Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 12, 2013

AlexDarkshield wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

AlexDarkshield wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

AlexDarkshield wrote:
We need mercenary mode!!

For UC4.

 

UC3 player pool cannot support this.


How? The lab was once mercenary mode. 


That was a one time event and only lasted a week, if there was a mode that was strictly mercenary mode then all the TDM, Plunder and Objectives would be a graveyard.


I don't think so because parties will only be able to play in tdm. 


The player pool is already extremely fragmented, why add another mode that will now split the base of the most popular mode?? 

 

The DLC Map situation would just make it worse.

Please use plain text.
Message 181 of 240 (116 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 12, 2013
Parties will face other parties in tdm. (more competitive if both teams are tryhards like me)
Lonewolfs can play mercenary mode and just relax.
If they want to face parties and show off their skills, they can still play tdm.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Please use plain text.
Message 182 of 240 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 12, 2013

AlexDarkshield wrote:
Parties will face other parties in tdm. (more competitive if both teams are tryhards like me)
Lonewolfs can play mercenary mode and just relax.
If they want to face parties and show off their skills, they can still play tdm.

There are still many people that play in parties for "fun" and are not tryhards, not too fair for them is it?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 183 of 240 (111 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 12, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

AlexDarkshield wrote:
Parties will face other parties in tdm. (more competitive if both teams are tryhards like me)
Lonewolfs can play mercenary mode and just relax.
If they want to face parties and show off their skills, they can still play tdm.

There are still many people that play in parties for "fun" and are not tryhards, not too fair for them is it?


But if they are a party, they can play with other parties and lonewolfs(if there are any) in tdm. 

Mercenary mode is for people who do not want to face parties and just play by themselves. 

YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Please use plain text.
Message 184 of 240 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 12, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

AlexDarkshield wrote:
Parties will face other parties in tdm. (more competitive if both teams are tryhards like me)
Lonewolfs can play mercenary mode and just relax.
If they want to face parties and show off their skills, they can still play tdm.

There are still many people that play in parties for "fun" and are not tryhards, not too fair for them is it?


Why can't you have fun against other parties?

Please use plain text.
Message 185 of 240 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 12, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Stats are not more important than having fun, hence me playing on alt accounts where I don't have to worry about them. I don't like trophies either but that doesn't prevent me from getting 100% in every game. I try to make the best of the current situation and I'll complain as much as I want about it.

 

Also, stop bring up CoD like it's the golden standard of gaming. It's irrelevant if other games have bad matchmaking systems because this discussion is about improving the Uncharted games. Other people here have already mentioned games like HALO that implement a skill based matchmaking system so there are games out there that get it right that Naughty Dog could learn from.


And you continue to contradict yourself "Stats are not more important than having fun, HENCE me playing not playing on my original account on alts where I don't have to worry about them":smileyvery-happy:

 

 If you try to make the best of the current situation you shouldn't be complaining almost daily. 

 

And you clearly didn't grasp my point with the COD reference yet you want to call me dense, Parties work the same way there, they work the same in BF3, Halo, Gears... it worked the same in UC2. If you have a small player pool you will get pitted against parties more so than in other games so even if ND changed matchmaking tomorrow you will still run into parties because the game is trying it's best to get a match started with the limited player population it has to work with. 

 

 


Why is playing on my main account so **bleep** important to you? I played on my main account exclusively until I had 100% of the DLC trophies and then I stopped playing the game completely for a while. I've played a lot of co-op on alternate accounts because my friends list was full on my main account and people kept asking me to help them get the star or get some trophies.  I don't even know why I still play this broken game at all...

 

As for your comment about parties in other games, again I must stress that I don't care if other games handle parties just as badly as the Uncharted games do. The player pool is not THAT small anyway so there should be room for some improvements. I wouldn't mind waiting an extra minute or two if it means I don't have to be put in a match with nine players from South America.


Are you trying to be slick? lol

I don't care about your *other* account i'm simply highlighting the hypocrisy within your comments & your selfish frame of mind. Exactly I don't know why you continue to play a game you obviously resent lol.

 

I must stress you still don't get the point, parties function the same in other games like they do in UC3, so clearly UC3 doesn't handle parties bad if it's built around a universally used method in online gaming.

