Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Patch 1.18 notes are available!

Oct 30, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Anyone, please try the Raff. It has buffs. It's not THAT bad anymore, come on.

I got killed 4 times in one match from a Raffica. Now I know why. :smileylol:

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s :smileyhappy:
Message 61 of 143 (391 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Booster Slots are stupid in general.  You should be given access to all and get to choose any 2 you want.

Message 62 of 143 (380 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1245 posts

Oct 30, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

runner21 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:
If you could slot the boosters in anyway, where would you put them?

SLOT 1:

Fleet Foot

Cloaked

Regeneration

Scoped In

Weapon Expert

Endurance

Beast Mode

Revenge

Explosive Shell

Daredevil

Ammo Award

SLOT 2:

Let Me See

Power Hunter

Bargain

Kickback Endurance

Monkey Man

Treasure Hunter

Deposit

Back In The Saddle

Team Safe

Come Here

Explosive Expert

Reasoning:

I think that the two booster slots should be used as a "Primary" and "Secondary" booster slots. In other words, the second slot should be complimentary to the boosters in slot one. While working together is important in this list, balance still has a higher priority. The best (or most "powerful") Boosters were placed in Slot 1, and the "weaker" ones are in Slot 2. Most of the Slot 2 Boosters aren't active most of the time (Let Me See, Power Hunter, Kickback Endurance, Come Here) or don't effect the match (Treasure, Deposit, BitS). The other Boosters are just complimentary in nature (You can build a loudout around Scoped In, not Team Safe). This is a similar system to one semi-present in Uncharted 2. The colors of the boosters represented how they effected the player (For example, Green was movement). Players could use "complimentary" boosters by matching colors across the slots.

Let's not have Bargain and Kickback Endurance in two different slots.

Hm, I guess you're probably right. I edited my original post. What do you think of the rest of the list? Seem balanced?

Message 63 of 143 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
407 posts

Oct 30, 2013

ZOMBOB_ wrote:

Booster Slots are stupid in general.  You should be given access to all and get to choose any 2 you want.

Except that would be a terrible idea due to the ridiculously overpowered loadouts you could have.

Message 64 of 143 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Oct 30, 2013
I tried the FAL. I still suck with it :smileyvery-happy:

Loving this patch though. Dry Docks is fast and fun. I just hope that everyone eventually reads that opening message and downloads the dlc maps.
Message 65 of 143 (355 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Better late than never?  

Thanks ND, breathed some air into this dying flame...  Wish the same could be said on Uncharted 2 :smileysad:

Message 66 of 143 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1995 posts

Oct 30, 2013

runner21 wrote:

thedeviant105 wrote:

runner21 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:
If you could slot the boosters in anyway, where would you put them?

SLOT 1:

Fleet Foot

Cloaked

Regeneration

Scoped In

Weapon Expert

Endurance

Beast Mode

Revenge

Explosive Shell

Daredevil

Ammo Award

SLOT 2:

Let Me See

Power Hunter

Bargain

Kickback Endurance

Monkey Man

Treasure Hunter

Deposit

Back In The Saddle

Team Safe

Come Here

Explosive Expert

Reasoning:

I think that the two booster slots should be used as a "Primary" and "Secondary" booster slots. In other words, the second slot should be complimentary to the boosters in slot one. While working together is important in this list, balance still has a higher priority. The best (or most "powerful") Boosters were placed in Slot 1, and the "weaker" ones are in Slot 2. Most of the Slot 2 Boosters aren't active most of the time (Let Me See, Power Hunter, Kickback Endurance, Come Here) or don't effect the match (Treasure, Deposit, BitS). The other Boosters are just complimentary in nature (You can build a loudout around Scoped In, not Team Safe). This is a similar system to one semi-present in Uncharted 2. The colors of the boosters represented how they effected the player (For example, Green was movement). Players could use "complimentary" boosters by matching colors across the slots.

Let's not have Bargain and Kickback Endurance in two different slots.

Hm, I guess you're probably right. I edited my original post. What do you think of the rest of the list? Seem balanced?

I would just move both Bargain and Kickback Endurance to slot 1 considering Bargain's power or just remove Kickback Endurance. While Kickback Endurance is useless, there was a reason why they included it when they moved Bargain to slot 1. Other than that it is pretty good.

Message 67 of 143 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Oct 30, 2013
I <3 you Devs who made this poosible. No TO TDM CCs have been buffed no KB nades can be thrown back.
I know you're looking at my posts GS2
Message 68 of 143 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1245 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

Does nobody else appreciate that they DIDN'T nerf cover blindfire? :smileyvery-happy: I've always been a fan of using cover (as yes, it is a cover shooter) instead of Fleet-Footin'. Next time you have an automatic on hand, give it a try. It's actually quite fun and is surprisingly effective when your opponent's standard blindfire can't match it.

Message 69 of 143 (303 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Oct 30, 2013
I just downloaded the patch and am trying to download all the maps now....hopefully there's enough free space available on my old phat ps3. Do all the maps (or most of them) work for co-op? That dry dock map looks sweet, too bad it's (most likely) only for competitive mode.
Message 70 of 143 (383 Views)
0 Likes