Hekseville Citizen
338 posts

Re: Patch 1.18 notes are available!

Oct 30, 2013
HELP! The hell? Has the PS store updated yet? I'm trying to download the map packs but there are still prices next to them Smiley Sad
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 71 of 143 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1349 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

NightShadowOwl wrote:
I just downloaded the patch and am trying to download all the maps now....hopefully there's enough free space available on my old phat ps3. Do all the maps (or most of them) work for co-op? That dry dock map looks sweet, too bad it's (most likely) only for competitive mode.

I believe of the 12 DLC maps, only the following 8 work for Co-op Arena:

-Village

-Plaza

-Fort

-Sanctuary

-Lost City

-Oasis

-London Streets

-Old Quarter

The rest do NOT work:

-Temple

-Train Wreck

-Cave

-Graveyard

I guess 2/3 of the maps ain't bad if you only play Co-op. Oh. And Dry Docks doesn't work in Co-op either.

Message 72 of 143 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Oct 30, 2013

I must say ND have done a very good job on Patch 1.18, Its nice to know out of the 5 matches I've played so far that only one death of mine has been due to blindfire and 2 have been to ROF.

Although Im not too sure about some of these booster changes, especially with Team Safe now slot 1.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 73 of 143 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Oct 30, 2013
I thought mega bomb and cluster bomb were not able to be thrown back? Mine just was?
Message 74 of 143 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Oct 30, 2013

runner21 wrote:

Does nobody else appreciate that they DIDN'T nerf cover blindfire? Smiley Very Happy I've always been a fan of using cover (as yes, it is a cover shooter) instead of Fleet-Footin'. Next time you have an automatic on hand, give it a try. It's actually quite fun and is surprisingly effective when your opponent's standard blindfire can't match it.

Message 75 of 143 (429 Views)
Fender Bender
3181 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Wow, a two year old game gives its dlc maps for free yet a game that has been out for 6 years still has maps at full price. ND leads by example.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 76 of 143 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4192 posts

Oct 30, 2013
Gotta admit I'm surprised at this, to say the least. Shame it's two years in instead of six months, but looks like a very positive patch all round.

Nerfed blindfire and rapid fire? About time!
Message 77 of 143 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3591 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

Maps

• All DLC maps are now available to download for free! Go to the in game store and download the Flashback Map Pack 1, 2 and Drake’s Deception Map Pack.
  • Dry Docks makes its triumphant debut and is available in all competitive playlists and custom games!

Co-op

• Old Quarter map has been added to Co-op arena mode
  • The drop rate for all co-op treasures has been increased
  • Old Quarter has been removed from the Hunter Arena playlist.

I don't play co-op, but cool.

Weapons

• Hipfire accuracy has been greatly reduced on all weapons along with the angle and distance at which the auto lock engages. But Blindfire from cover has not been changed I like
  • Increased recoil on the M9 So I have all the more reason to continue using the AK
  • Decreased recoil on FAL-SS K
  • Rate of Fire mod has been decreased on the M9, Arm Micro and KAL-7
  • The recoil of the last round fired in a G-MAL burst has been significantly reduced cool
  • The burst delay and recoil have been reduced on the Raffica cool, I think
  • The accuracy mod on the Raffica has been slightly improved k
  • The recoil has been reduced on the Tau Sniper and the weapon does not automatically scope probably cool
  • The rate of fire mod has increased effectiveness for the Tau Sniper probably cool

Gameplay 

• Sprint maneuverability moderately reduced Cool
  • Mega Bombs and Cluster Bombs can no longer be thrown back (competitive mode only) Cool, I think
  • The Marked Man power play now occurs when a team is up 8 kills instead of 6 A tiny imrovement is still an improvement
  • The Exposed power play occurs when a team is up 10 kills instead of 8 and the range that player names appear has been reduced from 40 meters to 20 A decent improvement
  • The Double Damage power play now occurs when a team is up 15 kills instead of 10 and the damage the losing team does is only x1.5 instead of x2 Sttill sucks and will always suck until gone
  • Deathmatch has been removed from Team Objective Cool
  • Increase score limit in three-team Deathmatch from 20 to 25 Cool
  • Increase score limit of free-for-all from 15 to 20 Cool
  • Multiple steps have been added during the matchmaking process to help find games with lower ping. Wait times to find matches during off peak hours may increase Cool, though it already takes rather long for me to find...

Medal Kickbacks

• The Medal Kickback Creepy Crawler now costs 12 medals and lasts for 25 seconds Cool
  • Quick Boom now costs 12 medals and lasts for 12 seconds Cool
  • Explosives now costs 5 medals Cool, I think

Boosters

• Slot 1 now has Kickback Endurance, Ammo Award, Bargain and Team Safe
  • Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert and Explosive Shell Expert

Hmm, so  I can't run my usaul FF + TmSf, Beast Mode + BitS, Scoped in + ammo award (sniping)? I can apppreciate the bargain and therefore KB Endurance move, but the rest is pretty tricky. I'll see. On the plusnegative side, I (but also others) can begin to enjoy using (exploiting?) FF + ESE/ Cloaked + ESE/ Scoped-In + ESE ^_^_^__^^_^__^_^^__^_^_^^__^_^_^^__^_^_^ 

• Bargain paid booster cost increase from $100k to $250k Cool
  • PING paid booster cost increase from $100k to $250k Cool

New 3rd Buddy Boosters

• Cutter – Cutter KAL-7 – Jade Para 9 – Sugar Buddy
  • Eddie – Eddie’s AK – Jade Para 9 – Booty Buddy
  • Draza – Draza’s Dragon – jade Para 9 – Thanks Buddy
  • Flynn – Flynn’s G-MAL – Jade Para 9 – Explosive Buddy
  • Lazarevic – Lazarevic’s FAL-SS – Jade Para 9 – Stealth Buddy

Das cool, whatever tbh

Map adjustments

• Gate added to London Underground tunnel to block off dead end I think I was one of the few who did not mind other people camping here, nor had shame in doing so. Pretty neutral to this actually.
  • Plunders chests have been rebalanced on Syria and Museum ok cool
Do you feel me?

Message 78 of 143 (377 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 30, 2013
**bleep**, when the Raff gets love, it's not just "cool". You make love to the man who did it. You let yourself be his slave, alright?

Because now, the Raff isn't "stupid", like how most people call me when I use it. Pricks.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 79 of 143 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Oct 30, 2013

I'm waiting for Aurelia to chime in.  She's going to have an emotional  breakdown over all the buffs and nerfs since she spams the TLOU forums everyday with her philosphy about how a multiplayer game should not be buffed or nerfed (which I find so comical)

Anyways I will have to find time out of my busy TLOU schedule to come back and test out this new patch and new maps.  Thanks for the support ND.  Hope you didn't fubar things up even more Smiley Tongue

Message 80 of 143 (481 Views)
0 Likes