Jul 16 2013
By: IVIaster_ZED Hekseville Citizen 392 posts

Paul Luis Moya? (FAL related)

5 replies 323 views Edited Jul 16, 2013

I noticed a six-pointed star design when I was looking at the other side of the Pogo FAL (just spinning it around in the loadout menu for no reason), and upon closer inspection, found this:

When I looked the name up, I found that a Paul Moya is credited as a prop modeller on Uncharted 1.  G'FAQs says he was also on Jak and Daxter as a dev and Final Fantasy 9, where he worked on field map graphics.  The name is attached to all of the FALs since this is part of the base weapon skin, so it's easy to guess that this is just an artist signing his work.

Here's the interesting bit: he doesn't have a credit in the latter two Uncharteds (according to GameFAQs; the wiki has no credits pages for 2 or 3), and some quick research (because I didn't play the first game much) reveals there is no FAL in Drake's Fortune.  Even though it's illegible in 2, you can find the extremely low-res name and star symbol in that game as well (seems UC3 weapons got a resolution upgrade).  That seems a bit fishy to me, so I'm curious if anyone happens to know more about this, like whether the FAL was meant to be in UDF or if some other event led to him being immortalized on the weapon.

If you look at the handle's right edge, you can see a scratch coming out from under it.  I didn't notice when I took this pic, but there's something written under there too.  Can anyone else take a snapshot of it?  I'll do it the next time I have a chance if not, I just can't do it right now because I'm stuck with an SDTV for a few hours minimum.

Bonus: Part of the inside of a FAL clip.  Make what you will of this:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Paul Luis Moya? (FAL related)

Jul 16, 2013

The FAL-SS doesn't exist in UC1, UC2 and UC3 SP.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (320 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jul 16, 2013
Is it some variant of the FAL in UC2?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1869 posts

Jul 17, 2013
Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see any name. O_o

Anyway the FAL-SS is just a repainted FAL from Uncharted 2, there may have been some small changes, but for the most part, they look identical.

It's possible they created the body for the FAL in UDF but never finished it, I know there were at least two guns that didn't make it into the game. (A scoped 9mm and some other assault riffle).
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jul 17, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see any name. O_o

Anyway the FAL-SS is just a repainted FAL from Uncharted 2, there may have been some small changes, but for the most part, they look identical.

It's possible they created the body for the FAL in UDF but never finished it, I know there were at least two guns that didn't make it into the game. (A scoped 9mm and some other assault riffle).

1. You're blind... or playing Uncharted 2. :smileytongue: It's the exact name I wrote as the topic on the bottom, and then 217 off in the lower right corner (no idea what that means).

2. I wouldn't be surprised if it were the exact same model with slight differences to fit into UC3 (namely for mods).

3. I know the story behind it is likely this or something else mundane, I just wanna know for sure how things turned out the way they did.  Dummied, cut material and easter eggs (and the stories behind them) fascinate me to no end.

BTW, the text under the handle turned out to be a simple series of digits that I think represent his birthday (07241971 IIRC, I'm not looking at it at the moment).  I'll copy the image I took from the PS3 later.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11022 posts

Jul 18, 2013
It only took us 2 years to find this.

Maaaaybe someday they'll tell us the rest if the easter eggs...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (202 Views)