 

The player pool is small & will get smaller very soon, improvements?? that's not gonna happen because the system in place was sh!t from the get go... Legacy's are the root of the problem, I don't see how else they can improve matchmaking unless they implement a Ping filter toggle.

Please use plain text.
Message 186 of 240 (100 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 12, 2013

AlexDarkshield wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

AlexDarkshield wrote:
Parties will face other parties in tdm. (more competitive if both teams are tryhards like me)
Lonewolfs can play mercenary mode and just relax.
If they want to face parties and show off their skills, they can still play tdm.

There are still many people that play in parties for "fun" and are not tryhards, not too fair for them is it?


But if they are a party, they can play with other parties and lonewolfs(if there are any) in tdm. 

Mercenary mode is for people who do not want to face parties and just play by themselves. 


Exactly but listen, the player pool is too small for another game mode. Why would anyone bother playing actual TDM when it just becomes full of tryhard parties. I love a challange but there are times I like to play TDM and just take it slow and try new things, I dont want to strain myself every single match I play.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 187 of 240 (97 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 12, 2013
If they are tired to play tdm because of the full tryhard parties, they can play mercenary mode where the parties are not allowed.
If they are playing with one more friend, they can play 3TDM.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Please use plain text.
Message 188 of 240 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 12, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Stats are not more important than having fun, hence me playing on alt accounts where I don't have to worry about them. I don't like trophies either but that doesn't prevent me from getting 100% in every game. I try to make the best of the current situation and I'll complain as much as I want about it.

 

Also, stop bring up CoD like it's the golden standard of gaming. It's irrelevant if other games have bad matchmaking systems because this discussion is about improving the Uncharted games. Other people here have already mentioned games like HALO that implement a skill based matchmaking system so there are games out there that get it right that Naughty Dog could learn from.


And you continue to contradict yourself "Stats are not more important than having fun, HENCE me playing not playing on my original account on alts where I don't have to worry about them":smileyvery-happy:

 

 If you try to make the best of the current situation you shouldn't be complaining almost daily. 

 

And you clearly didn't grasp my point with the COD reference yet you want to call me dense, Parties work the same way there, they work the same in BF3, Halo, Gears... it worked the same in UC2. If you have a small player pool you will get pitted against parties more so than in other games so even if ND changed matchmaking tomorrow you will still run into parties because the game is trying it's best to get a match started with the limited player population it has to work with. 

 

 


Why is playing on my main account so **bleep** important to you? I played on my main account exclusively until I had 100% of the DLC trophies and then I stopped playing the game completely for a while. I've played a lot of co-op on alternate accounts because my friends list was full on my main account and people kept asking me to help them get the star or get some trophies.  I don't even know why I still play this broken game at all...

 

As for your comment about parties in other games, again I must stress that I don't care if other games handle parties just as badly as the Uncharted games do. The player pool is not THAT small anyway so there should be room for some improvements. I wouldn't mind waiting an extra minute or two if it means I don't have to be put in a match with nine players from South America.


Are you trying to be slick? lol

I don't care about your *other* account i'm simply highlighting the hypocrisy within your comments & your selfish frame of mind. Exactly I don't know why you continue to play a game you obviously resent lol.

 

I must stress you still don't get the point, parties function the same in other games like they do in UC3, so clearly UC3 doesn't handle parties bad if it's built around a universally used method in online gaming.

 

The player pool is small & will get smaller very soon, improvements?? that's not gonna happen because the system in place was sh!t from the get go... Legacy's are the root of the problem, I don't see how else they can improve matchmaking unless they implement a Ping filter toggle.


Even a ping filter toggle wouldn't help too much, sure you can find people with a good connection but you're gonna have to wait 20-30 minutes to find a full group of 10.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 189 of 240 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 12, 2013

AlexDarkshield wrote:
If they are tired to play tdm because of the full tryhard parties, they can play mercenary mode where the parties are not allowed.
If they are playing with one more friend, they can play 3TDM.

Do you not understand what I'am trying to say? There are players that are NOT tryhards and would like to play TDM with thier FRIENDS.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 190 of 240 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes