Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
499 posts

Re: Party Toggle

Jan 20, 2013
Talk about an assault. I think the thing is people just don't play Uncharted as much as they used to, and so you're more likely to run into parties in general. Which is why about nine out of ten times my lobby ends up with parties. I guess I'm just gonna have to find something else to do with my time.
Cutter
Message 11 of 21 (177 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3642 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Get more friends. Send me a friend request.

Don't quit. Quitters never win :smileywink:
Message 12 of 21 (162 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Jan 20, 2013
I wasn't being serious :smileytongue: but I'll still send that FR.

As for parties, I'll just have to deal with it.
Cutter
Message 13 of 21 (155 Views)
Survivor
2221 posts

Jan 20, 2013

hardyz-wont_DIE wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

hardyz-wont_DIE wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

Then I guess you don't need it. But facing parties of five aligned with low level randoms is pretty **bleep**.

And there is no solution.

But hey, I'm not going on a crusade wth this, like I have in the past. It's just an idea which I wanted to see if it would go over well with the forums.

It's so annoying having a TDM(or any match really) where it's 5 5th legacied people vs you and a bunch of 1-10 ranked people. I know rank doesn't matter but in my situation, every low ranked player wasn't very good.

When this toggle is added in the game I stop playing. I like playing with friends but with this toggle it would be impossible to find a match as a party. And when you're playing with 2 people you always get up against parties. Besides the match only starts when it got either 6, 8 or 10 players which is a lot harder to form with parties.

Not even talking about the fact that the game would be DESTROYED for casual splitscreeners that will only find killer parties.

I know I'm acting like everyone that plays solo would turn it off, but in fact everyone who knows about this setting would turn it off right away when they play solo.

I agree with you. I was mostly venting how annoying it is getting unfair teams due to full parties lol. Adding this toggle would split the player pool even more and it'd take longer to find matches(esecially if you're in a party). It's a nice idea at first but once you take everything into consideration, it wouldn't be so good.

A lot of people say that because of the frustration they feel when they get matched up against parties. but when they think further most agree that it's not a good idea. I understand this is unbalanced but there is no real way to fix this. Unless you take out the party system itself but thats a very very bad idea.

Signature02.png

Message 14 of 21 (139 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

Has this ever been suggested? Like DLC toggle, but so you don't run into parties of 5 or 4 when you're playing by yourself.

KUDOS

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 15 of 21 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

Then I guess you don't need it. But facing parties of five aligned with low level randoms is pretty **bleep**.

But hey, I'm not going on a crusade wth this, like I have in the past. It's just an idea which I wanted to see if it would go over well with the forums.

ya its completely not fair, you already know you are gonna lose before the games starts, thats BS. i wish there was a toggle button the game would be more fun especially when you are alone

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 16 of 21 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2221 posts

Jan 20, 2013
@despur4do

No it would suck for the reasons we just mentioned.

Signature02.png

Message 17 of 21 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13620 posts

Jan 20, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

hardyz-wont_DIE wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

It's so annoying having a TDM(or any match really) where it's 5 5th legacied people vs you and a bunch of 1-10 ranked people. I know rank doesn't matter but in my situation, every low ranked player wasn't very good.

When this toggle is added in the game I stop playing. I like playing with friends but with this toggle it would be impossible to find a match as a party. And when you're playing with 2 people you always get up against parties. Besides the match only starts when it got either 6, 8 or 10 players which is a lot harder to form with parties.

Not even talking about the fact that the game would be DESTROYED for casual splitscreeners that will only find killer parties.

I know I'm acting like everyone that plays solo would turn it off, but in fact everyone who knows about this setting would turn it off right away when they play solo.

Yeah, it would be as disastrous as a late join toggle.

Late join is horrifying, no matter what the game it's included in.

Also known as the free loss feature.

I totally understand playing against a team of 1 is boring. But it's not half as bad as handing out thousands of free losses to players who more than likely don't even want to late join matches.

They should have just ramped up the penalty system to prevent teams quittng. Preferred KDR and Money punishments, not related to level though unless ND wish to strap away this stupid matchmaking for future games.

Message 18 of 21 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Splitting the player pool :smileyvery-happy: Just what we need man! 

/sarcasm

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 19 of 21 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

hardyz-wont_DIE wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

Yeah, it would be as disastrous as a late join toggle.

Late join is horrifying, no matter what the game it's included in.

Also known as the free loss feature.

I totally understand playing against a team of 1 is boring. But it's not half as bad as handing out thousands of free losses to players who more than likely don't even want to late join matches.

They should have just ramped up the penalty system to prevent teams quittng. Preferred KDR and Money punishments, not related to level though unless ND wish to strap away this stupid matchmaking for future games.

That's why I've said countless of times already that late join games should not affect your WLR. :smileyhappy:

Too bad that ND refuses to listen to sensible feedback, unless they can make more money with it... hmmm, maybe they should release a DLC for that (no wins/losses for late join games for $0.99). :smileywink:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 20 of 21 (93 Views)
0 Likes