Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/29/2009
Offline
1434 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 26, 2012

para9opplsnerf.jpg



Message 61 of 119 (254 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
6452 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

Since the community is a joke now anyways, I'll just be up front and say that the blindfire on the Para9 is stupidly strong.

 

If you think it's blindfire is fine you either:

  • Only play Co-op
  • Only play oblivious noobs
  • Think people actually aimed when they blindfired you
  • Are laggy and immune to bullets
  • A huge blindfire abuser whenever you get within 10 feet of someone
  • Or completely ****ing oblivious

That's just the way it is. If you don't agree please challenge me to a 1v1, so then I can add you to my ignore list and never have to deal with you.

 

The majority of this community doesn't know **** about balance.

Message 62 of 119 (241 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Since the community is a joke now anyways, I'll just be up front and say that the blindfire on the Para9 is stupidly strong.

 

If you think it's blindfire is fine you either:

  • Only play Co-op
  • Only play oblivious noobs
  • Think people actually aimed when they blindfired you
  • Are laggy and immune to bullets
  • A huge blindfire abuser whenever you get within 10 feet of someone
  • Or completely ****ing oblivious

That's just the way it is. If you don't agree please challenge me to a 1v1, so then I can add you to my ignore list and never have to deal with you.

 

The majority of this community doesn't know **** about balance.


I'll take "none of the above", Alex.

 

Blindfire in general in this game is not fine. The Para 9 is not the only one, but it seems you guys (the ones who don't know **** about balance) want this to be an automatics-fest. Why not say "nerf blindfire" instead of "nerf one gun's blindfire"? And you say you know better about balance than the majority of the community.

Message 63 of 119 (224 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
6452 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:


xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Since the community is a joke now anyways, I'll just be up front and say that the blindfire on the Para9 is stupidly strong.

 

If you think it's blindfire is fine you either:

  • Only play Co-op
  • Only play oblivious noobs
  • Think people actually aimed when they blindfired you
  • Are laggy and immune to bullets
  • A huge blindfire abuser whenever you get within 10 feet of someone
  • Or completely ****ing oblivious

That's just the way it is. If you don't agree please challenge me to a 1v1, so then I can add you to my ignore list and never have to deal with you.

 

The majority of this community doesn't know **** about balance.


I'll take "none of the above", Alex.

 

Blindfire in general in this game is not fine. The Para 9 is not the only one, but it seems you guys (the ones who don't know **** about balance want this to be an automatics-fest. Why not say "nerf blindfire" instead of "nerf one gun's blindfire"? And you say you know better about balance than the majority of the community.


"None of the above" isn't an answer. If it was I would have put it there.

 

I don't want this to be an automatic fest. Personally I think semi-autos should have an advantage over autos because of the inherent extra effort and timing involved in there use. The FAL is actually my favorite gun, and the Para9, Tau, and Raffica are my favorite pistols with the Micro being my least favorite. Despite that my personal preferences don't factor into balance. Balance is not giving the best aimed pistol amazing blindfire accuracy as well. That's the opposite of balanced. If the Para9 were balanced it would have blindfire akin to a FAL.

 

Also, I have been the biggest supporter of nerfing all blindfire in the history of this uncharted 3 community. Please find someone who has made more diverse threads than me all about blindfire.

 

I've made threads about the dual aiming system of blindfire, the stopping power of blindfire, the strong lock on of blindfire, the jumping blindfire, and almost never passed up a chance to point out how broken the concept of blindfire is when it has "blind" in the name and yet is extremely accurate and locks on. Recalling the name of one of my threads, it was "The more I play this game the more I hate blindfire."

 

Here's links to two of my blindfire threads in case you somehow missed them:

Please tell me more about how I don't ask for blindfire to be changed.

Message 64 of 119 (215 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/21/2012
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 26, 2012
tripleWRECK wrote:

Spaceass- wrote:

This is what happened to all of the weapons in Uncharted and what's going to happen when we continue complaining about everything: FAL-SS nerfed - GMAL overused - GMAL nerfed - M9 overused - M9 nerfed - Para-9 overused (wich doesn't make sense, but the storys about the weapons that are overpowered also don't make sense) - Para-9 nerfed - AK overused - AK nerfed - FAL-SS overused - FAL-SS nerfed again - GMAL overused again - GMAL nerfed again - M9 overused again .. 

 

We just have to stop complaining about everything, I think .. :/

 


Right because posting feedback here to help ND balance the game is totally a bad thing.

 

Would you rather we have UC3 in its day-1 form? Horribly overpowered blindfire, exploitable sprint, OP FAL and G-MAL, broken Quickboom and Shottie Kickbacks, the list goes on. The truth is the vast majority of constructive feedback, yes constructive feedback not "complaining", has helped UC3 become a far better game today than the disaster it launched as.


