "non-response" -  is entirely unacceptable.

As consumers, whether our issue is with Uncharted 3, L.A. Noire, Killzone 3, or what have you, determining the cause of related problems should not fall on our shoulders. It is not our job. It's Naughty Dog's job. It's Rockstar's job. It's Sony's job. Whether 1,000 people have the problem, or 1 million, THEY are the ones who should be working TOGETHER to find a solution. Solutions should come on THEIR dime, on THEIR time, and at ZERO cost to us, the consumers. We should not need new consoles. We shouldn't need to send our consoles to Sony to be repaired at ridiculous costs when there were never any indications of prior problems. We should not need new games. And if we do need any of these things, for whatever reason, they should be SUPPLIED TO US FOR FREE. All of the posts on this forum are for nought, though, until we take action as consumers. I love Sony products. Truly, I do. I love Naughty Dog games. I love Rockstar games. But the corner they are slowly backing us into - whether conciously or unconciously; whether as individual entities or as a collective whole - is simply disgusting and unacceptable. I will not purchase another Naughty Dog, Rockstar, or Sony product until the ones I currently own - an 80gb gen 2 PS3, Uncharted 3, and L.A. Noire - all work as they should, and I urge every single one of you, if you have problems with any of these companies' products, or similar companies' products, to do the same. They need not blame one another. It doesn't matter whose fault it is. Quit behaving like schoolchildren and work together to fix it like God dang professionals. Stop blaming consumers. Stop driving us to theorize and wax poetical on hypothetical problems that we have zero training, experience, or knowledge to solve. It's ridiculous.

It's not our God dang jobs. It's yours.

Message 89 of 171 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 7, 2012

apemanlola wrote:

Another user here, same problem as all y'all - Gen2 80gb fat PS3 shuts down after a few minutes of gameplay. Only problem I ever had like this was with L.A. Noire.

This whole problem, along with everything I've read about it - including Naughty Dog's "non-response" -  is entirely unacceptable.

As consumers, whether our issue is with Uncharted 3, L.A. Noire, Killzone 3, or what have you, determining the cause of related problems should not fall on our shoulders. It is not our job. It's Naughty Dog's job. It's Rockstar's job. It's Sony's job. Whether 1,000 people have the problem, or 1 million, THEY are the ones who should be working TOGETHER to find a solution. Solutions should come on THEIR dime, on THEIR time, and at ZERO cost to us, the consumers. We should not need new consoles. We shouldn't need to send our consoles to Sony to be repaired at ridiculous costs when there were never any indications of prior problems. We should not need new games. And if we do need any of these things, for whatever reason, they should be SUPPLIED TO US FOR FREE. All of the posts on this forum are for nought, though, until we take action as consumers. I love Sony products. Truly, I do. I love Naughty Dog games. I love Rockstar games. But the corner they are slowly backing us into - whether conciously or unconciously; whether as individual entities or as a collective whole - is simply disgusting and unacceptable. I will not purchase another Naughty Dog, Rockstar, or Sony product until the ones I currently own - an 80gb gen 2 PS3, Uncharted 3, and L.A. Noire - all work as they should, and I urge every single one of you, if you have problems with any of these companies' products, or similar companies' products, to do the same. They need not blame one another. It doesn't matter whose fault it is. Quit behaving like schoolchildren and work together to fix it like God dang professionals. Stop blaming consumers. Stop driving us to theorize and wax poetical on hypothetical problems that we have zero training, experience, or knowledge to solve. It's ridiculous.

It's not our God dang jobs. It's yours.

So true. The strategy seems to be "Let's release all info on The Last Of Us and get attention away from UC3".

I have bought UC1 and 2, but won't buy any UC3 or TLOU until this is officially acknowledged and fixed. The console is at risc playing UC3 and everything is working fine with all games for me so far(15 month). Buying UC3 is asking for trouble.

Sony has done some strange stuff to firmware since 3.73(backups take 4 times longer) and how much is on that level is hard to say. But there are just too many having problems with UC3 and no other games.

All the arguments I had for buying a console and not play on PC does not hold up anymore when reading about these troubles people have. It's very limited variations to the hardware used and everything would be thoroughly tested on the hardware used out there.

My confidence in PS3 was 100% satisfaction until UC3 came about.

Message 90 of 171 (580 Views)
0 Likes