Survivor
2456 posts

Re: Patch 1.18 notes are available!

Oct 29, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
"Slot 1 now has Kickback Endurance, Ammo Award, Bargain, and Team Safe
Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert, and Explosive Shell Expert."

not sure what this means.. are they replacing what slot those boosters are in or making it so they're in both slots :s

They are changing what slots these boosters are in.

that seems kinda lame:/  oh well.   I guess the other changes make up for it.  

Message 21 of 143 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3423 posts

Oct 29, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

SjShane wrote:
I'm going to bring up the things I dislike, but this is still an awesome patch, so don't get me wrong, I'm loving most of it.

"The recoil has been reduced on the Tau Sniper and the weapon does not automatically scope"

Whaaaa...? D: No more quick scoping with the Tau?

"Mega Bombs and Cluster Bombs can no longer be thrown back (competitive mode only)"

I don't know if I support this, I feel there should be a way to defend yourself from them, but it should be harder than it is currently.

"Slot 1 now has Kickback Endurance, Ammo Award, Bargain and Team Safe
Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert and Explosive Shell Expert"

This is REALLY unbalanced, no one will use Team Safe anymore, no one used Kickback Endurance or Ammo Award when they were a slot 2 boosters (and sure as hell won't with it in slot 1) And Regeneration and ESE are going to be insanely over powered.

Anyway, everything else is awesome, and I see you guys have taken notes from the community which is great, it will improve the game for the best. But I am very worried about the changes for the boosters, ESE is already a pain in the **bleep** as it is, but all in all, I can put up with it since there's fair greater problems fixed.

Also, thanks a bunch for moving the gate on London!

If you could slot the boosters in anyway, where would you put them?

Beast Mode, Regeneration & ESE should go back to slot 1.

Team Safe needs to go back to slot it literally cancels out Scoped In & Cloaked Smiley Sad 

Message 22 of 143 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2013

ND, you regained my trust. This is the best patch you have ever done for UC3 and you even brought some Summer beta features back by nerfing sprint and being able to use an unscoped Tau! Now if you guys would only add gore to the EU TLOU MP I would LOVE you again.

Edit: Regeneration and Explosive shell expert on slot 2 makes everyone use it easily and I can't use my Scoped In + Team Safe Gold combo anymore. Only worry I have about this patch :/

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 23 of 143 (591 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3423 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Fakehound wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Great news, I might consider starting to play this again. Although I dislike the booster slot swapping.

"Slot 1 now has Kickback Endurance, Ammo Award, Bargain and Team Safe

Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert and Explosive Shell Expert."

same here it literally ruins my perfect plunder loadout.

No more Beast Mode & BITS Smiley Sad

I like this, it makes it more dificult to choose which booster to use.

No Smiley Sad 

Team Safe, Scoped in, Cloaked in the same slot : (

Message 24 of 143 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
419 posts

Oct 29, 2013

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

Put your discs in and get updating. The patch is available.

It's a 533MB DL.

Is it seriously out now? Nice. Sadly, I can't check right now.

Message 25 of 143 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2125 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Orochidude wrote:

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

Put your discs in and get updating. The patch is available.

It's a 533MB DL.

Is it seriously out now? Nice. Sadly, I can't check right now.

It is. My DL has just finished.

Message 26 of 143 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Oct 29, 2013
Well, I don't support boosters that let players see names through walls, but Come Here and Let Me See and really underpowered due to Cloaked and Cloaked hats, plus they aren't very powerful to start with, so I think the fit better in Slot 2. Endurance isn't very good either, but since sprinting is getting a nerf I might wait until the patch before I say it should be a Slot 2 booster as well. Explosive Expert is under powered since it's hard to collect three grenades for them to be of any use, so I'm happy that booster is being moved to Slot 2.

I'm also happy with Bargain being moved to to slot 1, however people can still use Exploive Shell Expert and Bargain together which sucks, so RPGs/Hammers can be spamed for an entire match. Only other booster that I feel should be moved is Revenge, now in my opinion it's not over powered, but it's a huge problem if a player lags as you can't throw it away, and team mates using it will always knock you down.

So in short:

Come Here - Slot 2
Endurance - Slot 2
Let Me See - Slot 2
Explosive Expert - Slot 2
Bargain - Slot 1
Revenge - Slot 1

Only one I'm not sure about os Beast Mode, it could work well in Slot 1, I'm just not sure, as I'm guessing Plunder will be full of Fleet Foot/Cloaked players roaming around with Beast Mode, BUT, it could make players go for the idol more, which is also good.

Everything else was perfect as it was in my opinion.
Pepsi
Message 27 of 143 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Oct 29, 2013
Is it possible to remove the Cloaked stats from every hat? Like change it to anything else.
Message 28 of 143 (532 Views)
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Oct 29, 2013
@renatabls I agree, but I also feel Cloaked hats aren't a completely bad idea either, if they are to remain, I feel they need a bigger negative effect, the current regen delay is almost unnoticeable. And Cloaked kinda protects you while you heal since less people notice you. Maybe a -7 RoF effect would be better.
Pepsi
Message 29 of 143 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Oct 29, 2013

1380837972363.jpg

Message 30 of 143 (585 Views)