Feedback helped them balance Uncharted already and I'm not complaining about that, but can't you leave the weapons like they are now and concentrate on other issues for Uncharted? Whenever we give them feedback on changing one weapon, they overkill it and everyone ignores this weapon. Happened to the FAL-SS and now to the GMAL. They deserved to be nerfed because they were used everywhere and we didn't have a chance against them, but now, I think, the weapons are balanced. Sure, you're right, feedback helped them balance Uncharted and that's the reason why were on the forums, but there are many people complaining about weapons and everything and that was meant for them.

I btw don't think that they should change anything on the Para-9 because it doesn't deserve to be nerfed, but how about the issue that makes the Para-9 'overpowered'? Blindfire. The blindfire should be nerfed, not only for the Para-9, but for everything. 

I 'm a subscriber and I really like your videos. Smiley Happy 

Message 65 of 119 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/30/2012
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 26, 2012
The blindfire issue has been around far too long. Most of my online friends don't even play uncharted anymore because of the hings that never get fixed :'(

I love this game, but i would trade on all the customization and dumb color options to have better gameplay
Message 66 of 119 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 26, 2012

Spaceass- wrote:

Feedback helped them balance Uncharted already and I'm not complaining about that, but can't you leave the weapons like they are now and concentrate on other issues for Uncharted? Whenever we give them feedback on changing one weapon, they overkill it and everyone ignores this weapon. Happened to the FAL-SS and now to the GMAL. They deserved to be nerfed because they were used everywhere and we didn't have a chance against them, but now, I think, the weapons are balanced. Sure, you're right, feedback helped them balance Uncharted and that's the reason why were on the forums, but there are many people complaining about weapons and everything and that was meant for them.

I btw don't think that they should change anything on the Para-9 because it doesn't deserve to be nerfed, but how about the issue that makes the Para-9 'overpowered'? Blindfire. The blindfire should be nerfed, not only for the Para-9, but for everything. 

I 'm a subscriber and I really like your videos. Smiley Happy 


I understand what you're saying, and I actually agree. Overall, the weapons are pretty well balanced in relation to how they used to be. Perfect? Far from it, but the worst of the problems have thankfully been ironed out (even if some did take forever). I actually believe the G-MAL is arguably still the best weapon in the game in the right hands with the FAL being quite deadly once mastered as well.

 

Para-9 doesn't need to be changed at all, the other pistols need buffs (as I outlined earlier in this discussion). Blindfire in general needs massive re-evaluation but I doubt we'll see any of that in UC3, more likely in UC4.

 

Thanks! :]

Message 67 of 119 (175 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/21/2012
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

The GMAL is effective, still, but what I don't like about the GMAL is that you'll have to leave opponents who aren't near you now. It doesn't work with the recoil added to the GMAL, wich made the weapon even more fantastic for gunfights between you and your opponent. Who wants to continue using the GMAL, shouldn't use anything other than the GMAL with Accuracy because that's what makes the difference now. The FAL still works fantastic, but I'm not used to the FAL because I'm running around with the AK and Chloe's M9, wich means that I'm not used to this 'recoil' or whatever that is. 

 

Agreed. The Para-9 isn't overpowered, but the other pistols are underpowered, wich makes the Para-9 overused. Everything should have one situation to be effective for. The Arm-Micro should be better than the Para-9 because the only reason behind using the Arm-Micro is blindfiring. The Raffica, I'm using it sometimes and it works, but it seriously needs more damage. You'll have to follow your enemy around, hitting every one of your bullet until your enemy dies. It's weak. The Tau-Sniper is effective, after they changed the RoF, but I still can't aim it because this zoom makes it hard for me. Blindfiring the Tau-Sniper isn't hard and only needs you two bullets with RoF on, but the Blindfire Accuracy isn't fantastic. You'll have to shoot twice, melee and the enemy will sometimes die, but it depends on your luck, since the accuracy isn't very .. well ..

Message 68 of 119 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:


xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Since the community is a joke now anyways, I'll just be up front and say that the blindfire on the Para9 is stupidly strong.

 

If you think it's blindfire is fine you either:

  • Only play Co-op
  • Only play oblivious noobs
  • Think people actually aimed when they blindfired you
  • Are laggy and immune to bullets
  • A huge blindfire abuser whenever you get within 10 feet of someone
  • Or completely ****ing oblivious

That's just the way it is. If you don't agree please challenge me to a 1v1, so then I can add you to my ignore list and never have to deal with you.

 

The majority of this community doesn't know **** about balance.


I'll take "none of the above", Alex.

 

Blindfire in general in this game is not fine. The Para 9 is not the only one, but it seems you guys (the ones who don't know **** about balance want this to be an automatics-fest. Why not say "nerf blindfire" instead of "nerf one gun's blindfire"? And you say you know better about balance than the majority of the community.


