Fender Bender
2419 posts

Re: Patch 1.18 notes are available!

Oct 29, 2013
I'm going to bring up the things I dislike, but this is still an awesome patch, so don't get me wrong, I'm loving most of it.

"The recoil has been reduced on the Tau Sniper and the weapon does not automatically scope"

Whaaaa...? D: No more quick scoping with the Tau?

"Mega Bombs and Cluster Bombs can no longer be thrown back (competitive mode only)"

I don't know if I support this, I feel there should be a way to defend yourself from them, but it should be harder than it is currently.

"Slot 1 now has Kickback Endurance, Ammo Award, Bargain and Team Safe
Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert and Explosive Shell Expert"

This is REALLY unbalanced, no one will use Team Safe anymore, no one used Kickback Endurance or Ammo Award when they were a slot 2 boosters (and sure as hell won't with it in slot 1) And Regeneration and ESE are going to be insanely over powered.

Anyway, everything else is awesome, and I see you guys have taken notes from the community which is great, it will improve the game for the best. But I am very worried about the changes for the boosters, ESE is already a pain in the **bleep** as it is, but all in all, I can put up with it since there's fair greater problems fixed.

Also, thanks a bunch for moving the gate on London!
Pepsi
Message 11 of 143 (734 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Oct 29, 2013

My god... this is one of the best patches yet! I guess we'll have to see how these changes play out, but it's looking good! Thank you Naughty Dog! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 143 (719 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Oct 29, 2013

SjShane wrote:
I'm going to bring up the things I dislike, but this is still an awesome patch, so don't get me wrong, I'm loving most of it.

"The recoil has been reduced on the Tau Sniper and the weapon does not automatically scope"

Whaaaa...? D: No more quick scoping with the Tau?

"Mega Bombs and Cluster Bombs can no longer be thrown back (competitive mode only)"

I don't know if I support this, I feel there should be a way to defend yourself from them, but it should be harder than it is currently.

Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert and Explosive Shell Expert"

This is REALLY unbalanced, no one will use Team Safe anymore, no one used Kickback Endurance or Ammo Award when they were a slot 2 boosters (and sure as hell won't with it in slot 1) And Regeneration and ESE are going to be insanely over powered.

Anyway, everything else is awesome, and I see you guys have taken notes from the community which is great, it will improve the game for the best. But I am very worried about the changes for the boosters, ESE is already a pain in the **bleep** as it is, but all in all, I can put up with it since there's fair greater problems fixed.

Also, thanks a bunch for moving the gate on London!

If you could slot the boosters in anyway, where would you put them?

Message 13 of 143 (706 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 29, 2013

• The Double Damage power play now occurs when a team is up 15 kills instead of 10 and the damage the losing team does is only x1.5 instead of x2
  • Deathmatch has been removed from Team Objective

THANK YOU NAUGHTY DOG.

Message 14 of 143 (704 Views)
Survivor
2125 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Put your discs in and get updating. The patch is available.

It's a 533MB DL.

Message 15 of 143 (701 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Guys is this out already?

Message 16 of 143 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Oct 29, 2013
"Slot 1 now has Kickback Endurance, Ammo Award, Bargain, and Team Safe
Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert, and Explosive Shell Expert."

not sure what this means.. are they replacing what slot those boosters are in or making it so they're in both slots :s
Message 17 of 143 (684 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Oct 29, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
"Slot 1 now has Kickback Endurance, Ammo Award, Bargain, and Team Safe
Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert, and Explosive Shell Expert."

not sure what this means.. are they replacing what slot those boosters are in or making it so they're in both slots :s

They are changing what slots these boosters are in.

Message 18 of 143 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Oct 29, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Great news, I might consider starting to play this again. Although I dislike the booster slot swapping.

Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert and Explosive Shell Expert."

same here it literally ruins my perfect plunder loadout.

No more Beast Mode & BITS Smiley Sad

I like this, it makes it more dificult to choose which booster to use.

tlousig2
Message 19 of 143 (678 Views)
Survivor
2456 posts

Oct 29, 2013
  • Hipfire accuracy has been greatly reduced on all weapons, along with the angle and distance at which the auto lock engages. But Blindfire from cover has not been changed.

YES.gif

Message 20 of 143 (654 Views)