Uncharted Territory
1345 posts

Re: Patch 1.18 notes are available!

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:
If you could slot the boosters in anyway, where would you put them?

SLOT 1:

Fleet Foot

Cloaked

Regeneration

Scoped In

Weapon Expert

Endurance

Beast Mode

Revenge

Explosive Shell

Daredevil

Ammo Award

SLOT 2:

Let Me See

Power Hunter

Bargain

Kickback Endurance

Monkey Man

Treasure Hunter

Deposit

Back In The Saddle

Team Safe

Come Here

Explosive Expert

Reasoning:

I think that the two booster slots should be used as a "Primary" and "Secondary" booster slots. In other words, the second slot should be complimentary to the boosters in slot one. While working together is important in this list, balance still has a higher priority. The best (or most "powerful") Boosters were placed in Slot 1, and the "weaker" ones are in Slot 2. Most of the Slot 2 Boosters aren't active most of the time (Let Me See, Power Hunter, Kickback Endurance, Come Here) or don't effect the match (Treasure, Deposit, BitS). The other Boosters are just complimentary in nature (You can build a loudout around Scoped In, not Team Safe). This is a similar system to one semi-present in Uncharted 2. The colors of the boosters represented how they effected the player (For example, Green was movement). Players could use "complimentary" boosters by matching colors across the slots.

EDIT: Swapped Endurance for Bargain

Message 31 of 143 (2,529 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
915 posts

Oct 29, 2013
Greedy NaughtyDog.
[Former Forum Tag Champion]
Adapt or perish!

*The L in alex is an i.

Message 32 of 143 (2,527 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 29, 2013
Oh my God. Raff buff. I'm OP now! Peeps, meet my trusty ol' ACRS Raff. I swear to God if people suddenly start asking to nerf the Raff...

I guess I'll have to change the booster on my M9 loadout (Regen, MM). Definitely forces me to use my second-best which is Cloaked. Sucks Regen isn't still in slot one though, wonder what's up with that.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 33 of 143 (2,521 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Oct 29, 2013

On the booster changes, I had to reflect what possible impact they might have.

Bargain- I feel that this was a relatively good change. I always thought Bargain did have a slight advantage over the other slot 2 boosters.

Regeneration- I am very borderline on this one. I never thought regen was a good booster in the beginning, but I do see its potential power in the game for those who can quick evade bullets. However, with the recent sprint nerf, I think this was a reasonable choice to do since sprinting out of danger is not as reliable as before and may not be as effective, but only time will tell.

Team Safe- I will give this the same reason as Regen, because of the sprint nerf, sprinting away from grenades will not be as reliable as before, which means that Team Safe's importance in-game is greater now because sprinting away isn't good anymore. In addition, that means your teammates are more likely to be killed by your own grenades, which gives incentive to use Team Safe.

Kickback Endurance- Not sure about this one since I never used it. Smiley Tongue. However, the only reason ND would change it, so that there will never be a Bargin+Kickback Endurance combo. That would be scary since that would strengthen QB, Gotcha, and other time based kickbacks.

Ammo Award- Despite its appearance, Ammo Award is pretty good since a player can get a decent amount of Commando and Gunslinger medals. However, I am not sure about this one. A couple of reasons do come. 1. Deincentivize Weapon Expert use (i.e. RoF mods despite the nerf), 2. since sprinting is weaker, one cannot proactively acquire ammo over dead people. 3. encourage its use more?

Beast Mode- As someone mentioned, encourage more objective playing.

Explosive Expert- Again sprinting argument, can't run to grenade spawns as easily as before, but honestly those spawns weren't very reliable at times.

Explosive Shell Expert- While problematic at first, I think there is some benefit. If a lot of players start using this booster, it would encourage people to proactively hunt power weapons (maybe team kill LOL) meaning more people will fight over the power weapon. In addition, since Bargin is in slot 1, RPG and Hammer kickbacks may see a reduction in use, IDK. Since less people will use those kickback, unless they use the Bargain+ESE combo, they will go for the power weapons rather than the kickback.

I may not be right, but these are what I am getting in my head. However, it all depends on how well they nerfed BF, sprinting, and RoF.

Message 34 of 143 (2,515 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 29, 2013
I got realized we can do Cloaked and Regen now, which is the combo I always wanted.

I guess Mm isn't in all of my loadouts anymore.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 35 of 143 (2,506 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

Oct 29, 2013

As I first read about Dry Docks... my jaw dropped. And it stayed dropped for the entirety of the post.

This... is not ND. It can't be.

FREE maps? Dry Docks? Tau Buff? Deathmatch removed from Team Objective?

Of course I could go on about how this should have happened earlier but... this is just amazing. I read the list of fixes... every single fix I agree with. Every fix seems to actually be necessary.

Well done ND. Looks like you will be dragging me away from GTA V this Friday Smiley Surprised

Message 36 of 143 (2,494 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Nice patch. Clever marketing move. Win /=/ win.

Kudos ND.

Message 37 of 143 (2,486 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2013

runner21 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:
If you could slot the boosters in anyway, where would you put them?

SLOT 1:

Fleet Foot

Cloaked

Regeneration

Scoped In

Weapon Expert

Bargain

Beast Mode

Revenge

Explosive Shell

Daredevil

Ammo Award

SLOT 2:

Let Me See

Power Hunter

Endurance

Kickback Endurance

Monkey Man

Treasure Hunter

Deposit

Back In The Saddle

Team Safe

Come Here

Explosive Expert

Reasoning:

I think that the two booster slots should be used as a "Primary" and "Secondary" booster slots. In other words, the second slot should be complimentary to the boosters in slot one. While working together is important in this list, balance still has a higher proiority. The best (or most "powerful") Boosters were placed in Slot 1, and the "weaker" ones are in Slot 2. Most of the Slot 2 Boosters aren't active most of the time (Let Me See, Power Hunter, Kickback Endurance, Come Here) or don't effect the match (Treasure, Deposit, BitS). The other Boosters are just complimentary in nature (You can build a loudout around Scoped In, not Team Safe). This is a similar system to one semi-present in Uncharted 2. The colors of the boosters represented how they effected the player (For example, Green was movement). Players could use "complimentary" boosters by matching colors across the slots.

Let's not have Bargain and Kickback Endurance in two different slots.

Message 38 of 143 (2,481 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2013

This is seriously too good to be true...wow. I was honestly expecting the two-year anniversary surprise to be like a birthday cake hat or something, but this...I am so impressed. NaughtyDog, you have done amazing things with this patch.

Message 39 of 143 (2,463 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10988 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Here's a walkthrough if anyone is interested (Yes, promoting channel. Deal with it)

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 40 of 143 (2,584 Views)
0 Likes