Jan 20 2013
By: Nanashi707 Wastelander 521 posts
Accepted Solution

Party Toggle

[ Edited ]
20 replies 385 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

Has this ever been suggested? Like DLC toggle, but so you don't run into parties of 5 or 4 when you're playing by yourself.

Cutter
Message 1 of 21 (385 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Party Toggle

Jan 20, 2013

That would split the player pool even further... the DLC toggle was a bad idea in the first place (DLC maps should always be free).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 2 of 21 (367 Views)
Wastelander
521 posts

Jan 20, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

That would split the player pool even further... the DLC toggle was a bad idea in the first place

It would, but consider that as soon as you "find players" you're done finding and good to go because it's always 5 vs 5.

tapantaola wrote:

(DLC maps should always be free).

Amen to that.

Cutter
Message 3 of 21 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Jan 20, 2013
The only toggle I want is the PING toggle! On: I find people with good ping to me/host. Off: just find anyone quick.

Of course, I already have this. My matchmaking method is as close to a ping toggle as this game will ever see.
Message 4 of 21 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Then I guess you don't need it. But facing parties of five aligned with low level randoms is pretty **bleep**.

And there is no solution.

But hey, I'm not going on a crusade wth this, like I have in the past. It's just an idea which I wanted to see if it would go over well with the forums.

Cutter
Message 5 of 21 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

Then I guess you don't need it. But facing parties of five aligned with low level randoms is pretty **bleep**.

But hey, I'm not going on a crusade wth this, like I have in the past. It's just an idea which I wanted to see if it would go over well with the forums.

It's so annoying having a TDM(or any match really) where it's 5 5th legacied people vs you and a bunch of 1-10 ranked people. I know rank doesn't matter but in my situation, every low ranked player wasn't very good.

Message 6 of 21 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Jan 20, 2013

hardyz-wont_DIE wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

It's so annoying having a TDM(or any match really) where it's 5 5th legacied people vs you and a bunch of 1-10 ranked people. I know rank doesn't matter but in my situation, every low ranked player wasn't very good.

When this toggle is added in the game I stop playing. I like playing with friends but with this toggle it would be impossible to find a match as a party. And when you're playing with 2 people you always get up against parties. Besides the match only starts when it got either 6, 8 or 10 players which is a lot harder to form with parties.

Not even talking about the fact that the game would be DESTROYED for casual splitscreeners that will only find killer parties.

I know I'm acting like everyone that plays solo would turn it off, but in fact everyone who knows about this setting would turn it off right away when they play solo.

Message 7 of 21 (309 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Jan 20, 2013
@Nanashi707 it requests like yours that gave us the current 1.15 matchmaking. They made legacy/level a serious consideration. Going any further would render the game unplayable around 75% of the time instead of the 25%-50% I feel it is now.

Just take the high level party as a opportunity, a challenge to impress them and/or ruin at least 1 players match. Or just quit.
Message 8 of 21 (306 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

hardyz-wont_DIE wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

When this toggle is added in the game I stop playing. I like playing with friends but with this toggle it would be impossible to find a match as a party. And when you're playing with 2 people you always get up against parties. Besides the match only starts when it got either 6, 8 or 10 players which is a lot harder to form with parties.

Not even talking about the fact that the game would be DESTROYED for casual splitscreeners that will only find killer parties.

I know I'm acting like everyone that plays solo would turn it off, but in fact everyone who knows about this setting would turn it off right away when they play solo.

I agree with you. I was mostly venting how annoying it is getting unfair teams due to full parties lol. Adding this toggle would split the player pool even more and it'd take longer to find matches(esecially if you're in a party). It's a nice idea at first but once you take everything into consideration, it wouldn't be so good.

Message 9 of 21 (305 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

hardyz-wont_DIE wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

Yeah, it would be as disastrous as a late join toggle.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 21 (299 Views)
0 Likes