Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4593 posts
 

Re: Para-9

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

lab_meister wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

Hahaha you have got to be kidding me. "Para 9 is OP!" Hahahahahaha. Oh god, this is a knee-slapper. I thought people would start complaining about a gun that has much more blindfire accuracy than a Para 9 without the jamming issues, like Flynn's M9, but I guess I was wrong. You guys REALLY want this game to be an automatics-fest, do you? Isn't it already enough that everyone uses an M9 (especially Flynn's), but now you want everyone to use a Micro, too?


Just... ugh. No. Stop it with the weapon tweaks. You had almost a whole year to complain about this. Leave everything as it is unless sniper weapons in general get an aim assist reduction and all weapons get a blindfire accuracy reduction. Specific nerfs which will only make people move on to a different weapon that gets labeled as a "tryhard" weapon? I don't think it's making any good progress for the community whatsoever.

Leave the Para 9 and all other weapons alone when it comes to buffs and nerfs.


Seriously?  I didn't say the Para-9 was overpowered as a general weapon.  I said it far outclassed the other pistols, in layman's terms it is overpowered compared to the Pistols. please don't take my post as some kind of nit-picking, actually read it before making a comment on why it is complete BS.


The Para 9 isn't OP in any sense of the word, even if you say it's just OP compared to the pistols instead of the general weapons.

 

Why do we want automatics to rule the game in nearly everything, anyways? Flynn's M9 is incredibly easy to aim and it's by far the best blindfire weapon in the game right now (yes, it even beats the Para 9 and KAL-7), and it's still an automatic where you can just hold R1 down instead of rythmically tapping the button. That gun is now the most popular long gun in the game, and now you guys want the Micro to become the most popular pistol in the game, too. Seriously, what GIVES?

 

I know the Para 9 is great at blindfire. That's why I use it. Not because I'm some scrub who ignores the L1 button, but because I use an AK-47 which has poor blindfire accuracy, so I'll use a pistol with great blindfire accuracy. I use my pistol the way it's supposed to be used: as a secondary, when I'm running around an area with lots of corners and tight CQC. The Micro will never be as good at blindfiring as a KAL-7 or Flynn's M9 will be. The Para 9 is currently the best solution for countering Flynn's M9/KAL-7 users without giving up my AK-47. Take that away and you have Flynn's M9 being even better than it already is now because it gets way, way less competition than it has now.

 

And now I have a question to ask you: did you make this thread because you got killed by too many Para 9 users, or because you are genuinely concerned for weapon balance? Because I bet you it's not because you are genuinely concerned for weapon balance. That's what G-MAL complainers were saying before it got nerfed to the ground and now we have a weapon that can kill as fast as the G-MAL, but has much less recoil and supreme blindfire accuracy and is automatic. Apparently people are okay with that, though, so that's confirmed to me that G-MAL complainers (for the most part) were not concerned about weapon balance, they wanted one weapon that everyone migrated towards to be nerfed. Now that everyone's migrated to one particular automatic, they're fine with that even though they previously said "I just don't want there to be a go-to weapon that's better than every other gun in the game". Yeah, that is a load of bull.

 

As it stands now, none of the pistols are really that good for aiming (not even the Para 9). You can get a kill with a Para 9 while aiming, but because of the recoil and laggy hit detection you'll have to hit a target that isn't moving and count your shots or else you end up firing way more bullets than you need to just to make sure you kill your target. The Raffica, Micro, and Para 9 are really only good with blindfire, as much as I hate to say it. I blame it on the recoil on the Micro and Para 9 and the low damage/clip size of the Raffica. So once you nerf the Para 9 more people will migrate to Sully's Arm Micro, but I'm sure you'll all love that because an automatic weapon that excels at blindfire and you can just hold down R1 with being a go-to weapon is way more balanced than a semi-automatic weapon being a go-to weapon, to the kiddies who play this game at least.

 

Anyways, ND's not going to nerf the Para 9 (or any other gun in the game). It's been almost a year since the Subway beta came out, you had a year to complain about it as much as you complained about the G-MAL, but now it's too late. ND doesn't want to constantly change the weapons after release (they were very hesitant with the FAL-SS, G-MAL, and ROF M9 nerfs), and at this point I think they're done with nerfing/buffing weapons. Maybe they'll nerf blindfire as a whole as well as aim assist, but that's not very likely this much after release, either. Time to focus on technical issues.

