Apr 01 2013
By: Da_Almighty_Guy PlayStation MVP 16980 posts

Patch 1.18 Deploying April 2nd

[ Edited ]
42 replies 2549 views Edited Apr 1, 2013

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_118_notes

"We're kicking off the Easter week with a glimpse of what we have in store for all of you. We've heard some complaints over the course of Uncharted 3's lifetime and we wanted to make the most appropriate changes to the game."

Available: Globally - April 2, 2013 before 6:30pm PST.

GAMEPLAY

• Fixed a number of exploits that have been present in the game
  • The M9's blindfire accuracy has been reduced by 5% for better overall balance
  • The aim assist on the Dragon Sniper has been reduced to remedy the "sticky aiming" problems we have heard from the community
  • In Team Objective, the Marked Man is now properly chosen if there are players joining. The Marked Man can no longer be a player that is joining a game.

TOURNAMENT

• Fixed an issue with the game freezing because of an overabundance of items in the Tiers menu of the Tournament section
  • At 10 Platinum tier wins, the player will now have all tournament rewards unlocked permanently
  • Changed the way Tournament points are calculated. The player will now receive a bonus of 1,000 points if they win the game. The points calculated from kills, deaths, and assists are now unaffected by winning or losing a match.

TECHNICAL FIXES

• Fixes to matchmaking to avoid party splits
  • Addressed several recurrent bugs

"Last but not least, deploying with this patch is a Double Cash Week AND a Rare Treasure Drop Week! Starting April 2nd at around 6:30pm PST, players will receive double the cash they normally obtain AND have a greater chance to find rare treasures. This event will last for one week, ending on Tuesday, April 9, at around 6:30pm PST."

"Happy fortune hunting!"

Discuss. I'm surprised that they actually did quite a lot of what they did here.

Spoiler
April Fools How'd I do? :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 43 (2,549 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4811 posts

Re: Patch 1.18 Deploying April 2nd

Apr 1, 2013
Awesome!! Thanks for the info!!
 photo nikemurphdawg_zps66fe1e36.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 43 (2,543 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4811 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Dang it pressed "post" too fast. Meant to put "/April Fools"
 photo nikemurphdawg_zps66fe1e36.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 43 (2,539 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2499 posts

Apr 1, 2013

A bit obvious once I saw the date. :smileyhappy:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 43 (2,537 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013
Oh wow, that's actually a really good patch, it doesn't cover some of the huge issues, but at least they are listening to people for once. Props to ND, good job.

Even the Tournament updates are good, I was going to skip over them but it's great to see it's not going to be as much of a gamble. And everything unlocked for 10 Platinum tiers? I may actually take part now.

Edit: LOL you got me, nicely written, but back to me hating ND though.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 43 (2,523 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2177 posts

Apr 1, 2013

tumblr_loxnavo6fA1qzhvg4o1_500.gif

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 43 (2,512 Views)
Fender Bender
2809 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_118_notes

"We're kicking off the Easter week with a glimpse of what we have in store for all of you. We've heard some complaints over the course of Uncharted 3's lifetime and we wanted to make the most appropriate changes to the game."

Available: Globally - April 2, 2013 before 6:30pm PST.

GAMEPLAY

• Fixed a number of exploits that have been present in the game
  • The M9's blindfire accuracy has been reduced by 5% for better overall balance
  • The aim assist on the Dragon Sniper has been reduced to remedy the "sticky aiming" problems we have heard from the community
  • In Team Objective, the Marked Man is now properly chosen if there are players joining. The Marked Man can no longer be a player that is joining a game.

TOURNAMENT

• Fixed an issue with the game freezing because of an overabundance of items in the Tiers menu of the Tournament section
  • At 10 Platinum tier wins, the player will now have all tournament rewards unlocked forever.
  • Changed the way Tournament points are calculated. The player will now receive a bonus of 1,000 points if they win the game. The points calculated from kills, deaths, and assists are now unaffected by winning or losing a match.

TECHNICAL FIXES

• Fixes to matchmaking to avoid party splits
  • Addressed several recurrent bugs

"Last but not least, deploying with this patch is a Double Cash Week AND a Rare Treasure Drop Week! Starting April 2nd at around 6:30pm PST, players will receive double the cash they normally obtain AND have a greater chance to find rare treasures. This event will last for one week, ending on Tuesday, April 9, at around 6:30pm PST."

"Happy fortune hunting!"

Discuss. I'm surprised that they actually did quite a lot of what they did here.

Spoiler
April Fools How'd I do? :smileytongue:

you got me there for a second xD

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 43 (2,503 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

Apr 1, 2013

As soon as I saw some actual real fixes I knew for sure that this was some kind of joke. And i was right. :smileyvery-happy: Oh wait... :smileysad:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 43 (2,497 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Apr 1, 2013

TOURNAMENT

• At 10 Platinum tier wins, the player will now have all tournament rewards unlocked forever.

*permanently

Not forever. Forever is casual.

Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 43 (2,494 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16980 posts

Apr 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

TOURNAMENT

*permanently

Not forever. Forever is casual.

Fine... But you know, sometimes "Naughty Dog" likes to be casual, ya know? Like how blindfire was geared more for casuals this entire time? :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 43 (2,480 Views)