Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 3, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

The main issue is the matchmaking and team balancing. I have played countless matches where all ten players were lone wolfs and somehow all the good players ended up on the same team. Level based matchmaking sucks, period. I don't want them to remove parties but they need to make sure that these parties get to play against other good players. I have beaten parties as a lone wolf several times because I had help from other good lone wolfs, but it's a joke when you get teams like these:

leonbrabo

FUTEASPORT

HazeGirl4

sergiopro13

iBiZa_TwisT

vs

Level 1 (splitscreen)

Level 1 (splitscreen)

Level 3 (1 kill, 40 deaths)

Level 45 (400 kills, 2700 deaths)

Level 75

Just look at the Youtube videos these players post and you'll see that it's an endless stream of noob stomping, so matchups like these happen all the time. To be fair, I don't think Naughty Dog can do something that will please everyone. If they force skill based matchmaking then people will complain about lag, and if they leave it like it is right now then we're stuck with unbalanced teams almost every single match.

Oh, i've played with Haze, she's a good player Smiley Happy & ND dusn't curr about skill matchmaking anymore. 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 31 of 240 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6966 posts

May 3, 2013

I do wish something was done about parties. At the very least, prioritize parties of 4-5 to find each other above all others. Because it really only takes 1-2 bad people on a team to practically make you lose the round. Sometimes I play TO matches filled with 10 randoms and it is wholeheartedly fun, which is why I stay away from partying up with my friends too much and when I usually do, it gets stale pretty quick for me.

This is mainly a problem with matchmaking itself, not so much parties

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 32 of 240 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

May 3, 2013
Agree with Sand on the matter of matchmaking being dumb.

Unforunately dude, you'll have to deal with it like us other lone wolves or party up. I'd like to see the Mercenary Lab come back...perhaps as a permanent playlist, but the player pool count sucks already.
Message 33 of 240 (432 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

May 3, 2013
If any of you really hate playing against parties of 5 that much, why don't you leave matchmaking before voting starts? It's pretty easy to tell when you're facing a po5.
Message 34 of 240 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Message 35 of 240 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

May 3, 2013
PARTY TOGGLE!!!
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 36 of 240 (374 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
20 posts

May 3, 2013

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this to be quite annoying. & for those who simply say "leave" before the match begins, no I don't do that. First off, either way you'll get a loss so you might as well stay and at least try to win or get the satisfacton of killing them and hearing them whine about you lagging or calling you garbage for anything you do.. & two you're leaving a bunch of noobs alone by their self which isn't fair. I try to protect them and follow them around because if not, those parties will just blind fire, melee then roll away for an easy kill. Whenever I get matched up on a really unbalanced team and I know we're gonna dominate, I just leave the match to give the other team a chance. I feel bad when I dominate because most people just wanna have fun when online, buf then you got the try hards and the "can't take losing" people who ruin it by lagging, glitching, partying up, or simply taking advantage of any flaw that they can. I hope Uncharted 4 (If there is one) will have a more balanced matchmaking system, not based off Legacy but wins to loss and kills to deaths.

Message 37 of 240 (372 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 3, 2013

KidsOnFireBro wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this to be quite annoying. & for those who simply say "leave" before the match begins, no I don't do that. First off, either way you'll get a loss so you might as well stay and at least try to win or get the satisfacton of killing them and hearing them whine about you lagging or calling you garbage for anything you do.. & two you're leaving a bunch of noobs alone by their self which isn't fair. I try to protect them and follow them around because if not, those parties will just blind fire, melee then roll away for an easy kill. Whenever I get matched up on a really unbalanced team and I know we're gonna dominate, I just leave the match to give the other team a chance. I feel bad when I dominate because most people just wanna have fun when online, buf then you got the try hards and the "can't take losing" people who ruin it by lagging, glitching, partying up, or simply taking advantage of any flaw that they can. I hope Uncharted 4 (If there is one) will have a more balanced matchmaking system, not based off Legacy but wins to loss and kills to deaths.

And you go play COD/BF3/Crysis 3/ Halo, you will still come across party's of Try hards only difference is the player pool is way bigger for most of the games mentioned so it seems to happen less than in UC3.

It's called Multiplayer for a reason & because you choose to lone wolf others who choose to do the opposite shouldn't be pittied against you?. You don't want to quit the match because you wanna go down trying, you don't want to leave the other players to get stomped on... well that seems to be part of the problem, Nobody asked you to be Noob Gaurdian, you guys complain about everything in UC3, soon someone will be asking ND to put Noobs to play amongst each other because they ruin matchmaking & make the game unbalanced.

The matchmaking is flawed in this game, but even if ND changed it to your formula it will still be flawed & you will still run into these parties & we'll be back to square one because ND will never be able to please everyone, so suck it up or go play FFA or party up with 2-3 friends so you can level out your team.

Message 38 of 240 (359 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

May 3, 2013

Suck it up. Learn from the opposing party of 5.

I won't deny that you will get roflstomped by a party of 5 almost everytime when you go solo, but why not just learn from what they do and either use it or find a way to counter it?

How about you just find your own party of 5? Hell, why not just go solo and grab a mic to talk to your random teammates?

It's called teamwork bro.

But don't get me wrong now, I share your anger of when I go against a party of 5. It's just when I get played with some noobs, that's when it's bull. And that the teams sometimes come out unbalanced, I won't deny that either. But you won't win everytime, now. Just play and learn from their loadouts and tactics.

[side note: Merc Lab sounds interesting... never played it, but I won't deny that it would be pretty sweet to have it as a permanent mode, since I myself don't have a mic...]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 39 of 240 (350 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

May 3, 2013
I personally didn't say anything about quitting an already started match. I suggested leaving before the voting even starts, let alone the actual match.
Message 40 of 240 (344 Views)
0 Likes