Fender Bender
3247 posts

Re: Para-9

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

lab_meister wrote:
That's a good point but at the same time even with those buffs the Para-9 would still be the "Jack-of-all-trades" among the pistols.  If you added those buffs and maybe decreased the BF accuracy on the Para-9 it ould fix this asymmetry.

I disagree. With the appropriate buffs, the other weapons would all fulfill their respective roles like they were originally intended. Observe my hypothesis:

• Micro V2: Low damage and excels in both blindfire and close-medium range while aimed, ideal for aggressive players
  • Raffica V2: Medium damage and high accuracy is offset by its burst fire rate, this will appeal to players with good aim [and fans of the G-MAL]
  • Tau V2: High damage with increased zoom ensures lethality at medium-long range but lacks blindfire effectiveness, for expert marksmans and fans of the snipers
  • Para-9: Low damage and a solid all around weapon that appeals to a wide variety of playstyles

That would be near-perfect pistol balance.

sanddude20 wrote:

Why are people here saying the micro needs an accuracy buff?

That gun is perfectly fine the way it is. It's aiming is hit or miss really, you shouldnt be able to get mid to long range kills with it, it is a close range gun after all. If the aim was tightened on that, it may be OP in my opinion, especially with RoF on... sounds similar to another gun.

The Para might be a great gun, but I still realize the micro being used just as much as that gun. It is the other 2 pistols that need work.

No, it has high recoil making it a waste of time to use while aimed. Honestly, if you're in range to attempt firing the Micro OTS then you're actually far better off sprinting up to your enemy to let the game aim for you. Therein lies the problem. 

No one's asking for it to be made into a laser, just that it needs a more consistent hop or simply less kick.

Message 41 of 119 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 25, 2012

Its good but not unbeatable. Besides there are only 4 differnt types of pistols and two of are as useless as trying to **bleep** on someone.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 42 of 119 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Re: Para-9

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

lab_meister wrote:
That's a good point but at the same time even with those buffs the Para-9 would still be the "Jack-of-all-trades" among the pistols.  If you added those buffs and maybe decreased the BF accuracy on the Para-9 it ould fix this asymmetry.

I disagree. With the appropriate buffs, the other weapons would all fulfill their respective roles like they were originally intended. Observe my hypothesis:

• Micro V2: Low damage and excels in both blindfire and close-medium range while aimed, ideal for aggressive players
  • Raffica V2: Medium damage and high accuracy is offset by its burst fire rate, this will appeal to players with good aim [and fans of the G-MAL]
  • Tau V2: High damage with increased zoom ensures lethality at medium-long range but lacks blindfire effectiveness, for expert marksmans and fans of the snipers
  • Para-9: Low damage and a solid all around weapon that appeals to a wide variety of playstyles

That would be near-perfect pistol balance.

sanddude20 wrote:

Why are people here saying the micro needs an accuracy buff?

That gun is perfectly fine the way it is. It's aiming is hit or miss really, you shouldnt be able to get mid to long range kills with it, it is a close range gun after all. If the aim was tightened on that, it may be OP in my opinion, especially with RoF on... sounds similar to another gun.

The Para might be a great gun, but I still realize the micro being used just as much as that gun. It is the other 2 pistols that need work.

No, it has high recoil making it a waste of time to use while aimed. Honestly, if you're in range to attempt firing the Micro OTS then you're actually far better off sprinting up to your enemy to let the game aim for you. Therein lies the problem. 

No one's asking for it to be made into a laser, just that it needs a more consistent hop or simply less kick.

I just say add an accuracy MOD to it, same with all the RoF weapons. Then people might experiment with that. Instead of being blindfire fucks and using RoF and droping a dadypain on everyone. 

Message 43 of 119 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7074 posts

Sep 25, 2012

lol am I the only one here who sees absolutely nothing wrong with the micro?

I've mained that pistol forever, and I see nothing wrong with it at all. It's not the most accurate thing ever I know, but it is decent enough to where aimed kills are possible and sometimes.

It really does not need to be anymore accurate than it is. The only problem with pistols in my eyes, is that the raffica is still useless and the Tau still has like no ammo in it.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 44 of 119 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Sep 25, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

lol am I the only one here who sees absolutely nothing wrong with the micro?

I've mained that pistol forever, and I see nothing wrong with it at all. It's not the most accurate thing ever I know, but it is decent enough to where aimed kills are possible and sometimes.

It really does not need to be anymore accurate than it is. The only problem with pistols in my eyes, is that the raffica is still useless and the Tau still has like no ammo in it.

No. Talbot's Micro= second best gun in the game.

Message 45 of 119 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I'm not complaining about it, too, but it's overpowered compared to the Arm-Micro. Sometimes, people start using their handgun to blindfire me, but what's weird about that, they have their M9 ready. They switch, because they know that this handgun is better for this situation. Why would I use the Arm-Micro, wich wouldn't help me, because whenever I pick something up and I have to aim my handgun, it's useless, when I can use the Para-9 and aim and blindfire with it. Just saying. 

Message 46 of 119 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 25, 2012
Replace thë Para 9 with a banana.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 47 of 119 (146 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 25, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
Replace thë Para 9 with a banana.

Exactly! Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 119 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 25, 2012
While the para 9 definetly needs it hipfire accuracy reduced, I think all weapons needs a blindfire reduction. It has gotten ridiculous.
If you nerf other aspects of the Para 9 to make it balanced with the other pistols, it will be useless, just like the TAU and the Raffica. I don't think this is what you want. So reduce hipfire on all weapons, and buff the others
Voila, you get pistol balance
Message 49 of 119 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I actually think Raffica and Tau are underpowered, NOT that Para is overpowered.

AND (to everyone discussing about it), if its blindfire accuracy is decreased, ROF mod for Micro NEEDS to go. I guess you don't want to find yourself in a ROF Micro fest.

Anyway, BF accuracy doesn't bother me since it is a secondary weapon and you got to switch to it.. who cares about that with ROF M9 around? 7/10 players use ROF M9. You don't need a Jade Para.

Para shouldn't have FAL's BF accuracy. It would be pointless. Think about it: Is it easier to blindfire a 9mm or a combat rifle?

0 Likes