Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 13, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

I'm not going to step into this trap. However I fully support Mercenary TDM mode for Uncharted 4. 

I think a mercenary mode would benefit both lone wolves and parties. The Player base could become a problem, because it takes long enough to find a game in a PO5 as it is now. 

 

We coul get rid of some useless game modes.

Game modes list would look like this:

- Team Deathmatch

- Mercenary Team Deathmatch

- Classic or whatever

- Team Objective

- Plunder

- Co-op modes


Everyone is in support of a Mercenary mode in UC4, we simply don't want one in UC3 for the obvious reasons.

 

Classic mode needs to go.

Message 231 of 240 (215 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 13, 2013
Battlefield ftw.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 232 of 240 (177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10109 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

I think I saw HC mode. Yes, I would want that back. Classic's as dead as HC.

 

If you say Classic still has people, so did HC. It just happens that Classic has more FORUM players than HC, which makes it off.

 

EDIT - Just limit parties to 3 in public. You can limit it to that in co-op, so why not? Seriously I'd feel like a tool, being the 5th wheel in parties.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 233 of 240 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13533 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 14, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I think I saw HC mode. Yes, I would want that back. Classic's as dead as HC.

 

If you say Classic still has people, so did HC. It just happens that Classic has more FORUM players than HC, which makes it off.

 

EDIT - Just limit parties to 3 in public. You can limit it to that in co-op, so why not? Seriously I'd feel like a tool, being the 5th wheel in parties.


I played both.

 

Yeah.. Feels about the same in matchmaking terms for me too.



Message 234 of 240 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10109 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 14, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I think I saw HC mode. Yes, I would want that back. Classic's as dead as HC.

 

If you say Classic still has people, so did HC. It just happens that Classic has more FORUM players than HC, which makes it off.

 

EDIT - Just limit parties to 3 in public. You can limit it to that in co-op, so why not? Seriously I'd feel like a tool, being the 5th wheel in parties.


I played both.

 

Yeah.. Feels about the same in matchmaking terms for me too.


If HC can be classified as dead with those standards, then Classic is dead.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 235 of 240 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13533 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 14, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I think I saw HC mode. Yes, I would want that back. Classic's as dead as HC.

 

If you say Classic still has people, so did HC. It just happens that Classic has more FORUM players than HC, which makes it off.

 

EDIT - Just limit parties to 3 in public. You can limit it to that in co-op, so why not? Seriously I'd feel like a tool, being the 5th wheel in parties.


I played both.

 

Yeah.. Feels about the same in matchmaking terms for me too.


If HC can be classified as dead with those standards, then Classic is dead.


I never classified it as dead.

 

They were/are very much alive.



Message 236 of 240 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
4560 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I think I saw HC mode. Yes, I would want that back. Classic's as dead as HC.

 

If you say Classic still has people, so did HC. It just happens that Classic has more FORUM players than HC, which makes it off.

 

EDIT - Just limit parties to 3 in public. You can limit it to that in co-op, so why not? Seriously I'd feel like a tool, being the 5th wheel in parties.


I played both.

 

Yeah.. Feels about the same in matchmaking terms for me too.


If HC can be classified as dead with those standards, then Classic is dead.


They're both dead. No one cares. Here's why:

 

Hardcore is dead because the health was way too high which meant you had to run in packs all game. If you ever did get shots in someone they'd just sprint away until they were next to their team. That's what I did because that's how you won. That makes for incredibly boring gameplay.

 

Classic is dead because if you didn't have a power weapon then you had the choice between the base G-mal (which is pretty annoying to use now thanks to the nerf but probably the best option) or the base AK (which is incredibly annoying to aim without Accuracy). On top of that you can pick up very limited M9s or Fals (though who uses the Fal?) on the map and I wouldn't count it as a power weapon. The Dragon sniper isn't much of a power weapon in Classic (unlike in U2 when it was an effective power weapon). The Dragon really isn't any better than the G-mal because it's been balanced as a loadout weapon. If after you pick up a g-mal or m9 and you have a choice to use anything but a t-bolt, RPG, hammer, shotty, or Mag then you probably won't do it.

 

My biggest problem with Classic is I don't like the g-mal on close quarter maps and I hate the base AK. I really don't like the m9 either because it's hard to switch between the m9 and the g-mal/fal/snipers/para with max sensitivity. That makes classic more of a hassle to me along with it taking forever to find a match.

Message 237 of 240 (136 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10109 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 14, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I think I saw HC mode. Yes, I would want that back. Classic's as dead as HC.

 

If you say Classic still has people, so did HC. It just happens that Classic has more FORUM players than HC, which makes it off.

 

EDIT - Just limit parties to 3 in public. You can limit it to that in co-op, so why not? Seriously I'd feel like a tool, being the 5th wheel in parties.


I played both.

 

Yeah.. Feels about the same in matchmaking terms for me too.


If HC can be classified as dead with those standards, then Classic is dead.


They're both dead. No one cares. Here's why:

 

Hardcore is dead because the health was way too high which meant you had to run in packs all game. If you ever did get shots in someone they'd just sprint away until they were next to their team. That's what I did because that's how you won. That makes for incredibly boring gameplay.

 

Classic is dead because if you didn't have a power weapon then you had the choice between the base G-mal (which is pretty annoying to use now thanks to the nerf but probably the best option) or the base AK (which is incredibly annoying to aim without Accuracy). On top of that you can pick up very limited M9s or Fals (though who uses the Fal?) on the map and I wouldn't count it as a power weapon. The Dragon sniper isn't much of a power weapon in Classic (unlike in U2 when it was an effective power weapon). The Dragon really isn't any better than the G-mal because it's been balanced as a loadout weapon. If after you pick up a g-mal or m9 and you have a choice to use anything but a t-bolt, RPG, hammer, shotty, or Mag then you probably won't do it.

 

My biggest problem with Classic is I don't like the g-mal on close quarter maps and I hate the base AK. I really don't like the m9 either because it's hard to switch between the m9 and the g-mal/fal/snipers/para with max sensitivity. That makes classic more of a hassle to me along with it taking forever to find a match.


Good points, and I do love quadruple-teaming, but I'd want to have HC back. TDM's OBVIOUSLY not balanced because people can't shut up about which mod is OP, which KB is OP and whether or not Revenge is cool.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 238 of 240 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
4560 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 14, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:


Good points, and I do love quadruple-teaming, but I'd want to have HC back. TDM's OBVIOUSLY not balanced because people can't shut up about which mod is OP, which KB is OP and whether or not Revenge is cool.


Yes TDM isn't balanced. No mode is balanced thanks to OP blindfire/hipfire. People won't shut up about overpowered RoF, quickboom, Revenge, the Kal, ping, and all other SA variants because they cheapen the game experience. Getting killed by someone's laggy grenade just because you killed them in CQC while they're trying to blindfire you with a Kal or m9 isn't fun.

Message 239 of 240 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10109 posts
 

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 14, 2013
Yeah, that's not news, but point is, I'd rather have HC back than deal with stuff like that (save for things that carry over in all modes like blindfire).
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 240 of 240 (201 Views)
Reply
0 Likes