"None of the above" isn't an answer. If it was I would have put it there.

 

I don't want this to be an automatic fest. Personally I think semi-autos should have an advantage over autos because of the inherent extra effort and timing involved in there use. The FAL is actually my favorite gun, and the Para9, Tau, and Raffica are my favorite pistols with the Micro being my least favorite. Despite that my personal preferences don't factor into balance. Balance is not giving the best aimed pistol amazing blindfire accuracy as well. That's the opposite of balanced. If the Para9 were balanced it would have blindfire akin to a FAL.

 

Also, I have been the biggest supporter of nerfing all blindfire in the history of this uncharted 3 community. Please find someone who has made more diverse threads than me all about blindfire.

 

I've made threads about the dual aiming system of blindfire, the stopping power of blindfire, the strong lock on of blindfire, the jumping blindfire, and almost never passed up a chance to point out how broken the concept of blindfire is when it has "blind" in the name and yet is extremely accurate and locks on. Recalling the name of one of my threads, it was "The more I play this game the more I hate blindfire."

 

Here's links to two of my blindfire threads in case you somehow missed them:

Please tell me more about how I don't ask for blindfire to be changed.


1. I don't care, I'm taking "none of the ***bleep*** above" because I don't feel like the Para 9's blindfire should be nerfed while every other gun's blindfire is left alone. Are you ***bleep*** crazy? I'll use the Para 9 because it's the only pistol in the game that can go up against Flynn's M9 in a blindfire fight and possibly win, unlike the Micro and Raffica. Whether the Para 9 gets nerfed or not, the Micro and Raffica will never be as good as Flynn's M9 unless they get buffed or blindfire in general gets nerfed. Affecting one gun isn't going to "balance" anything, if anything it'll make the already disgusting weapons even more powerful because they get less competition in blindfire than they already have.

 

2. The Para 9 is the best pistol for aiming, sure... but that isn't saying much. The bouncy recoil and laggy hit-detection makes it take way more than six bullets to kill an enemy half the time, and the Para 9 only has enough ammo for ten kills max (twenty if you just steel-fist). All the pistols suck for aiming, in my opinion.

 

As for not wanting the game to be an automatics-fest, that may be the case, but every nerf on the semi-automatics has a ripple effect which makes the automatics slightly better. You see, when the G-MAL got nerfed into the ground in 1.13 and made completely useless at range, the AK-47, M9, and KAL-7 got indirectly buffed. But the thing is if that happens to the Para 9 then everyone will migrate to the Micro for a pistol just like how everyone migrated to using the M9 after the G-MAL nerf. I am telling you, nerf the Para 9 and soon nobody will be using a semi-automatic pistol because the Para 9's still a garbage pistol for aiming because of the godawful recoil and hit-detection.

 

3. Cool story. Now why are you in a thread supporting a blindfire nerf for one gun instead of for every gun? Blindfire is getting simply ridiculous. Last night I got hit by two blindfired Tau shots in a row (I still lived LMAO), and I got hit by one blindfired Dragon shot (still lived). Blindfire lock-on is getting over-the-top now, yet for some reason when I blindfire a Mag-5 while putting the aim dot on an enemy, I miraculously miss every single shot so I die, even though everyone else can steelfist me with it on their first Mag shot.

 

It's luck-based. That's all there pretty much is to this multiplayer now. Luck. Frequently I get unlucky in blindfiring situations. Frequently I get unlucky with rolling to dodge melee. Frequently I get unlucky with laggy ledge meleers that Jedi-pull me up back to a ledge I just dropped from so they can kick me off. Frequently I get unlucky to bullets that curve around walls to kill me. Frequently I get unlucky with enemies choosing to RPG me than any nearby teammates of mine.

 

In Uncharted 4, Naughty Dog better go above and beyond the call of duty to kill lag. If U4 continues the tradition of Uncharted MP having overpowered blindfire lock-on like in the previous two games, I won't care so long as lag is fixed. But, it would be nice if blindfire had zero lock-on and was all based on putting the center of your screen on an opponent while blindfiring. Oh, and I'd like it if people don't get to pull RPGs and Quick Boom out of their asses when I'm in a gunfight with them.

 

Sorry if I'm just coming across as **bleep**, but the last two hours I played U3 last night was some of the most agonizing, terrible, unlucky, laggy, bullshit hours I have played in a long time and I'm still **bleep** about them. I hate finishing a U3 session after a terrible game but it seems that's the norm nowadays.

 

edit: profanity removed

Message 69 of 119 (148 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

Sep 26, 2012

I have to agree with South. Para's the only thing stopping the M9 (why the hell Flynn's M9, though?)

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 70 of 119 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes