Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Re: People in parties in Uncharted 3...

May 3, 2013
Anyway. Sony, ND won't take out parties. Sony's whole thing now is making PS more social. We even have Facebook integration, for crying out loud.

Honestly, dude, just quit a match if you don't like it. You can suck up and take a loss, parties can suck up and realize matchmaking takes longer if you're a well-oiled team. Simple.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 21 of 240 (362 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

May 3, 2013
kidsonfirebro@:

take some weed instead of complaining of loneliness :smileywink:

you'll be happier

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 22 of 240 (360 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

bunshing wrote:
kidsonfirebro@:

take some weed instead of complaining of loneliness :smileywink:

you'll be happier

So because I don't party up that means I'm lonley right? I guess that goes for the thousands of other players that are "lone wolfs." Yeah, seems legit. I'm not saying remove the parties, I'm just saying balance the team. No reason why 5 40,000+ KDR try hards should be going against 4 negatives and one positive. It's unfair to everyone and it just makes you sick how these parties will kill you. They run in packs just tyring to protect each other. What's even funnier is when they teams is balanced and they see they can't dominate they're like "back out, back out." Haha

Message 23 of 240 (344 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
226 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

I feel your frustration. I don't like playing in parties of 5. it's boring. You'll hardly ever run into another party and when you do, it's so rare when the other party stays for the whole match if they are getting destroyed. Worst thing I've seen rise up lately is that they'll quit during the lobby, which is RIDICULOUS. I've partied up in a party of 5 plenty of times and most of the time, you'll just face off against noobs or people that suck. Rarely will you play against decent players. When you lone wolf it up, you'll face parties after parties and get stuck with the most unbalanced teams. There is just no win-win situation in these scenarios, at least for me.

Parties of 2 or 3 is where it's at for me. It's enjoyable even if you get people that suck in your team and a challenge at the same time because you can't always rely on the randoms placed on your teams. It makes the game less boring and more exciting to me than being in a five man party.

I have to say, I'm kind of grateful to have friends who will handicap themselves whenever we face off against noobs and are in a party of 5 ourselves so that we don't ruin the other player's experience. We'll make up rules like TAU sniper only so that they may stand a chance and actually kill us because honestly, who cares how much you die in Objective games!? It's a nice gesture in my opinion. Too bad most parties don't do this!

Message 24 of 240 (341 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 3, 2013

Some of ya'll who are complaing about Party of 5 are exaggerating. I don't think ND needs to change anything Try Hards are in every MP, they play in Party's & that's just the reality of things.

You can always leave a match if you don't like what you're up against you're not forced to play it.

Message 25 of 240 (330 Views)
First Son
5 posts

May 3, 2013

You don't get it do you.  If a party of 5 is in the matchmaking system it skews the hell out of teams.  All it takes is a couple random noobs and the random team loses.  Not only that but organized teams are always ready to go at the beginning of matches.  They are ready to grab those power weapons and go to town.  Randoms are sporratic.  Sometimes it takes a good 5 seconds for a random to get going into the match.

It's ridiculous and there needs to be a mode for parties of 5 to remedy this matchmaking problem.

Message 26 of 240 (315 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

May 3, 2013
^ exactly. Me, I'm solo most of the time. I know when the **bleep**'s hit the fan. There's no point staying on a lopsided game. Screw my stats. I'm not having fun anymore.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 27 of 240 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

May 3, 2013
I meant to zidane. Merc mode/parties only mode will hurt the player pool.
Message 28 of 240 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

There are two main reasons that I play UC3 mp comp almost exclusively in a party:

1. To have a fighting chance against laggers and cheaters.  I do like to win but if the match is fair, getting beaten by a better team is only going to improve my play and I may learn something.  My friends and I generally start a match simply trying to have fun but if we're up against tryhards and they're spamming power weapons, spawn killing, double/triple teaming, blindfiring and every other trick in the book, we knuckle down and try to hand them a loss - there is nothing more satisfying.  And if we lose, then we move on.
  2. To have a good time with friends.  BTW, that ain't crap!  Personally, I've friended people that I enjoy playing with because they have my back and I genuinely like them!  We spend a fair amount of time in the lobby just talking.

Having said that, I understand your frustration.  I felt much the same way when I first started playing comp (I was mainly a coop player and still am).  ND is not going to change anything for UC3...that's why I adapted.  Ranked and Casual matches might help the issue but please don't take away parties!  ...especially in future games.

Message 29 of 240 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 3, 2013

The main issue is the matchmaking and team balancing. I have played countless matches where all ten players were lone wolfs and somehow all the good players ended up on the same team. Level based matchmaking sucks, period. I don't want them to remove parties but they need to make sure that these parties get to play against other good players. I have beaten parties as a lone wolf several times because I had help from other good lone wolfs, but it's a joke when you get teams like these:

leonbrabo

FUTEASPORT

HazeGirl4

sergiopro13

iBiZa_TwisT

vs

Level 1 (splitscreen)

Level 1 (splitscreen)

Level 3 (1 kill, 40 deaths)

Level 45 (400 kills, 2700 deaths)

Level 75

Just look at the Youtube videos these players post and you'll see that it's an endless stream of noob stomping, so matchups like these happen all the time. To be fair, I don't think Naughty Dog can do something that will please everyone. If they force skill based matchmaking then people will complain about lag, and if they leave it like it is right now then we're stuck with unbalanced teams almost every single match.

Message 30 of 240 (257 Views)
0 Likes