 

One last thing: when it comes to complaining about Flynn's M9, I missed the train, too. I didn't know how disgusting that gun was until recently and if only I brought it up to ND before the multiplayer turned a year old, it could be a little bit different. I don't think ND will nerf Flynn's M9, and obviously that sucks for me, but you don't see me making whole threads begging them to nerf it when I know they won't. It's a waste of time to complain about, much like buffing/nerfing any other specific pistol or long gun. I'm betting the farm on it: ND's not going to tweak the loadout weapons anymore, unless they give an aim assist/blindfire lock-on nerf across the board. I'll make it clear I detest Flynn's M9 users, but I'll let them have their fun with their cheap kills.

Message 51 of 119 (285 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 09/21/2012
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Para-9

Sep 25, 2012

They're not complaining about this handgun needing to be nerfed, calling it overpowered, but they're talking about the handguns we have there with this one. Let's leave this handgun like it is, but change something about the others. The Arm-Micro is too underpowered, as I think, I just had one battle between me, the Para, and the Arm-Micro and I won because I had to use three bullets and then melee. The Arm-Micro could be effective, but I'm used to knowing how many bullets I need to blindfire into the opponent and this makes it better for me, but about the Arm-Micro, I'm not sure about that. What happened is, I had to blindfire the Arm-Micro and I wasted some bullets, meleed and the opponent survived, but for people who know more about it, it could be very effective. Let's go over the Raffica and the Tau-Sniper. The Raffica is very effective, I used it once or twice and it worked, but sometimes you just need more damage on your bullets. The bullets don't come out quickly, but you still need to fire more bullets and that's what makes it underpowered sometimes. Higher damage is what we need, I think. The Tau-Sniper seriously needs something to be done about the aim. I can't aim like this, but hey, it looks like I'm the only person having this problem. 

 

Something for Southpaw: You're right about Flynn's M9, I hate this weapon. Had someone following me around, blindfiring me and he didn't even think about aiming. I was running away, didn't have anything to do (no grenades) and he followed me around. Who doesn't want the chance to aim at someone, but then quickly blindfire him without having to reload. I like to use Chloe's M9 or Jade M9. 

Message 52 of 119 (262 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/14/2011
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 25, 2012
G-mal kills were wayyy cheaper than flynn's M9's kills in my opinion.
That gun was discustingly overpowered that ND had to nerf it in 3 different ways.
But that's off topic...
Message 53 of 119 (244 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/12/2012
Offline
314 posts
 

Re: Para-9

Sep 25, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

lab_meister wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

Hahaha you have got to be kidding me. "Para 9 is OP!" Hahahahahaha. Oh god, this is a knee-slapper. I thought people would start complaining about a gun that has much more blindfire accuracy than a Para 9 without the jamming issues, like Flynn's M9, but I guess I was wrong. You guys REALLY want this game to be an automatics-fest, do you? Isn't it already enough that everyone uses an M9 (especially Flynn's), but now you want everyone to use a Micro, too?


Just... ugh. No. Stop it with the weapon tweaks. You had almost a whole year to complain about this. Leave everything as it is unless sniper weapons in general get an aim assist reduction and all weapons get a blindfire accuracy reduction. Specific nerfs which will only make people move on to a different weapon that gets labeled as a "tryhard" weapon? I don't think it's making any good progress for the community whatsoever.

Leave the Para 9 and all other weapons alone when it comes to buffs and nerfs.


Seriously?  I didn't say the Para-9 was overpowered as a general weapon.  I said it far outclassed the other pistols, in layman's terms it is overpowered compared to the Pistols. please don't take my post as some kind of nit-picking, actually read it before making a comment on why it is complete BS.


The Para 9 isn't OP in any sense of the word, even if you say it's just OP compared to the pistols instead of the general weapons.

