Sep 24 2012
By: lab_meister Hekseville Citizen 314 posts

Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

[ Edited ]
118 replies 832 views Edited Sep 24, 2012

The Para-9 is the dominating pistol of the UC multiplayer.  It has blindfire accuracy, clipsize, accuracy, semi-consistent shooting, and a fast kill time (for pistols).  These qualities, which are very powerful alone, create a mega-pistol.  The other pistols, the Tau, Raffica, and Micro just can't compete with the para-9 as they only have a few of the perks it does.

• The Micro has blindfire accuracy and a solid clipsize but poor accuracy and fails to compete at anything but close range.  In comparison the para has blindfire accuracy solid clipsize and his able to hit targets at mid-range.

• The Raffica has a very solid accuracy rating and an ok blindfire accuracy but is deterred by it's small clipsize which is very limiting.  The para is just as accurate as the Raffica, has slightly better blindfire accuracy, and a good clipsize.

• The Tau is powerful with a solid accuracy rating, but has a low rate of fire and small ammo capacity.  The para is almost as accurate as the Tau and able to compete against it at pretty much any range due to it's superior clip size and higher rate of fire.

This is not to say that para is "overpowered," as a general weapon, but as a pistol it is, "overpowered."  It completly overshadows the other guns in it's categories. There are two routes that could be taken to fix this slight imbalance. We could either nerf the Para-9 or buff every other pistol.  I have a few suggestions on how to fix this:

• Lower the blindfire accuracy on the Para-9, it's already been endowed with godly accuracy it doesn't need to be as effective as an assault rifle in closer ranges.
  • Reduce the clipsize of the Para-9 by 2-3 bullets.  This would increase the usefullness of reload speed on the para and along with regular jamming bring the para down to the other pistol's level.
  • Shots should have a little less consistency and a little more spread (this would be in place of the other suggested solutions).

The other way would be to buff the other pistols, although nerfing is almost always better than buffing.  Here are few suggestions along these lines:

• Increase the clipsize of Raffica by 1-2 more bursts and give it a slight accuracy increase.
  • Give the Tau more max ammo and clipsize so that it can compete with the para at it's intended mid-long ranges.
  • Increase the accuracy on the Micro (and take out the RoF mod: it's so stupid)

These are my solutions to a slight game imbalance and I hope you took the time to read this incoherent wall of text.

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 1 of 119 (832 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: Para-9

Sep 24, 2012
Raffica FTW!!

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 2 of 119 (829 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Just remove the scope on the Tau, it would make it the best weapon.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 3 of 119 (827 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Sep 24, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:

I believe that is the Wes-44

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 4 of 119 (821 Views)
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Sep 24, 2012

I think pistols are fine in U3, they're supposed to be your secondery weapon after all...

lab_meister wrote:
  • Lower the blindfire accuracy on the Para-9, it's already been endowed with godly accuracy it doesn't need to be as effective as an assault rifle in closer ranges.

You're saying this because most players use Jade Para 9, and it has blindfire accurancy, no need to adjust it. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 119 (816 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

renatabls wrote:

I think pistols are fine in U3, they're supposed to be your secondery weapon after all...

lab_meister wrote:

You're saying this because most players use Jade Para 9, and it has blindfire accurancy, no need to adjust it. Smiley Wink

The standard blindfire accuracy for it is terrible (I mean terrible as in it's too strong), and since I can see the mods they have on when they kill me I know when they don't have blindfire accuracy on and when they do. When they don't it's competetive with a Micro, and when they do it has insane blindfire accuracy.

The Para9 needs FAL blindfire accuracy.

Message 6 of 119 (797 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 24, 2012

lab_meister wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

I believe that is the Wes-44

Exactly Smiley Very Happy

Best handgun in the game Smiley Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 7 of 119 (788 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1438 posts

Sep 24, 2012

lab_meister wrote:

The Para-9 is the dominating pistol of the UC multiplayer.  It has blindfire accuracy, clipsize, accuracy, semi-consistent shooting, and a fast kill time (for pistols).  These qualities, which are very powerful alone, create a mega-pistol.  The other pistols, the Tau, Raffica, and Micro just can't compete with the para-9 as they only have a few of the perks it does.

• The Micro has blindfire accuracy and a solid clipsize but poor accuracy and fails to compete at anything but close range.  In comparison the para has blindfire accuracy solid clipsize and his able to hit targets at mid-range.

• The Raffica has a very solid accuracy rating and an ok blindfire accuracy but is deterred by it's small clipsize which is very limiting.  The para is just as accurate as the Raffica, has slightly better blindfire accuracy, and a good clipsize.

• The Tau is powerful with a solid accuracy rating, but has a low rate of fire and small ammo capacity.  The para is almost as accurate as the Tau and able to compete against it at pretty much any range due to it's superior clip size and higher rate of fire.

This is not to say that para is "overpowered," as a general weapon, but as a pistol it is, "overpowered."  It completly overshadows the other guns in it's categories. There are two routes that could be taken to fix this slight imbalance. We could either nerf the Para-9 or buff every other pistol.  I have a few suggestions on how to fix this:

• Reduce the clipsize of the Para-9 by 2-3 bullets.  This would increase the usefullness of reload speed on the para and along with regular jamming bring the para down to the other pistol's level.
  • Shots should have a little less consistency and a little more spread (this would be in place of the other suggested solutions).

The other way would be to buff the other pistols, although nerfing is almost always better than buffing.  Here are few suggestions along these lines:

• Increase the clipsize of Raffica by 1-2 more bursts and give it a slight accuracy increase.
  • Give the Tau more max ammo and clipsize so that it can compete with the para at it's intended mid-long ranges.
  • Increase the accuracy on the Micro (and take out the RoF mod: it's so stupid)

These are my solutions to a slight game imbalance and I hope you took the time to read this incoherent wall of text.

The para is like the 92fs of uncharted 2.

My PS3 has YLOD -_-
Message 8 of 119 (767 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Sep 24, 2012

I use Drake's Para 9 because I don't like Jade's Para and it's the ony character para 9 I have

Message 9 of 119 (762 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1438 posts

Sep 24, 2012

fairytailced wrote:

I use Drake's Para 9 because I don't like Jade's Para and it's the ony character para 9 I have

That's what I use, along with Drake's Ak in one of my loadouts.

My PS3 has YLOD -_-
Message 10 of 119 (758 Views)
0 Likes