What do they mean?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
554 posts

Re: Paws on ranks?

Apr 3, 2013

It means that you own a Uncharted 3 Disk, if you don't have the Paw, it means you download the game from the store.

I like cats :3

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6900 posts

Apr 3, 2013

its for people who have the disc version of the game and popped it in on the same day UC3 went F2P.....they mean absolutely nothing because a noob who just started that day could've done it and got the paw as well

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,163 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18238 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

its for people who have the disc version of the game and popped it in on the same day UC3 went F2P.....they mean absolutely nothing because a noob who just started that day could've done it and got the paw as well

This is wrong as well. The Paw signifies that you owned UC3 prior to patch 1.17 and you played at least 1 game on your account prior to the patch. The Paw was given to players that played the game before the patch aired, while people who started after 1.17 was launched do not have it.

I had a second account that was a level 75 and hadn't played for several months. When I played on it after 1.17 aired, it had the Paw, even though I did not play on it the day 1.17 aired.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (824 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6900 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

This is wrong as well. The Paw signifies that you owned UC3 prior to patch 1.17 and you played at least 1 game on your account prior to the patch. The Paw was given to players that played the game before the patch aired, while people who started after 1.17 was launched do not have it.

UC3 went F2P around the same time the patch came out and it's the same thing i was referring to......playing a game before the patch came is the same as having the disc version before the patch isn't it? it means you had the disc version before it went F2P....lol we are saying the same thing dude......I didnt mean the EXACT SAME day it came out i meant before it

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (773 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18238 posts

Apr 3, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

UC3 went F2P around the same time the patch came out and it's the same thing i was referring to......playing a game before the patch came is the same as having the disc version before the patch isn't it? it means you had the disc version before it went F2P....lol we are saying the same thing dude

You never mentioned playing a game before the patch aired. All you said was that you loaded up the MP with the disc the day the patch aired. I could have used my launch-day disc on a brand new account after 1.17 and with the correct answer (omitted from your post), it wouldn't have gotten the Paw.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (704 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6900 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

UC3 went F2P around the same time the patch came out and it's the same thing i was referring to......playing a game before the patch came is the same as having the disc version before the patch isn't it? it means you had the disc version before it went F2P....lol we are saying the same thing dude

You never mentioned playing a game before the patch aired. All you said was that you loaded up the MP with the disc the day the patch aired. I could have used my launch-day disc on a brand new account after 1.17 and with the correct answer (omitted from your post), it wouldn't have gotten the Paw.

Check the re-edit i did before your post (edited again)

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Either way it's completely obnoxious. You can barely see what rank people have when it's present and it just looks ugly.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (325 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Apr 4, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

On the SAME DAY? No, I haven't played for over two months and upon coming back yesterday I still got the paw.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (237 Views)
0 Likes