 

Why do we want automatics to rule the game in nearly everything, anyways? Flynn's M9 is incredibly easy to aim and it's by far the best blindfire weapon in the game right now (yes, it even beats the Para 9 and KAL-7), and it's still an automatic where you can just hold R1 down instead of rythmically tapping the button. That gun is now the most popular long gun in the game, and now you guys want the Micro to become the most popular pistol in the game, too. Seriously, what GIVES?

 

I know the Para 9 is great at blindfire. That's why I use it. Not because I'm some scrub who ignores the L1 button, but because I use an AK-47 which has poor blindfire accuracy, so I'll use a pistol with great blindfire accuracy. I use my pistol the way it's supposed to be used: as a secondary, when I'm running around an area with lots of corners and tight CQC. The Micro will never be as good at blindfiring as a KAL-7 or Flynn's M9 will be. The Para 9 is currently the best solution for countering Flynn's M9/KAL-7 users without giving up my AK-47. Take that away and you have Flynn's M9 being even better than it already is now because it gets way, way less competition than it has now.

 

And now I have a question to ask you: did you make this thread because you got killed by too many Para 9 users, or because you are genuinely concerned for weapon balance? Because I bet you it's not because you are genuinely concerned for weapon balance. That's what G-MAL complainers were saying before it got nerfed to the ground and now we have a weapon that can kill as fast as the G-MAL, but has much less recoil and supreme blindfire accuracy and is automatic. Apparently people are okay with that, though, so that's confirmed to me that G-MAL complainers (for the most part) were not concerned about weapon balance, they wanted one weapon that everyone migrated towards to be nerfed. Now that everyone's migrated to one particular automatic, they're fine with that even though they previously said "I just don't want there to be a go-to weapon that's better than every other gun in the game". Yeah, that is a load of bull.

 

As it stands now, none of the pistols are really that good for aiming (not even the Para 9). You can get a kill with a Para 9 while aiming, but because of the recoil and laggy hit detection you'll have to hit a target that isn't moving and count your shots or else you end up firing way more bullets than you need to just to make sure you kill your target. The Raffica, Micro, and Para 9 are really only good with blindfire, as much as I hate to say it. I blame it on the recoil on the Micro and Para 9 and the low damage/clip size of the Raffica. So once you nerf the Para 9 more people will migrate to Sully's Arm Micro, but I'm sure you'll all love that because an automatic weapon that excels at blindfire and you can just hold down R1 with being a go-to weapon is way more balanced than a semi-automatic weapon being a go-to weapon, to the kiddies who play this game at least.

 

Anyways, ND's not going to nerf the Para 9 (or any other gun in the game). It's been almost a year since the Subway beta came out, you had a year to complain about it as much as you complained about the G-MAL, but now it's too late. ND doesn't want to constantly change the weapons after release (they were very hesitant with the FAL-SS, G-MAL, and ROF M9 nerfs), and at this point I think they're done with nerfing/buffing weapons. Maybe they'll nerf blindfire as a whole as well as aim assist, but that's not very likely this much after release, either. Time to focus on technical issues.

 

One last thing: when it comes to complaining about Flynn's M9, I missed the train, too. I didn't know how disgusting that gun was until recently and if only I brought it up to ND before the multiplayer turned a year old, it could be a little bit different. I don't think ND will nerf Flynn's M9, and obviously that sucks for me, but you don't see me making whole threads begging them to nerf it when I know they won't. It's a waste of time to complain about, much like buffing/nerfing any other specific pistol or long gun. I'm betting the farm on it: ND's not going to tweak the loadout weapons anymore, unless they give an aim assist/blindfire lock-on nerf across the board. I'll make it clear I detest Flynn's M9 users, but I'll let them have their fun with their cheap kills.


Well I actually do want weapon balance, but this isn't about me it's about a pistol and the other pistols it outclasses.  Your right the Para-9 is not overpowered.  However it is much more powerful than every other pistol.  That is an imbalance and creates an assymetry.  The other pistols could recieve a buff and it would balance it out significantly.  I also agree blindfire on automatics (especially the m9) is too high.  Just because I believe the Para-9 to be more powerful than the other pistols doesn't mean blindfire isn't a problem, I never said that.

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 54 of 119 (237 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/21/2012
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 25, 2012

This is what happened to all of the weapons in Uncharted and what's going to happen when we continue complaining about everything: FAL-SS nerfed - GMAL overused - GMAL nerfed - M9 overused - M9 nerfed - Para-9 overused (wich doesn't make sense, but the storys about the weapons that are overpowered also don't make sense) - Para-9 nerfed - AK overused - AK nerfed - FAL-SS overused - FAL-SS nerfed again - GMAL overused again - GMAL nerfed again - M9 overused again .. 

 

We just have to stop complaining about everything, I think .. :/

 

Message 55 of 119 (222 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Online
2179 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 25, 2012

Spaceass- wrote:

This is what happened to all of the weapons in Uncharted and what's going to happen when we continue complaining about everything: FAL-SS nerfed - GMAL overused - GMAL nerfed - M9 overused - M9 nerfed - Para-9 overused (wich doesn't make sense, but the storys about the weapons that are overpowered also don't make sense) - Para-9 nerfed - AK overused - AK nerfed - FAL-SS overused - FAL-SS nerfed again - GMAL overused again - GMAL nerfed again - M9 overused again .. 

 

We just have to stop complaining about everything, I think .. :/

 


Sadly thats how it is... But in response to that there is a way to fix it. Instead of always nerfing something, why don't they start buffing things to come onto the level with other weapons that don't need major nerfs. This would work well with the pistols and maybe even for long guns. I do know this idea was mentioned, just stating it again because its so bleepin good.

Message 56 of 119 (218 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 09/21/2012
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

 

Instead of nerfing the GMAL, we could have changed the other weapons and gave them a chance to survive against the GMAL. This would also make everything balanced. Let's say something that was on my mind about this: 

You're on a ladder with your friend and he's up there, but you're still down there .. instead of him having to go down until the two of you are together, you could also climb up for him and then the two of you are up there. Get what I'm saying? 

 

sorry for my English, my grammar sucks >: 

Message 57 of 119 (205 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/12/2012
Offline
314 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 26, 2012

Spaceass- wrote:

 

Instead of nerfing the GMAL, we could have changed the other weapons and gave them a chance to survive against the GMAL. This would also make everything balanced. Let's say something that was on my mind about this: 

You're on a ladder with your friend and he's up there, but you're still down there .. instead of him having to go down until the two of you are together, you could also climb up for him and then the two of you are up there. Get what I'm saying? 

 

sorry for my English, my grammar sucks >: 


The G-mal nerf was just stupid.  I understand the aim assist reduction, but the recoil just makes it less effective at longer ranges (which is it's purpose).  The G-mals problem was that it was able to stand up to the automatics at closer ranges.  They should have just added 1(note I said 1 and I mean 1) shot to kill at torso and kept it the same for the head (this might even validate headshots).  Recoil is bad for the G-mal, it's not as easily controlled on burst weapons.  It was a nerf on the wrong aspect.  I realize ignored most of your post and zeroed in on the G-mal part and I apoligize for that.

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 58 of 119 (185 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3236 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

Spaceass- wrote:

This is what happened to all of the weapons in Uncharted and what's going to happen when we continue complaining about everything: FAL-SS nerfed - GMAL overused - GMAL nerfed - M9 overused - M9 nerfed - Para-9 overused (wich doesn't make sense, but the storys about the weapons that are overpowered also don't make sense) - Para-9 nerfed - AK overused - AK nerfed - FAL-SS overused - FAL-SS nerfed again - GMAL overused again - GMAL nerfed again - M9 overused again .. 

 

We just have to stop complaining about everything, I think .. :/

 


Right because posting feedback here to help ND balance the game is totally a bad thing.

 

Would you rather we have UC3 in its day-1 form? Horribly overpowered blindfire, exploitable sprint, OP FAL and G-MAL, broken Quickboom and Shottie Kickbacks, the list goes on. The truth is the vast majority of constructive feedback, yes constructive feedback not "complaining", has helped UC3 become a far better game today than the disaster it launched as.

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 59 of 119 (181 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/08/2011
Offline
583 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 26, 2012

You really should try whack and rolling with the Tau sniper. You will be surprised at how easy it is to kill people.


 

BF3 Stats
My Youtube Channel--> http://www.youtube.com/user/WaffleMonster07?feature=mhee
Message 60 of 119 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes